Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Lasting Impressions

Old News

by killxsmile 2 reviews

Wait, what?!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Published: 2008-12-31 - Updated: 2008-12-31 - 843 words - Complete

2Insightful
Author's Note: Happy new years to all!

Once again, I'd like to thank let_it_go andxoconverse for their reviews. Not onto chapter three...

Old news.

“Well the usual doesn’t apply to me. I’d rather get laid than get married,” I honestly replied. ‘And we both know all about that,’ I silently thought to myself.

Might as well get this out in the open now.
Once upon a time, Alex and I slept together.

I’m guessing that you’re just brimming with questions, so I’ll take this moment to hit the pause button and rewind.

After one of ATL’s late night practices in my parents’ basement, I wandered downstairs for a drink. My boyfriend of 3 months had just broken up with me and I was in desperate need of chemical comfort. Jack, Rian and Zack were all passed out on the couches, empty plastic cups at their feet and in their hands.

“What brings Jack junior down here this evening?” Alex slurred. Under regular circumstances, I would have formulated a witty comeback, but that night I was too depressed and angry to comment on the stupid nickname he’d given me.
“Jaegermiester therapy,” I replied, pouring myself a drink. After filling my cup to the brim, I silently thanked God that my parents were away for the weekend.
“Take a seat and tell Dr. Gaskarth about your problems,” he said, patting the empty space next to him. With a sigh, I downed half my drink before making my way to the couch.
“Long story short, my asshole boyfriend broke up with me for another girl.”
“That really sucks. He sounds like a fucking asshole.”

I spent about an hour bitching about my ex, all the while keeping my cup filled. Alex kept up his side of the conversation, and due to the constant flow of alcohol, I didn’t mind when he started flirting with me.

With every drink he got cuter. With every drink I got hornier.

I don’t know how we managed to get upstairs to my bedroom, but we did. Stripped of inhibitions, clothes and common sense, I found myself underneath him. The rest was all a blur of sweat and skin.

The next morning, I woke up with a bladder full of alcohol and a massive headache.

There I was lying in bed with Alex. Both of us naked. Both of us freaking out because:
A) we didn’t use protection
B) my brother was downstairs
C) MY BROTHER WAS DOWNSTAIRS

I put on my clothes as quickly as I could and told Alex to get dressed. Since we both valued our lives, we swore to keep that night a secret. Forget that it ever happened.

He quietly snuck out my window before Jack woke up, and to this day neither of us have talked about it.

They say you should learn from your mistakes.

1 boy + 1 girl + teenage hormones = “love”.
Another possibility is that 1 boy + 1 girl + teenage hormones = HUGE MISTAKE.

A baby. A Vegas wedding. An obsession. A fairy tale. A locker room joke. An elaborate lie. An instance of temporary insanity. A crappy movie. A well written book. A ranting blog entry. A pretty song. A juicy piece of gossip.

All of these are equally valid answers to the same equation.

1 boy + 1 girl + teenage hormones = __________.

After all was said and done, I learned that I should have paid attention in math class instead of passing notes to Shannon McFarland.

Thankfully, I wasn’t pregnant. God only knows what would have happened if I had been.
Before my night with Alex, I’d always been a firm pro-life supporter. But after being faced with the possibility of having an unplanned baby, I didn’t know what to think. To this day, I can still clearly remember how terrified I felt while waiting for the pregnancy test results.

I could go on an on about the guilt, fear, and shame for a few more paragraphs, but I think you get the gist of it. So now that you’ve been filled in, it’s time to hit fast forward and get back to the present.

“Well the usual doesn’t apply to me. I’d rather get laid than get married.” As usual, the words left my lips before my brain had fully processed them. To Jack, Rian, and Zack, I’d sound like a whore. At the same time, I’d be reminding myself and Alex of our youthful stupidity.

His lips formed a smirk, but when our eyes met, his expression quickly changed. Averted gaze and a bitten lip. There it went. The elephant in the room took off its invisibility cloak, making the room seem much smaller than it was.

Oblivious to the tension that had arisen, Jack handed him the controller. And just like that, everything was back to normal. Just like it had never happened.

Only it did.

+++++
Rate, Review, or AIM me @ disast3rous if you'd like an update.
It'll only take a moment of your time.
Sign up to rate and review this story