Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > The Wormhole

Miracles

by Nekko-Blue-Hydrangea 0 reviews

Sonic's got attacked! What is Amy to do? Not only that, but Team Chaotix joins the search.

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Amy Rose, Charmy, Cream, Espio, Knuckles, Miles "Tails" Prower, Rouge, Shadow, Sonic, Vector - Published: 2006-03-17 - Updated: 2006-03-17 - 3682 words

0Unrated


Amy awoke and realized she had only slept for a couple hours. It was late in the day and the fire had begun to burn out. She noticed though that she and Sonic were still quite close to one another, which made her blush a deep scarlet. His head was resting atop hers, and her muzzle was under his. Her forearms were resting against his chest, which was burning hot, and Sonic had one arm that went under and around her shoulders and another that went over and around her waist.

She smiled to herself. 'If Rouge could just see this' she thought, while chuckling quietly.

She noticed Sonics fever had gone up again, and his cheeks had begun to turn red oppose to the pink they had been just a few hours ago. Though he had a peaceful smile on his face, she knew that it would not last long. For now he seemed fine though, and Amy reluctantly pulled herself from his strong, yet gentle arms. She was careful, trying to avoid waking him up, and finally succeeded in pulling herself from his grip.

Immediately her body felt like dead weight as she stood up. She concluded that when she got back she would not hesitate to jump in his arms again. But for now, she put a log on the fire, grabbed her net, and headed for the waterfall. Sonic needed food for nourishment, and she was the only one who could get it.

Amy realized she had still not washed herself, and suddenly that feeling of being dirty washed over her. She decided taking a quick bath could not hurt, and realized she needed to collect some slugs. Taking off her shoes, she took one with her and headed for the rocks next to the waterfall. She began climbing, and whenever she found a slug she would rip it off and place it in her shoe. After the shoe was full, she headed back down toward the rock that was opposite waterfall. She placed her shoe on it, along with where her other shoe was, and pulled off what very little clothes she had. After she picked up a slug, and let it bite into her ungloved hand.

Though she never really noticed it, the slug, called a Ficalsuik (fy-kel-sue-ik), had a very strange feeding mechanism. It would bite, and like most bloodsuckers, release a chemical that would, unlike most bloodsuckers, stop blood from pouring out of the cut. That way, the slug could not over feed on the protein filled blood and kill its self.

Amy never really noticed this, as she let it have its fill. She placed it on the rock and headed over to the lagoon. She jumped in, and let the water soak her fur as she scrubbed, getting out as much dirt she could without the soap. Finally she headed back out, and while squeezing the Ficalsuik gently, she was able to run it over her body like a sponge. After she squeezed the rest of the soap out of it and placed back in her shoe, before rubbing her fur ominously, creating mountains of red bubbles. After she headed back into the water to rinse off.

She then went back ashore to grab her net and then headed back in to the water. She kicked some sand up with her feet and lay the net upon the ground, and waited patiently. At first the gold fish were cautious, but the little microscopic food particles were too much to resist. Once four of them were above the net, Amy pulled up fast. Two of the fish had managed to escape, but she stared proudly at her catch, wiggling franticly in the net. Finally she tied the net and headed ashore.

The wind blew and Amy shivered. She realized that the sun had gone down, and by the time she got back to the cave it would be dark. Amy quickly put on her clothes and grabbing her shoes in one hand, and the net filled fish in the other, she headed back into the forest. She stopped a few times to observe some pretty flowers and smell them. She observed her scenery as she walked slowly until it was to dark to see. Then she picked up the pace as she headed for the cave.



Sonic bolted upright. He wasn't sure what had awoken him, but he pushed off his dizziness as he looked around. It was getting dark, but it was darker in the cave then it was outside. The fire was nothing but glowing embers. Sonic stood up, the feeling that something wasn't right rushing through his veins.

The sound of claws hitting rock with a click echoed throughout the cave. A shiver went down Sonics spine as a fear Sonic never knew he could feel began to surface itself. "Amy?" Sonic ventured, though there was no doubt in his mind that this was indeed not the sound of Amy's familiar high heeled boots.

Suddenly an outline of a large wolf appeared in the dying light that hit the entrance of the cave. Sonic backed away as far as he could from the front entrance, which was hard to do since the fear inside him made it nearly impossible to move. It was huge, around four feet at the shoulder. Its jaws were larger and looked alot stronger then an average wolf's jaw. But what bothered Sonic the most was the amber eyes that locked with his.

The wolf thing looked curious at first, but as soon as it spotted Sonic its posture changed. It headed into the cave with a snarl, its fur disappearing in the black of the cave. The only way Sonic could see it was by its flashing amber eyes, that Sonic knew at this moment would burn in his memory for a very long time.

The wolf suddenly charged, and Sonic had no time to react as it crashed down upon him. But, because of the adrenaline in Sonics veins, he reacted quickly. Bringing his feet up, he kicked the large wolf off of him, and heard it yelp as it hit the ground with a thud. Sonic, taking no chances, got up as fast as he could and made a mad dash for the entrance. Sonic did not get very far, for the wolf had quickly retaliated and brought its jaws down on Sonics ankle before it left the ground.

Sonic let out a scream in pain, before using his other leg to kick the wolf in the nose. It yelped again and let go, and Sonic, using only one leg and both arms, tried to back away from the creature. Suddenly the amber eyes came for him and jumped atop of him. Sonic quickly placed his hands foreword, feeling the fangs of the wolf sink into his palms. They had landed next to the coals of the fire, and all Sonic could see was the ferocious look in the amber eyes, and the drool that landed on his chest and face, as it dripped from the shiny white blades in the creatures mouth, which caused a fear from the depths of Sonics soul that the hedgehog never knew was possible for him to feel.

This moment's hesitation however gave the wolf its advantage. It ripped its jaws away from Sonics hands, and Sonic let out a scream as he felt the fangs tear through his flesh as it ripped its face away. Then the wolf charged foreword and wrapped its jaws around Sonics neck. Its aiming was precise, right on the jugular. Not only that, but the strong jaws were crushing Sonics windpipe.

Sonic gasped, but it was no use. He couldn't breath, and he felt as though his soul was being drained as he felt the warm liquid from his neck bleed on to the cave floor. It was at this moment he knew he was going to die, and the image of his friends went through his head. It was also at this moment that he forgave Knuckles for what he had done, and wished he could have spent more time with some of his pals, like Amy and Tails.

He knew wishing was no use. He silently prayed that they would be all right as darkness began to close around his vision. The last image he saw were the amber eyes of the beast that had brought his demise, before he blacked out.



It was late, and Knuckles was surprised he had even thought about coming out. It was dark, and the stars were shimmering in the night sky. He jogged down the jungle path, his dreads flipping about behind him. Finally he reached the detective agency and was relieved to find the lights on in the windows. He stopped right before the door and leaned over with his hands on his knees, breathing heavily. After a couple of minutes he stood up and wiped the sweat of his brow with one hand, while knocking on the door with the other. There was shuffling behind the door and the sound of footfalls before the door swung open, revealing a very surprised purple chameleon.

"Knuckles! What ever brings you here at such a late hour?" Asked Espio, giving the echidna a searching look.

"We need your help!" Knuckles cried, almost desperately.

Espios eyes widened in surprise, he had never seen Knuckles in such a bad shape. The echidna looked on the verge of tears and seemed as though he had lost alot of sleep. Without hesitation Espio stepped aside. "Come in."

Knuckles walked into the detective agency, and Espio closed the door behind him. Charmy was sitting on the couch, and also seemed surprised to see Knuckles. The TV was on and popcorn was all over the floor, revealing what the two had been doing before Knuckles had interrupted.

"Sit down" Espio said, motioning toward the couch. Charmy moved over and picked up the remote as Knuckles sat down beside him. Charmy turned off the TV before turning toward the two.

"What's going on guys?" Charmy asked.

"Indeed... What is going on Knuckles?" Espio repeated.

"It's Sonic guys... He and Amy have gone missing..."

"What!?" Both members of the detective agency shouted in unison. The two locked eyes in concern, before turning back to Knuckles again.

"How is that possible?" Espio asked.

"It has something to do with a chaos emerald explosion... It caused chaos control, and transported them into a different demention! Me, Rouge, and Shadow have been searching for days and we haven't found any signs of them..." Knuckles lifted his eyes, and for the first time in years they were rimmed with tears. "I have a feeling time is running out!"

It was quiet in the room for a moment before Espio turned toward Charmy. "Well, what are we waiting for?"

Charmy gave Espio a cock-eyed expression. "Since when did you become leader?"

"Since when did you question leadership when it comes to the life of our friends!" Espio shouted, obviously enraged by the fact that Charmy was being naive. "This is Sonic we're talking about, Vector will understand..."

That's when Knuckles noticed the large crocodile was missing. "Where is that big brute anyway?" Knuckles asked.

"Out with Vanilla!" Charmy said in a singsong voice, while doing a feminine pose.

Espio let out a few mumbles about Charmys idiocy, before turning to Knuckles. "He is unavailable at the moment. We'll leave a message telling him where we are and what we're doing, and then we'll meet you outside."

Knuckles nodded his head and headed back outside. As he waited for the two to come out of the house Knuckles looked up at the moon. It was shining a light blue color and it made tears threaten Knuckles' eyes again, as he remembered how when he and Sonic were little they would sit and watch the moon on nights like this.

'We're gonna save you guys...' Knuckles thought, his gaze lowering to the ground. 'Just hang on, we're coming...'

"Ready?" Asked Espio.

Knuckles looked up and noticed the determined look on Espio and Charmys faces. Knuckles nodded.

"Then lets go!" Shouted Charmy, as he took off down the jungle path. Knuckles and Espio followed him.



Amy had heard Sonics screams of pain and broke off at a run. As soon as her eyes fell on the sight she dropped her belongings and let out a horrified scream. the Canininin had let go of Sonics throat, blood dripping off its jaw, to growl at her for hurting its ears.

Amy was enraged! Without thinking she grabbed the thorn she had kept and charged at the Canininin. The giant black creature jumped away from assault, and came around from behind to charge her. Amy turned and reacted quickly, her anger white and blinding. The creature had landed on top of her, like it had done with Sonic, but this time Amy shoved the thorn into its chest as it had jumped her.

The creature let out a yelp as the thorn cut through its flesh. It then crawled off of her. The Canininin knew that now that the stronger of the two was back, he would have to give up its assault. It would be back, for a predator such as himself would not give up so easily. It limped away, unaware that the poisonous thorn now etched in its skin was a fatal blow, and it would die in a matter of days.

Amy on the other hand had ran to Sonics side. She noticed the large puddle of blood on the floor, and Sonics profusely bleeding neck. Her heart pounded as she realized that the temperature of his skin had took an alarming drop. She placed her hands on his shoulders and shook him gently.

"Sonic? Wake up!" She cried. When Sonic didn't respond she prayed that she had not come too late. Tears she didn't know she was crying fell on to the hedgehog below her as she tried again. Again no response.

"Oh god Sonic! Please wake up!" She cried desperately through sobs. When she got no response again she finally broke down, sobbing into her hands in defeat.

"I'm sorry Sonic! I never meant for you to get hurt! Please! I love you! You can't leave me here!" She cried, though she knew it was no use. He was gone.

The sound of Amy's distressed voice willed him to open his eyes. Though what she had said sounded as though the words had been blended together, he still forced his eyes to open a sliver. His vision blurred, and he blinked rapidly until it cleared. Amy was sitting above him. She looked a little bruised with a few scratches hear and there, but was otherwise fine, except for the fact that she was sobbing.

"Oh Sonikku! It's a miracle!" Amy cried, tears flowing down her face. She pulled him up to her, laying him across her lap. She kissed his forehead a couple times, ignoring the fact he was still bleeding.

But she couldn't ignore it for long. Sonic coughed, and with it came blood. It rolled down the side of his face, and Amy used her thumb to wipe it off. She was alarmed at how weak and limp he was. He was pale and looked sicklier. His neck was still bleeding, and she knew that if she did not find a way to stop it he would be dead in a matter of minutes.

Amy looked around franticly, praying to spot anything. Nothing came to her mind, and a fear spread through out her body.

"Amy?" Sonic asked and the calm sound of his voice made her turn to him.

"I'm sorry Ames... But I think I won't be here for much longer..."

Amy was immediately alarmed. "Don't talk like that! You're going to be all right!"

"Take care of yourself..." Sonic continued as though he hadn't heard her. His vision was turning black again.

"Stop it!" Amy looked around the room franticly again, and this time her eyes fell on her boot filled with slugs. That's when her subconscious mind kicked in, and she remembered that after being bitten she would never bleed. She prayed to god that her idea would work.

She lay Sonic on the ground carefully before running over and grabbing a couple slugs. She applied them to the deep gash in his neck, and they latched on to feed. Amy then turned to Sonic again. "You're going to be okay Sonic!"

"Amy... I just want you to know that... I... Love... You..." Sonic whispered, before his eyes closed and he blacked out again.

Amy's world stopped. If only she could find the joy in that statement, but with Sonic so close to the edge of death Amy felt as though her heart broke in thousands of tiny pieces. She was horrified that all she could rely on was the slimy green slugs that she wasn't even sure would stop the bleeding. Everything seemed to slow down like molasses. When the first slug dropped from Sonics neck, and the wound did not bleed, Amy let out a shout of joy. Her relief was so great that she felt like getting up and dancing, and her thankfulness to the slug made her want to kiss it. Tears ran freely down her face as she cried out of sheer joy.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She cried to the sky, before turning to Sonic again. His statement came back to her, and a sense of hope filled her being. She kissed Sonics forehead and caressed the side of his face, tears falling down her cheeks anew.



It was morning, and Shadow, Rouge, Knuckles, Espio, Charmy, and Vector all stood in a line as Tails walked back and forth in front of them. Vanilla and Cream watched from a distance as Tails evaluated the group.

"You have all double-checked your bags for all the supplies that will or may be needed?" Tails asked, looking sternly at the search party. After the search party members all nodded Tails continued. "Good... You'll divide into three teams for safety reasons..." he said, handing Espio and Knuckles the chaos amplifier.

"Rouge, you're with Knuckles..." Tails ordered.

Rouge smiled and gave Knuckles a wink. Knuckles blushed as a result before smiling back.

"... Espio, you're with Charmy..."

Espio let out a sigh and Charmy flew around in little circles around Espios head, talking so fast that one could not understand a word he was saying.

"And Shadow, you're with Vector."

Shadow and Vector just looked at each other and nodded. Though Vector was still fuming about Espio and Charmy for not waiting for him, he had still agreed to help.

Tails smiled at the search party he had created. He had never seen these people cooperating before, and he started to wonder if Sonics and Amy's disappearance was more of a blessing then an omen.

"All right... Get going, we don't have enough day light hours as it is" Tails ordered, before heading toward his laptop. Vanilla and Cream watched in interest from behind his shoulder as he sat behind it and placed the communication link in his ear and gave a thumbs up.

Shadow nodded before raising the chaos emerald high in the air. Knuckles and Espio copied his action. Vector grabbed on to Shadows shoulder while Charmy landed on Espios head. Rouge grabbed Knuckles' arm and bumped her hip against his, making a slight blush develop on the echidnas cheeks, though he seemed unfazed by it.

"CHAOS CONTROL!" Shouted Shadow, Knuckles, and Espio in unison. The blue chaos emerald glowed, and at the same time the chaos amplifiers did the same. The next moment the search team was going through a blinding white tunnel. It felt as though it squeezed the body until breathing seemed impossible, and then the ground suddenly hit ones feet.

Shadow looked around, and realized every one else was on the ground, still recovering from the chaos control. It even still shook up Rouge and Knuckles. Once the group recovered, they stood up.

"Me and Vector will go this way..." Shadow said, pointing, then he pointed in a different direction and ordered, "Knuckles? You and Rouge go that way..."

The two treasure hunters nodded. Then Shadow turned to Espio and opened his mouth and pointed in a different direction, but Espio beat him to it. "Me and Charmy'll go this way..."

The search party all agreed before separating. Charmy, who was used to flying through thick brush since he lived in the Mystic Ruins, flew past the canopy trees and into the fresh air. He looked around in the air, while Espio walked on the earth. After an hour of flying in the ever-increasing sunlight, Charmy flew back down to the ground and landed on Espios head. After Charmy rested for a while, he took flight again and took the lead.

Espio had been silent the whole time. His eyes on the ground, for Espio was an expert tracker and was not in the detective agency for nothing. Even when he tripped and fell into some thorny bushes, which made Charmy laugh his head off, he still remained silent. It was mid day now, and Charmy had been complaining about being hungry when he realized he couldn't hear Espios foot falls from behind him anymore.

Charmy turned back and noticed the chameleon was kneeled down and looking at some dirt. Charmy flew back over with a questioning look on his face.

"What is it Espio?" Asked Charmy, as he flew over to see what his comrade was looking at.

"Look" Espio said while pointing. Charmy looked and, though it was hard to distinguish, he knew what it was immediately.

"Guys! Guys! Espios found something!" Shouted Charmy into the communication link in excitement. Espio smiled at the over excited insect.

"What!? What is it!?" Voiced Knuckles, Shadow, Rouge, and Tails in unison. They all sounded alarmed but at the same time hopeful.

"Footprints!"
Sign up to rate and review this story