Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Shattered Hearts

Haunting Melodies

by demolition_funeral 6 reviews

Brendon gets a surprise... and what a surprise he gets!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-01-16 - Updated: 2009-01-19 - 824 words

1Original
Disclaimer: As real as my purple hair. Oh wait, I don't have purple hair.

~~

Shattered Hearts ~ Chapter 2 ~ Haunting Melodies

Over the next few days, Brendon spent most of his time cleaning the shop, but at the end of each day, he’d sneak into the back-room, and try to repair things he found interesting. Like, Ryan, for example.

When Brendon had wiped the bisque doll clean, he noticed that there were glittery swirls on its face; that really just made its eyes stand out more. And, also the fact that Brendon now knew that those were white slacks indeed, not grey. But, something else made the eighteen year old frown.

Ryan’s nose was chipped. And his arm. And leg. The poor doll was so pieced up, Brendon could see how broken it really was. So, he made it his mission to fix Ryan.

“Jon!” he called over his shoulder. “I’m gonna stay behind a while. I’ll see you tomorrow!”

“Alright, see ya, Bren!” came Jon’s answer.

Brendon headed to his secret hideout with Ryan in hand, carefully placing it on the wooden stand next to a cupboard. The back-room was just a small little closet, big enough to put one table, one cupboard, one shelf and one Brendon. It was a quiet place, good for thinking. This was where Brendon got most of his ideas. Like the one about mixing Skittles and M&Ms in a blender and adding Red Bull. That was definitely the last time he’d ever ask Jon to taste anything again.

Brendon frowned at the doll. Now, where the hell did I put the glue?

He shuffled around a few shelves until he saw the lime-green bottle behind his Blink-182 CD and grinned. “Aha! There you are.” Reaching out with his fingers, he grabbed it and put it next to the doll. Part one of Mission Fix-ay The Bisque is complete. Now, part two.

Looking around for the porcelain tiles from an old building, he accidentally stepped on something. Looking down, he winced. “Ah, damn. The tiles.” Well, at least now the pieces were small enough for Brendon to adjust with a glass-cutter.

“Now, let’s see. Your nose is a kind of a pointy shape. Hmm,” mumbled Brendon as he steadily cut the small piece of porcelain. He ended up with a triangle. “Well, that’ll do for now.” He stuck it onto the doll’s nose carefully, and sighed in relief.

“Done. Now, for your arm… “

It took him about an hour or so to finish, and boy, was he happy with the results. Ryan looked as good as new. Brendon polished it a bit, just for the finishing touch, then stood back to admire his handiwork.

“Not bad, Brendon. Not bad at all,” he smiled, sitting back down on his swivel chair. Brendon looked at his watch. It was nine-thirty. Still early. Might as well hang around here a while.

Brendon grinned to himself. The whole shop, just waiting to be explored. Especially that lovely old grand piano sitting in the corner. Brendon had only ever tested it once and it sure as hell was out of tune. But, he was Brendon. Out-of-tune pianos were his thing.

The teenager crept out of the back-room and over to the dusty black grand piano. He ran his fingers over the keys gently, taking in the feel of the weathered-old instrument. Brendon slid down onto the seat, adjusting his position. He began to play a small melody, something simple. The Bee. He loved to mess around with that song. But, tonight he felt like playing something else. So, he let his hands run loose over the keys, creating a haunting melody which would have given anyone else chills just to hear.

Brendon shut his eyes, humming along with the song. He opened his mouth and softly sang, “No melody sounds as sweet, as the first time it was sung, with a little bit more character for show.” He continued, this time a little louder. “By the time your father’s heard of all the wrong we’ve done, yeah I’m putting out the lantern; find your own way back home.”

Suddenly, Brendon heard a voice coming from the back-room. The first thought that sprang to his mind was robbers, but how’d they get in? He quietly stood up, walking towards the sound. His shoes made a tiny squeaking sound as he walked, but he didn’t notice. Pushing the door open, he looked around. Nobody was there.

“Hello? I-Is anyone here?” he called softly. A small click sounded from his right. Brendon immediately spun around, holding up his torchlight at the intruder. What his eyes saw, was an entirely different matter, though.

“What the fuck?”

~

Mwahahahaha, cliffhanger already! I bet ya’ll are wondering what Brendon saw, eh?
No worries. The next chapter will come soon enough.
Review & rate, please & thank you.

~Nick~
Sign up to rate and review this story