Categories > Anime/Manga > Death Note > Death Note: A New Era

Death Note: A New Era

by Shank 0 reviews

After the defeat of L, Light has a new foe...a convicted murderer.

Category: Death Note - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Horror - Characters: Misa,Yagami Raito,Yagami Soichiro - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2008-12-14 - Updated: 2008-12-14 - 1483 words - Complete

0Unrated
Yagami Light had successfully defeated L, without leaving any kind of evidence behind. The only one that truly knew of the feat that Light had accomplished was Ryuk who was so pleased at how much entertainment this mortal had been able to give him. Ryuk thought about if Light had any intentions of getting rid of him, just as he had already been able to stay a step ahead of a Shinigami whom he had taken advantage of. But there was no chance of this, as he felt nothing for nobody-all he cared about was fun and apples and wondered as to where Light’s quest to be a God would take him now that his number one enemy had been taken care of. There was nothing left to stand in his way as he took on the title of L in his supposed mission to capture Kira-he was getting closer and closer to truly being the God of the new world.

It was a regular morning and the Kira Investigation Unit were in the office sitting quietly. Light, his father Soichiro and Aizawa were there early going over a few things and making small talk before they looked more deeply into how they would catch Kira. There was a knock at the door and Matsuda came bursting through, “Have you seen it yet?”
“Seen what Matsuda?” asked Soichiro seeing how worked up his partner was.
“The video that has leaked out all over the web. Someone has publicly threatened Kira.” Everyone was shocked that someone had been brave enough to do it. Light had to suppress a laugh inside him wondering who would be foolish enough to do such a thing. “Can you find it for us please Matsuda?” Light asked casually and followed him over to the computer very interested with what he would see.

Matsuda clicked on a few buttons and bought up the video sharing website. “It seems that the video was sent by emails first, going around so quickly that it would be impossible to track who the original sender was then many people have uploaded it onto their page.” Light looked at the pages-indeed many people had the video entitled, ‘Death of Kira’, when they opened up one of them it showed that millions of people had logged on to watch it and he was surprised with the amount of ratings the video got. It seemed that it was one of the highest rated videos on the web and it seemed there were still people out there that believed he was a murderer rather than a saviour. Despite his surprise as to how many still stood against him, he wasn’t surprised by how many people had commented the video. So many people had watched and rated, but nobody had written a comment, not even to defend him. It seemed people may still be against him but were willing to bow down to him to have their lives spared.

Light was ok with this. Soon enough he knew everyone would come to him for mercy and for repentance as their God and were not equal to him. Light stood against justice and those that didn’t agree with him were evil and should burn in hell. Light forgot this though as the video was loading up and the image of this guy scared every single one of them a little.

It was filmed in a dark room. Definitely a male, but he wasn’t showing his face-he was wearing a very scary mask. It was made of leather and looked like it was worn by a serial killer in a horror movie. The mask itself had deep scratch marks on the face and Light had to try and look passed the mask for a second into the eyes of this guy. It was the eyes that got to him the worst, they were deep and disturbed. This guy was crazy-he showed the image of a man that had everything go wrong in his life and therefore had nothing to lose. As much as the mask was a little off-putting, Light wondered as to how this amateur actually thought that this mask would scare Kira. If he thought that by using this mask he became a symbol of hope-he was wrong. He had only separated himself from every single person on the planet and even if it was a noble deed he was already a deviant. “Kira. You act according to your own judgement as if you were a God. You are not a God, you are scum and it is scum like you that should be murdered. I will be the one to murder you Kira.”

Light’s hand was in his pocket and he clenched it tightly at these words. Just like L thought he was brave being smart to masses of people, this guy was doing the same and would surely pay the price for it. He continued to watch this guy talk, “A real God is merciful and punishes those that deserve punishment. But you were so caught up in killing that you forgot to take responsibility that your power brings to you.” This was a clue; it was his motive for coming to get him. Light knew he must have killed someone close to this person for this guy to be doing this and saying such things. “Rest assured Kira, I will soon walk out of the gates of Hell and judgement to the land of the free where vengeance will flow.” The video ended and everybody looked around at each other, “So he is Japanese?” said Aizawa.
“Just like Kira,” said Matsuda.
“Yes he is definitely from Japan,” said Light looking out the window.
“It raises a funny question doesn’t it?” said Matsuda.
“What does?” asked Soichiro.
“Well if this person found Kira and killed him, would he be in the wrong? Would we be obliged to find him and arrest him for the murder of Kira?”
“We should take it one step at a time,” said Light. There was no need to be worried. He had just beaten L, the greatest detective the world had ever known. This person wouldn’t be a lightweight and he considered that the video may have been someone trying to get fame and not really coming for him. It may have been some religious conservatist trying to rally people against Kira, which still meant if Light found out who it was-he would kill him for such an act.



In Tokyo, there was a prison, which the residents were continually depleting. There were still plenty of people who knew it was only a matter of time before Kira finished them off. The cells were always noisy with those anxious-except for one cell. There was one cell where a prisoner sat quietly on the end of his bad looking down at the floor and thinking things over. His cell mate was on one of the beds staring at the ceiling, “So it all goes down tomorrow huh?”
“Yes-tomorrow the age of justice shall set its course.”
“Do you not care how many people you take down to get to Kira?”
“Of course I care, but I will not sacrifice anybody that is not deserving of it. I am not a cold blooded criminal.”
“Truly spoken by someone sitting in this cell with me.”
“Don’t you get me started, you are only going to be breathing fresh air from all of my planning.”
“You are only going to be breathing fresh air from all of my connections.” A guard was walking passed and although he hadn’t heard what they were saying he was a little suspicious they weren’t as rowdy as the rest of them. He looked in at them both. The prisoners looked up and stared at the guard. The guard smiled and reached into his back pocket, pulling out a small metal object and chucking it at the one on the end of the bed. It hit him straight in the head and it drew blood immediately. The prisoner looked back at the guard, “You think you are tough from out there don’t you?” The guard turned around and came to the entrance of the cell. He opened the cell and walked straight in and the prisoner didn’t move his gaze away. The guard began laying punches into him and the prisoner could do nothing but take them on the chin, “Your life is in my hands while you are in here boy. Don’t forget that.” Soon enough the guard got sick of hitting the inmate and walked out. The prisoner sat up with a gaping wound in his head. He reached into his shirt and pulled out a leather mask to wipe up the blood off his face-tomorrow was indeed the day that justice will set its course.
Sign up to rate and review this story