Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Depressed to happy

Depressed to happy

by road 0 reviews

Hinata is sad, Kuranie is dead. When naruto returns from his 3 year training, can he change that> ? Naruhina

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Humor,Romance - Characters: Hinata,Naruto - Published: 2009-01-13 - Updated: 2009-01-18 - 2629 words

-1Illiterate
Hey there! I was bored because my internet was unavailable due to cold weather and so I pondered, and pondered…until! I came up with this story, at first it was going to be a one-shot, but I like continuous stories. Hope you like it!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

“Hinata, your technique and movements have gone extremely below average. Any genin could defeat you at the pace you are moving. If this continues, I’m afraid I will have to give the heir title to Hanabi, and have you move out. Do I make myself clear?” Hiashi said looking at his daughter sternly.

Hinata however, looked at the floor she kneeled on. She was in a bad state right now.

“Y-yes, father. I will try harder…” She said trying to sound convincing.

Hiashi paused a bit, as if thinking. Giving a sigh he said. “Very well then, dismissed. Get on with your daily activities.”

Hinata bowed her head slightly and walked out the hyuuga doors. Everything her father said had been true. Ever since that dreadful day, her confidence and self-esteem seemed gone. As she could no longer focus on a task completely.

It all changed that one day…

Flashback

“Alright team, are you ready”? Kuranie called out to her squad. Hinata, Kiba, and Shino each took their step forward in affirmative. They had just received an S-class mission. Some sightings of an akatsuki member were confirmed and being an expert tracking team, they were given this mission.

“Alright! We haven’t had a team mission in weeks”! Kiba said loudly. Akamaru barked in agreement.

They moved into the forest near the border of the village. The sighting was not false, as a man in a robe with red clouds was scouting the area, as if looking for something.

Team 8 hid effectively, making their move only when it was right. As the akatsuki member turned its back on their direction, they struck. Hinata’s was the first to reach striking point, but a log was in its place. The real deal stepped into the clearing. Much to Kuranie’s dismay, it was Hidan, the one who killed Asuma.

“Well, it appears I have been spotted. But I wouldn’t hang around if I were you, reinforcements are on the way, and we will crush you.” Kuranie gritted her teeth. She wouldn’t risk any of her students being hurt, their mission was complete, to find the akatsuki member and confirm the location so ANBU may track and eliminate them.

“Everyone, get out now! I’ll deal with him”. Kuranie called.

Hinata tried responding. “B-but”

“Now! Shino, Kiba, get her out of here”! She called. Not taking her eyes off her prey.

Shino and Kiba grabbed each arm and dragged her out. “No! Sensei!” She called. But Shino and Kiba dragged her off.

Kuranie wouldn’t kid herself, she wouldn’t be able to fight more the one akatsuki member, if that happened, she would use genjutsu to escape.

End flashback

Of course, Kuranie didn’t make it. The reinforcements were Itachi and Pien. And as ‘luck’ would have it, mangekyo sharingan was a release machine, so Kuranie’s genjutsu had no effect, and she was brutally murdered.

Hinata walked down the street with her head low, not noticing the stands that held bargains that were right next to her. She had been to the funeral a few months ago. She was very depressed; the first person she usually went to for problems was Kuranie or her team. Hinata had no contact with her team since the funeral, since her skills had dropped; she was put on standby while her team went on missions. And Kuranie, well she no longer could be there for her.

The only person she considered a “loving” parent was gone, and she had none left to help her. At one point she considered going to Naruto for help, but remembered he was still on his 3 year training session.

Of coarse, it had been 3 years, and Hinata was told Naruto would arrive within the next week. She wanted to talk to him about her problem when he got back, but figured maybe not. After all, she was sure no one would be thrilled to talk to someone with their problems after a three year training mission. That would get annoying.

Hinata walked with her crutch in hand, her first training session with Neji since the funeral was awful. Neji knew hinata’s skills to a certain degree, but hinata was not at the top of her game at the time, he aimed a pretty hard punch at her leg, thinking she would block it, but she was in a daze and he hit it hard enough to break it.

Of coarse her father told her she was still capable of training, she wouldn’t need to run, but her arms could still work. But that was no good either in her current state. Her leg had mostly healed since then, and the cast could come off soon enough. One thing was certain.

Her world was falling apart.

Realizing she had no particular destination in mind, she headed back home to get some sleep.

(2 weeks later)

It had been the same routine, wake up, train with bad results, and sleep. She awoke to her new room. As her father warned, she was moved to a new house as a result of her poor progress. It was good for her though, as she needed her privacy. She looked at her left leg; witch was now healed, and stretched. She needed to get back in shape, as she was feeling out of place.

She left the house and went to the training ground, completely oblivious to the fact that she forgotten to close her door.

A few hours later she returned home, drenched in sweat. Her training seemed to go pretty well. She approached her door to find that the place was trashed. She then noted that she left her door open.

Oh no…She thought.

She ran inside to find most of her belongings gone; her room was empty except for her bed. Her knees dropped to the ground.

She was just robbed, quite badly by the looks of it. NOW her life was a wreck. She started weeping. Her whole world seemed to go downhill. She wiped away a tear and she felt a hand on her shoulder. She didn’t turn to look but the person spoke.

“Hey! You seem pretty down, and you left your front door open. Why are you crying.”? The person asked.

Hinata however, didn’t turn to look. “I know, forgetting to lock doors and crying is… sniff apparently something I do a lot”. She said. Deciding not looking at the person was rude, she turned to look.

The person was a male, and he seemed in her age group, but what caught her eyes were blue eyes and whisker marks. She gasped at who he was. And the boy seemed just as surprised to see her.

“H-Hinata! It’s been so long! What’s wrong? What happened to you?” Naruto shot questions like a bullet. But Hinata didn’t answer any.

“Naruto…” She said. Before her could respond he was knocked to the floor on his bottom, with a weeping Hinata crying onto his shoulder.

“Naruto… Everything is wrong, and I was just robbed. I’m… so glad your back though, I really need someone to talk to.” Hinata answered.

“What do you mean ‘everything is wrong’”?

“Follow me.” She called. She pulled out two small stools that were left of her house. She seated them both and explained her whole situation. Naruto was taken back; she had gone through so much in the span of a few months. He told her he just got back in the village, and he was walking from Tsunade’s office to go to his house and noticed her open door and checked it out.

“Come on Hinata. We should call on Granny and tell what happened, she might help us.” He said getting up and motioning her to follow. Instead she ran to him and gripped his waist, no sign of letting go. Naruto didn’t mind, she was in bad shape, and needed someone to hold. He was glad he could help her.

They made their way to the Hokage tower. Ignoring the stares they got of their position.

Tsunade was doing the paper work Shizune had brought in for her when a knock came at her door. “Come in” She announced. Naruto and Hinata walked in.

Tsunade gave off a sigh. “Naruto you were just here, is there some… oh, hello Hinata. I guess you must have some request then. Please, take a seat.”

They talked about Hinata’s current situation and robbery. Tsunade looked serious for a moment, but a wicked grin made it’s way to her features. “It baffles me Naruto, as soon as you have free time, you head off to Hinata home and waltz in on her open door. You weren’t peeping weren’t you? Has Jiraya taught you anything other then jutsu?” She said cockily.

Naruto’s face reddened. Hinata’s stayed curious, for she wasn’t aware what she meant by peeping.

“W-w-w-w what! I-I-I it wasn’t l-l-l- like th-th-that”! He stuttered more terribly than Hinata. Tsunade however enjoyed her little game. And paid no mind to him.

“Well then, I guess since your so convenient, Hinata will stay with you until the culprit is captured.” She announced. Now it was Hinata’s turn to blush.

Naruto tried protesting.

What! I…b-b-but”

“I SAID IT AND THAT’S FINAL”! She screamed and in three seconds he and Hinata were out the door.

The rest of the walk home was in silence, Hinata tried to keep her cool. “Um…Naruto, why is it so b-bad to live with you? Is my company uncomforting?” She asked tenderly.

Naruto immediately shook his head. “It’s not that it’s just…I only have one bed. So in a sense I’m sleeping with you. If pervy sage hears this he won’t let me forget it.”

Hinata blushed but giggled. They continued on their way toward Naruto’s house. Upon arriving they realized his house was quite messy, dust was all over the floor. Naruto turned toward Hinata.

“Uh…help clean this up”? He asked sheepishly. Hinata nodded. For the next few minutes they had the furniture clean. And all that was left was the floor. Naruto had two mops so they each used one. While they cleaned the floor their brooms always collided with each other. Soon after a little staring contest they raced around to make the floor clean faster then the other. Both running around laughing and having fun. By the time they finished it was nightfall and time to go to bed. Naruto let hinata use his pajamas, naruto had asked if it was Ok if he slept with only boxers since his old clothing and Pajamas would not fit his large body. She said she would try and ignore it.

Soon they on the bed not worrying about the covers. Both sweaty and breathing hard from their race and smiling at the fun they had.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Jiraya was walking around with nothing to do, it was nearing nightfall and he had just finished his report. He was bored and the hot springs were closed so research was out of the question. He decided to see what Naruto was up to and walked to his house.

When Jiraya had arrived he decided to go through his bedroom window to scare him to death like he had done a few times during their training. The sight he saw was what he had not expected.

Naruto and some ‘other female’ were lying on the bed next to each other. Naruto only in his boxers and the female was wearing VERY tight pajamas. Both were breathing hard as if they had gone on a marathon and were sweating. Both had exhilarated looks on their faces as if they had done the best thing in their life. And both were facing the other. But how would they get sweaty? Only one though entered The perverts mind.

He opened the window not caring for privacy

“Well, Naruto. One day and you already scored a chick! I knew my advice would help you out”! He yelled.

It took Naruto a minute to register what Jiraya had said. When he realized what happened he blushed like mad. He ran to the window. “Damn it! Why must all people think were doing…That? Get out Get out”! He yelled and slammed the window shut. He turned to Hinata and apologized.

“Sorry about him, he’s a huge pervert…” He trailed off when he got a better look at her. In her tight pajamas she looked WAY different. Now he realized why Tsunade acused him of peeping. He couldn’t blame her.

Damn! Now I know why all the adults think were getting intimate! I mean look at her…OMG! I can’t believe I just thought that! He thought.

But unfortunately years of being with a pervert took his tool, and he felt like his boxer’s got smaller. This didn’t go unnoticed by Hinata. She noticed him looking downward with a mortified look. Her eyes trialed down until her eye’s met with his grown member.

She quickly took her head away. Her hands over her eyes. “Oh my god”! She quickly blurted out. Naruto put his hand down to cover his glory. “Oh my god I am so sorry!” He said.

“I-its alright.” She said in a rush. OMG I can’t believe Naruto has this type of reaction toward my body! She though with a blush

Naruto tried to change the subject. “I can’t believe everyone thinks were a couple. Isn’t that weird”? He said laughing nervously.

A couple…Kuranie and Asuma were a couple. Hinata thought. Thinking about Kuranie again she started to cry again. Naruto was immediately at her side. He knew he had said the wrong thing. He got in the bed and pulled over the covers. Not caring of the position he was in. Hinata was crying in his bare chest in between his legs. The problem was that is ‘playmate’ hadn’t settled down. He was sure she could feel it on her waist.

Soon she could cry no more and looked into Naruto’s eyes. “I’m sorry Naruto, I shouldn’t have cried like that. I know, I’m weak”. She said sadly.

Naruto wiped away a tear with his thumb while his hands cupped her face. “It ok to cry for someone you care about. You’re not weak. It’s normal, I should know.” He said finishing while looking at an old photo with Sasuke in it.

Hinata smiled and nodded.

“Hinata…I’ll avenge you’re sensei, and I get rid of akatsuki. And then when I do, I’ll make sure you stay happy like we were just now. OK”? He asked.

Hinata nodded happily.

“Good, now lets get some sleep, we need to get you training again in the morning”.

Hinata swung her arms around his waist and slept on his chest. For the first time in a long time. Things weren’t so horrible anymore. She was happy, and she was certain that Kuranie would be happy for her.

She had a long road ahead of her, but she had Naruto by her side with her all the way. She slept to get ready for training the next day.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I really like my progress, please review and tell me what you think!
Sign up to rate and review this story