Categories > Books > Harry Potter

A Year To Remember

by lat134 0 reviews

In their final year at Hogwarts,Voldemort takes a more active turn in the war, and our dear Marauders and Lily and her friends seem to be in the middle of it all. Maybe it isn't such a good thing t...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: James,Lily,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2008-12-29 - Updated: 2008-12-29 - 1016 words

0Unrated


Chapter 1

~ Old Enemies, New Neighbours ~

Lily only had one more year left at Hogwarts, and to say that she was sad about it would be underestimated. Sure she would miss going to Hogsmeade, the visits to Hagrid's hut and the castle itself, but this year was different from the previous six. She was, and is, an orphan. Just before her seventeenth birthday, her mother died on Easter Sunday. Two days before receiving her letter from Hogwarts confirming her status as head girl, her father died. Of course, nothing could get better, seeing as the person she despised most was Head Boy. No one in their right mind would /dare /to make James /Bloody /Potter a Head Boy. She honestly wondered what on earth had been going through her headmasters mind at the time. But then again, her Professor Dumbledore never seemed to have a /normal /thought going through his head; he was great, but a bit barmy at times.



Right now, Lily was sitting in a small room with Petunia and her whale-like boyfriend Vernon, listening to the reading of their father's will. It seemed that the entire Evans fortune was split 50-50 between the two girls. Needless to say, Petunia was very angry. She expected being the eldest that she would get more than her sister. The only thing that calmed her down was an on-the-spot proposal from her boyfriend. Lily was rather confused why he chose that particular moment to do it, but, talking with Vernon later, they both agreed that it/ /did at least shut her up for a while.



After two hours, many more outbursts (Petunia)and tears (Lily), and boredness (Vernon) the two siblings found themselves going their separate ways. Lily first apparated to a muggle supermarket to buy some bread and milk, she paid and then walked out the door. She began looking for a secluded spot to apparate back home. Eventually she found one behind avery large, smelly bin. Holding her nose, she spun on the spot and disapparated to her front door. Walking to her kitchen, she began thinking about lunch. Deciding that sandwiches would be easiest, she set about making some. Carrying a plate to her room, she sat down on her beg, grabbed one and began eating.



Only minutes later, she began getting afeeling she was being watched. So, putting her sandwich down, she turned around and walked towards the window and looked out. To her absolute horror, staring up at her, from the windows on the house next door, were the most annoying people she had ever laid eyes on; Sirius Black, Remus Lupin and the super annoying James Potter. Gasping, she rushed to the side, so they couldn't see her, and then cautiously looked back out, /yep, it's them alright/, she thought to herself, and she promptly shut the window and curtains shut, blocking the view both in and out of the window.



Lily sat down at her desk and pulled out a new piece pf parchment, her quill and ink and began writing to her headmaster. By making Potter the Head Boy, he must surely want her life to become a living hell, and she wasn't going to go through with her life in shatters. Particularly after all he ever did to her, NO, it just isn't right. We just don't go together; it was like trying to get a dragon to not be fire and to not eat the neighbours. Nuh-uh, not happening, she thought to herself, before adding it to the letter she began to write.



&&&



James, Sirius and Remus looked out the window, gaping at the red-haired girl that was their new neighbour. They'd only just moved back into this particular Potter house and they'd already found a hot muggle girl, so hopefully James could get over the fact that Lily would never go out with him. But then suddenly the redhead came closer to the window and opened it up. There was no mistake about it! Being only ten metres away, the trio cold easily tell that this was no muggle neighbour, this was Lily Evans! The only one they knew that had a temper that matched her hair, and her eyes - well, they were just the most beautiful things had ever seen.

"Blimey mate, you don't reckon -?" asked Sirius, a little /too /nervously for him.

"Yeah I reckon it was her. See? There she is again,"James answered, just as nervously as his best mate - after all, it's not everyday that you find out that you have moved next door to someone you really like. (Even if they don't like you back)

"Hey Prongs, maybe you'll have a bit more luck over the next few days," Sirius added with a bit of a grin on his face. Just as Lily slammed her window shut.

Remus scoffed, "Yeah right Padfoot, three days to woo a girl that's turned him down for the past six years." James laughed, but then said gravely.

"I have to agree with Moony there Paddy,"Sirius frowned. "But that won't stop me!"

"Are you two hungry?" Remus asked, James and Sirius nodded, "Good, 'cause I want some chocolate, NOW!"

James and Sirius stared at each other and laughed, before catching Remus' evil look. Sharing their own evil looks, they put their Marauding minds into action.



&&&



Lily dipped her quill back in the ink bottle one last time before she called down her sleeping owl, Socks, and tied the letter to his leg before sending him off through that unfortunate window. Slumping back down on the chair, she turned on the radio and began munching on one of the sandwiches in time to the music. After finishing her pile of sandwiches, she decided that she was /very /tired, so she was soon asleep on the bed, with no hope of awakening any time soon.



Only moments afterwards, a boy of seventeen squeezed through her still open window; he took one look at Lily and cast a quick sleeping charm at the poor girl. It at least granted him thirty minutes in the house.
Sign up to rate and review this story