Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Her Best Therapy

Chapter Ten

by highoxer15feet 2 reviews

What would you do in six months?

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-01-06 - Updated: 2009-01-06 - 1325 words

0Unrated
Carson sighed and sat down, staring at the clock. She hated the way you had no idea how much of a minute had passed on a digital clock. And she really didn’t like the angry glare of the red numbers. She held her head carefully in her hands.

“Miss Rose?” She looked up suddenly, meeting the eyes of one of her students. “Are you okay?” The girl was biting her lip nervously, as if she was afraid Carson was going to drop dead at any second.

“I’m just a bit tired,” Carson tried to smile reassuringly.

“Is it true that you’re leaving next month?” She blurted out suddenly.

“Why do you ask that Annie?” Carson asked, trying desperately to suppress a yawn.

“The principal told us that when you were gone last week.” Annie admitted shyly. “We’re going to miss you. A lot. Are you going to come visit us?”

“I don’t know, if I have the time… I’m going to be traveling a lot,” Carson lied smoothly.

The young girls face fell, “Oh. Well, you’re not leaving for a few more weeks right?”

“The first full week of November is my last week,” She replied sadly. “I’m going to miss you all too.” The girl turned away, and Carson took the moment to wipe away the tears that were welling up in her eyes. The bell finally rang, leaving her alone in the classroom.

She took a few deep breaths, before starting to pack up for the day. She heard the door open, and she looked up, smiling through her tears.

“Car, what’s wrong?” Pete wrapped his arms around her, and she relaxed into his chest.

“My kids were just asking about me leaving and it just… It hurt to have to lie to them,” Carson muttered, leaning into the embrace further. “It’s going to be so hard to leave them.”

“You could stay a bit longer,” He suggested gently.

She pulled away, quickly wiping away the tears again, “No, I can’t do that. I can’t draw it out any longer. It’ll just hurt more.” She turned to pick up her bag, but found that Pete had already picked it up. “Let’s just go home. Was there anything else you wanted to do?”

“I thought we could go for a walk in the park later, maybe after dinner?” He looked hopeful, and Carson smiled.

“That sounds great,” She climbed into the car, leaning against the window. “Where are we going to eat?”

“I’m not sure, some place Gabby picked out. It’s going to be a group of us, Gabby, Brandon, Caden and Caleb.” Pete drove steadily, glancing at Carson’s reaction.

“We’re stopping at home right?” She asked suddenly. “I’m totally gross from cooking all day.”

“You look beautiful,” He looked at her honestly.

“Stop feeding my ego,” She laughed. “My head might get too big.”

“Your head’s fine,” Pete brushed off her comment. “How are Ryan and Brendon?

“Fine, last time I checked, they decided to stay holed up until all the built up sexual energy was released,” Carson explained.

He chuckled, “And here I was thinking that they weren’t horny teenagers anymore.”

“Have you met Brendon?” She grinned. “He has the energy of a six year old. And even though I haven’t known Ryan for long, when he’s around Brendon he seems to get that way too.”

“At least the press hasn’t found out yet,” Pete pulled the car over near Carson’s favorite park. They climbed out of the car, meeting back on the sidewalk.

“That’ll be fun for you huh?” Carson pushed him softly.

He caught her hand in his and kissed it softly, “As long as you think so.”

“So you’ll let me send people a picture of them in bed together just for my own amusement?” She raised her eyebrows.

“Well…” He looked skeptical. “If it would really make you happy to see me stumble over that fiasco.”

She stopped, turning to him, “I wouldn’t want you to suffer like that.”

“Thank you,” He joked. He pulled her closer, “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Carson smiled.

“And I hope you know that I don’t just tell you that because you have cancer,” Pete continued.

“It never even crossed my mind,” She confessed. “Though now that you mention it…”

“C’mon, I’m trying to be serious here,” He exclaimed.

She scrunched up her nose, looking down sheepishly, “Sorry, continue your serious speech.”

“I really love you, and I’m just trying to make sure you know that the things that I do aren’t because you might not be here in five months and I won’t have to deal with you,” Pete told her earnestly. “I love you, in the kind of way that I stopped believing in years ago.” He licked his lips nervously; “I want to spend as much time with you as I possibly can. I want to live with you, and I want to wake up next to you, and I want to hear your songs.”

“Pete?” Carson looked up at him, confused at where this was going.

He pulled out a velvet box and sank down to one knee, “I know this is sudden, and I know it’s the second time you’ve been proposed to in your life, but I have to admit I hope it’s the last. Carson Marie Rose, will you marry me?”

She stood there, looking down at him, eyes wide. “Oh my god.”

“Car, if you’re going to turn me down, please do it before People shows up.” He looked around nervously.

“Yes!” Carson pulled him up and hugged him tightly. “I’ll marry you.”

“I guess that’s good,” Pete murmured as he leaned down to kiss her. “The ring’s nonrefundable.” He took it out of its box and slipped it onto her left hand. “We’re gonna be late for dinner.”

She groaned, “We’re not still going are we?”

“Of course,” He informed her as they got back into his car. “They’ll all want to know that you said yes.”

“Of course I was the last to know of this,” She rolled her eyes.

“That’s usually how proposals work,” He reminded her. “The person being proposed to is not supposed to know.”

“Shut up, so will there be anyone there who doesn’t have preexistent knowledge?”

Pete thought for a moment, “Brandon, Brendon and Ryan.”

“You invited those two?” Carson looked surprised.

He shrugged, “Gabby suggested it.”

“I cannot believe you told Caden and you’re still alive.” Carson smirked.

“It was a close call,” Pete admitted. “But Cal was on my side.”

“I told you he was awesome,” Carson joked. They pulled up to the restaurant and she bit her lip, “Do you think they’ll be happy?”

“I think they’ll be happy as long as you’re happy,” Pete said slowly.

“Brendon and Ryan don’t know yet.” She looked straight ahead, unblinking.

“Don’t tell them tonight, tonight will be happy. They’ll be cake,” He tried to lighten the mood.

“And I love cake,” Carson smiled.
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
A/N- I don't know if anyone still cares about this story, but I hope so. I'm so sorry this took so long, but for now on, I will update every Tuesday, no matter what. The only exception will be if I'm traveling, but I will warn you before hand. So if anyone is still reading, please review.
Sign up to rate and review this story