Tony and Harry meet Albus, Tom plots from the diary, Draco reveals some history to Harry, The 'Claws ponder, and Harry starts his research.
- Ah, another delightful chapter of this one. I'm looking forward to seeing what project Harry's going to propose, it sounds like a rather challenging and impressive one if he's looking for that kind of help. It would be amusing to look into Tom's thoughts as he tried to enter Luna's mind, she's "different" enough that it might be a "unique" experience for him. Meanwhile, with the diary removed to a safe place, it'll be interesting to see what does crop up this year, including, most likely, another round of Dumbles' manipulations.
- the chapter was a lot of fun.
the side thread with dumbledore was actually more interesting than the chap itself though. its a rather pivotal moment. i am very interested in seeing more of that one.
i dunno why there wasn't a second talk like a pirate day. it seemed that everyone of all ages enjoyed it the first time around.
also, i would have thought the twins would have been tempted to do it again. but oh well. hope to see another chap sometime soon.
- Good chapter. I am a little confused as to how Luna got the diary, but I hope that will be explain in the next chapter. I actully found the flashback more interesting this time. I love how tony put Dumbles in his place and made him aware that he more than he thinks. I found it interesting about the international secrecy act most countries don't recognise it. Love how Harry manage to see through Dumbles manipulations.
Also I liked how you had Draco point out that Harry has a magical inhertiance. I know loves Tony and considers him his father, but I would think that Harry might be a little curious about his birth parents, even if is just to figure how he ended up with the Dursley's. I mean Harry said so himself that if they could make arragements for his schooling then would also make arrragements for his care. I'm surprised that he didn't look into it.
Luna pointing out Harry may have a marriage contract was good. I kind of would like to see that. Tony and Harry trying to get him out of it would be priceless.
(#) whatareyouevensaying 2009-01-19 01:57:09 PMGreat chapter, but I hope you explain how Luna came to possess the diary. I'm finding myself hard-pressed to find a favorite part of the chapter, simply because it was all so well done. Oh, and in Ravenclaw, there's Michael Corner and Stephen Cornfoot. There is no Michael Cornfoot. Actually, Stephen Cornfoot might be a Hufflepuff...
Looking forward to more.
Author's response- Lucius planted on her in diagon alley all the way back in chapter 8... Everyone just assumed that the girl talking to the diary was Ginny because of the comments about her father's view of Muggles... There aren't any canon references to the opinions held by the elder Lovegood about the Muggle world, so I used a little misdirection to keep people guessing...
- Uh. Yeah. Well, see, Michael and Stephen hang out so much that they are viewed by their classmates as a single person.
- Yeah. That's what happened.
- Solid chapter; wonder what Flitwick will make of the diary. At least with him involved there's a slim chance of info getting back to Harry.
Your Dumbles seems dumber by the chapter, as he still hasn't made the necessary mental adjustments 2+ years after he should have
Author's response- Filius will be taking it to Dumbledore to confirm that it is in deed a horocrux. And yes, Harry will be informed by his Head of House, thought just why a horocrux would be fixated on him will remain a mystery... Albus is Albus after all.
- Well in fairness to Dumbledore, all of his appearances in chapter 12 were two years before 'the present' in the story...