Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Of Wolves And Roses

Chapter Thirteen: Alone With My Thoughts

by siyo 0 reviews

Senra thinks on his life and his situation, and of course, about Yahiko. (Note: I reveal why Itachi killed his clan.)

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Itachi - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2009-01-03 - Updated: 2009-01-03 - 1939 words

0Unrated
Of Wolves and Roses

Chapter 13: Alone With My Thoughts.

Senra walked softly along the side of the lake, with his left arm in a sling. His teammates, Taki and Yahiko were in the hospital. Yahiko had lessons and Taki tore every muscle in his arms throwing the tree. Senra had a good number of cuts, two cracked ribs, some where around fifty bruises, after thirty eight the doctor saw no need in counting further, and a hairline fracture through his left arm from his shoulder to his wrist. They had healed the fracture to near perfect condition but they still wanted Senra to rest his arm. So that left him here, at his late, older sister’s favorite training spot. He looked slowly across the water of the lake which was, at the moment, painted in a beautiful assortment of yellows, golds, oranges and reds from the rising sun.

Senra picked up a flat rock and skipped it across the lake’s golden surface. He watched it bounce about five times before it sunk piteously to the bottom of the lake. With a small sigh Senra walked a few feet up the pebble beach of the lake and sat on a fallen log, just inside of the grassy area. Senra smiled despite himself and his situation. He remembered every time he had trained with his sister here and all the times he had trained with Itachi. He missed them both.

He had been told, like everyone else, that Itachi went insane and killed his whole clan and ran off. Senra had always doubted the truth of this statement; he reasoned that insane people didn’t spare their little brothers. And know thanks to the Dragon’s Eyes he knew exactly why Itachi had done the despicable things he had done. It was all the work of Konoha’s elders. Senra scowled at the thought. The elders had become corrupt and sick, poisoning Konoha with their disgusting, venomous lies. If Senra were stronger he would take it upon himself to remedy this corruption of the village’s elders. But he knew he would only make it past a small number of the guards before he would be cut down and even if he could make it past all the guards there was Saratobi. He would protect the village’s elders without a second thought. Senra frowned at that thought, such a great man willing to die for such scum bags. What was this world coming to?

And then there was Yahiko. Ah, sweet Yahiko… Senra knew she loved him, he had known for a long time. In simple fact Senra also had Loved Yahiko for almost as long a time. He had watched her for the longest time, she had always surprised Senra with the strength she somehow managed to pull up. But she wasn’t just strong she was also smart as well. ‘Perhaps this is the perfect woman. Strong, smart, and beautiful. Not to mention her cooking,’ he would think to himself as he watched her, whether she was answering a question or showing her skills on a test.

But the tragedies of life were not meant to pass Senra or Yahiko by. Senra could never openly love Yahiko, he had a duty to fulfill, and at the end of this duty survival was not a likely out come. And Yahiko could never know that Senra loved her. This knowledge would destroy her. The plain and simple facts were that if she followed Senra, they’d both be leaping into their graves.

Senra sighed and shook his head as he stood and began a slow walk through the woods. As he ducked the foliage and low tree limbs he let his mind wander back to Yahiko. She was, by all accounts, a beautiful young woman. Her green eyes that just seemed to melt away any pain or worries Senra might have had a moment before. Her smile, her quiet grace, the way her long brown hair swished ever so softly when she walked, they way she always had a slight tan, no matter the season, they had all lead to Senra falling for her. But Senra was doomed to the idiosyncrasy and redundancy of simple exchanges and small conversations. Looking, but never touching, as it were. And that was fine with Senra. He knew he could survive so long as he got to see her smile. But he longed for more. Perhaps if he wasn’t cursed to the life he knew lay before him if he were a touch closer to normal, that longing wouldn’t be wrong. Maybe it would even be answerable. But as it stood now Senra could never be with her. Sanshimora had seen to that. But there were other hands that guided Senra’s fate. And they would also need to be out of the picture before a happy, rose colored life with Yahiko could ever be possible.

‘If I make it that far…’ Senra reminded himself softly. He was always glad that whenever he had a moment like this, Rage stayed out of it. Rage hated things like this any way.

Then, of course, there was the matter of Senra’s adopted little sister being Kato’s girlfriend. Senra wondered whether he should condone the relationship between them or threaten to break Kato’s neck if he breaks her heart. It seemed the later was the brotherly thing to do, but the former appealed to his friendship with Kato. Maybe he could get Shenyo’s help on the matter. Senra had his own relationship issues, and he really didn’t have a relation with Yahiko, but he knew that she wouldn’t accept any invitation from other guys. She had found the one she wanted, and damned if fate would stop her. Unfortunately, Senra possessed the power to, but not the will. It made him sick to think of hurting Yahiko’s feelings.

He was so far into his own thoughts he almost missed the branch that suddenly protruded around the corner, nearly catching Senra in the temple. Senra ducked the branch and sighed as he finally struck upon the cause for Senra's little outing. There was the matter of what to do with Sanshimora. Killing him would be more of a service to Konoha than a crime against any individual. But he knew they wouldn’t see it that way. Senra wasn’t really sure how wide the gap was between him and Sanshimora but he knew he wasn’t strong enough.

Senra pushed his way through a five foot tall bush and stepped into the circular clearing on the other side. He stepped to the middle and focused his chakra on the floor below him, opening the trap door. Senra landed and walked forward, to a large metal door at the end of the hallway, the only sounds were the light tapping noise of Senra's feet on the ground, the grinding noise of the trap door closing and Senra's own breathing. He noticed almost immediately that the place was exactly as he left it. This made sense seeing as how he never told any one about his hiding place. Senra entered a code on the number pad on the left of the door. The pad beeped three times in confirmation and the steel door popped open, leaving Senra to open the door the rest of the way.

With the noise from the door slamming behind him, Senra walked into the underground room that had been his sister’s favorite place. Senra opened the fridge and grabbed a drink as he walked across the room, past the cabinets filled with weapons, to the computers. He sat at one of them and logged on. He waited a moment as the computer finished booting up before he ran one of his sister’s old programs. A program she had taught him to use. A hacking program.

Only a few of the sections of the Hokage’s office had a computer but he was trying to update the way things were cataloged in the Hokage’s library, to bring them into the new age. Senra put a toothpick in his mouth as he soared through hours of code and firewalls. Senra sighed as he looked for the leech he’d placed on the firewall’s code. The leech was designed to weaken only a certain part of the firewall and allow only a certain person through. A person with the right code. The code itself made the hack untraceable since it was a code the likes of which no one had ever seen. It wasn’t any language that could easily be recognized like English or Japanese, no, this was an Eternity Code. A code created completely by the hacker, a code that, by all rights and by definition, should take an eternity to crack, but Senra was lazy and had based it off of the English language. So if the code breaking team ever made that connection, Senra would be up to his eyes in kunai.

Senra found the piece of diseased code he’d been looking for. With a few taps of the keyboard he was into the Anbu Black Ops mission logs. He looked carefully through a few of the older missions and sighed. He’d found what he was looking for. But it wasn’t pretty. Itachi’s last mission was just as he’d seen with his Dragon’s Eyes. Kill the Uchiha clan, use EXTREME prejudice. Senra swallowed. As he backed out of the code and thought about terminating his bug, but figured he might need to return, so he left it there as he logged out of his computer and turned it off.

Senra’s face was grim, his jaw set, as he pricked his thumb and slid the thumb across his left palm. [Boar, Dog, Rooster, Monkey, Sheep] “Kuchiyose! Summoning no Jutsu!” Senra called out, filling the room with an echo as he pushed his left hand to the floor, and summoned his contracted beast.

A plume of smoke rose from below his palm as a wolf rose and stretched from its laying position. The wolf blinked, as though it was surprised to see who had summoned it. “Senra? Man you haven’t called me in over five years. How have you been?”

Senra shrugged. “Can’t complain.” He replied before sitting eye level with his summon. “I have a favor to ask of you. I want you to find Itachi. I have a message scroll for you to give him. It contains a time, date and location for me and him to meet. We need to talk.”

The wolf sat still as Senra slid a crimson scroll into the pouch that hung from a leather strap on the right side of the wolf’s neck. “On one condition.” The wolf replied as it licked Senra’s hand.

“Oh? And what is that, Hayato?” Senra asked as he patted the wolf’s head gently.

“Let me fight beside you in the chunin exams.” The wolf replied as it padded softly towards the door.

Senra nodded and agreed to the terms of the deal as he hit the open button on the number pad inside of the door. He flicked off the lights as he let the door slam closed behind him, seeming for the entire world like punctuation to Senra’s day. ‘Maybe I’ll go pay Taki a visit in the hospital…’ Senra thought as Hayato bounded off through the woods.

/End/

Authors Notes: Don’t expect more than two more chapters like this.
Sign up to rate and review this story