Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Chemical Romance

The Present

by doyleangel 0 reviews

What is Mikey giving Liz for their anniversary?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2009-01-08 - Updated: 2009-01-08 - 804 words - Complete

1Exciting
Liz looked at herself one more time in the mirror, satisfied with what she saw. Mikey still hadn’t told her where he was taking her, but had told her to dress nice. She chose her deep rich red gypsy skirt and a simple black off the shoulder shirt. She had straightened her hair and wore the ruby necklace and earrings that Mikey had given her for their last anniversary.
She was just slipping on her peep toed sandals when Mikey walked into the room dressed in black slacks and a dark blue dress shirt. She walked over to him and gave him a quick kiss on the lips.
“You look very handsome tonight.”
He smiled at her. “Not nearly as good as you do. You look amazing baby.”
“Thank you. Now, will you tell me where we’re going?”
He just shook his head. “Nope, but don’t worry, you’ll find out soon enough. Are you ready to go?”
She looked around the room and spotted her purse lying on the bed. She picked it up and walked back over to Mikey. “Now I’m ready.”
They walked down the stairs and to the garage, where Mikey held the car door open for her. He walked around and got in the car, started the ignition, and pulled out of the garage. They drove in silence for a few minutes before Liz started to recognize her surroundings.
“We’re going there aren’t we?”
Mikey chuckled. “You know, it’s not easy to keep secrets from you.”
Liz squealed slightly. “Aww Hun, we haven’t been to the spot in so long. Taking me to the spot where you first told me you loved me for our anniversary. So romantic.”
“You deserve romantic. Besides, like you said, we haven’t been there in a while. So in the truck, I have packed a full on picnic: salad, chicken fettuccine, breadsticks, and crème brule. Also some wine and the accessories for the picnic. Don’t worry; the food should still be warm. I picked it up from your favorite restaurant while you were getting ready, and it’s in one of those things that keeps food warm.”
Liz smiled at him and leaned her head on his shoulder as they pulled up into the empty parking lot, which was no surprise at 8 o’clock at night. They got out of the car and Liz carried the blanket to the spot they called theirs. She laid out the blanket and Mikey set down the rest of the items before sitting down, motioning for Liz to sit next to him. He opened the food and served her, putting the food on plates for her, pouring her wine, etc. It was delicious. They sat there just eating and talking, enjoying being together.
“Ok, enough of this business,” Liz said, motioning to the leftover food. “Let’s get to the good stuff. Bring on crème brule.”
Mikey laughed at her and pulled out two small bowls of crème brule, one with a strawberry on top and one without. He handed her the one with the strawberry.
“Oooo, I get a strawberry too.”
“Yeah, just because I don’t like them doesn’t mean you have to suffer.”
Liz looked down at her crème brule and took her spoon, lightly tapped the top, tapping harder each time until it broke. She dipped her spoon in and took a bite. “MMMM, this is so delicious.” She looked up at Mikey to see him watching her. “What?”
He shook his head. “Nothing. I just never fully expect that reaction out of you for a dessert.”
“Well, this isn’t just any dessert. It’s a fantastic dessert,” she laughed and then looked down at her crème brule. “Hey, there’s something in here.”
“What do you mean?”
She shook her head. “I don’t know, it’s shiny. Maybe a piece of glass or…..” Her words cut off as she realized what was hiding at the bottom of her bowl. She carefully scooped it out, cleaned it off with her napkin, and held it up with her fingers. She looked up at Mikey. She didn’t know what to say. She couldn’t speak.
“Babe?”
Liz slightly shook her head and focused on Mikey again. “Is this what I think it is?”
He nodded, taking the ring from her fingers and climbing up to his feet, bringing her with him. “Liz, these past two years have been the most amazing in my life. You’ve made me more alive than I have ever been. I want to be with you for the rest of my life.” Mikey knelt down so he was on one knee. “Elizabeth Laura Hanson, will you marry me?”


ONCE AGAIN, PLEASE REVIEW
Sign up to rate and review this story