Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > My Best Mate

Regret And Misery

by SlaveToMyWords 0 reviews

Valon is devestated. How is he going to live all alone?

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Joey Wheeler,Mai Valentine,Valon - Published: 2009-01-24 - Updated: 2009-01-25 - 1211 words - Complete

0Unrated
Valon clicked a button on his keyring and waited for the garage door to open before slowly making his way inside. He was in no hurry to get home. While he probably wouldn't see Jackie right away, he would have to face her eventually, and it wasn't exactly something he was looking forward to.
However, when she had left him alone at the dock, after a very heated argument, Valon knew that he needed to make her forgive him. His biggest fear and worry had been that Jackie would reject him, that she wouldn't return his feelings. But now, knowing she did, there was no question about it; he had to tell her how he felt and make her understand exactly what she meant to him.

Valon sighed deeply and put away his helmet. He would talk to Jackie in the morning, knowing that right now she wouldn't even want to look at him. It was best to let her cool off for a bit. He left his bike and walked over to the door leading into the mansion. If anyone had to see him then, they'd most likely think he'd been hit by a truck or something of the sort. The poor brunette was a mess.
Valon opened the door connecting to the mansion and walked in, but he hadn't gotten more than four or five feet before someone struck him hard, causing his head to jerk to the side from the force. He lifted his hand to his face in shock and looked forward again to see an extremely angry Mai being restrained by Joey.
"You stupid, conceited jerk!!" She yelled at him, pulling roughly away from Joey. "Do you have any idea what you've done?! All-"
"Mai, stop." Joey said softly, taking her hand and squeezing it lightly. "Dat's enough."
Mai was fuming but she kept her mouth shut. Joey then looked back at Valon.
"What happened man?"
Valon scowled at him.
"None a your damn business, Wheeler!" He growled angrily.
Mai snapped.
"IT IS OUR BUSINESS!" She screamed furiously. "Jackie is our friend, and unlike you, we actually care about her!!"
Valon grew furious now as well. He stepped up to Mai and glared at her.
"Don't you dare say I don't care about her!" He snarrled angrily.
Mai stepped up to Valon until they were nose to nose and matched his glare.
"Well you got a damn poor way of showing it!!" She snarled back. "You really hurt her this time you moron!!"
Valon's face darkened.
"How the hell was I suppose to know how she felt about me!! You know just as well as I do that Jackie is impossible to read if she wants to be!!"
Valon swallowed hard and stepped away from Mai, feeling a deep pain in his chest. Tears flooded his eyes and he turned away from the two blonde's to conceal them.
"If I'd known she felt that way about me... I .. I never.. I would have..."
Valon stopped, not being able to say any more.

Mai, too angry at Valon to feel pity for him, scowled at the brunette.
"Well congratulations. You are officially the dumbest guy on the face of the earth!"
"Mai..." Joey said quietly. Mai ignored him.
"You really hurt her, Valon. And this time there's no fixing it."
Valon clenched his teeth together to keep his jaw from quivering. He took a deep breath and swallowed hard again, forcing back his tears and attempting to control himself.
"I will fix it..." He whispered, barely audible. "I just need to talk to her..."
Mai crossed her arms over her chest and snorted.
"Tough." She said bluntly. "You've had more chances than you deserve and you blew 'em all. You're too late."
Valon felt his heart beat quicken and whirled around to face Mai again.
"What to do mean?" He asked, trying to remain calm. Mai scowled at him again.
"You're too late." She repeated. "She's gone."
Valon began to panic.
"What?? What do you mean gone?!" He yelled frantically. "Where's she gone?"
Mai regarded Valon interestedly.
"I don't know. She came home and threw her stuff into bags, said goodbye and left. She won't even answer her cell phone."
Valon flew into a fit of panic.
"You idiots!!" He yelled. "What's wrong with you?! Why didn't you stop her?!"
Mai grew furious again.
"It's you're fault, you're the idiot!!" She screamed savagely. "She earned the right to get away from you!!"
Valon shook his head in disbelief. This couldn't be happening. Jackie couldn't be gone! Not forever. It just couldn't be. She'd be back.
Valon closed his eyes and took a deep, calming breath. When he opened his eyes, she starred back at Mai with a look of determination.
"I'll find 'er." He said firmly. "And if I can't, I'll wait for her to come back and explain everything. I'll make her believe me!"
Mai raised her eyebrow and starred at him for a minute, then shook her head.
"She's not coming back. All her stuff is gone."
Valon's heart stopped and before anything else could be said, he turned and bolted up the stairs as fast as his legs could carry him.

Valon reached Jackie's room and threw the door open. He jumped inside and looked around as he panted heavily to try and catch his breath; but his next breath caught in his throat when he took in the sight.
Jackie's drawers and cabinets were all threw open and were completely empty, and all her pictures were gone from the walls, dresser and stands. Valon walked over to her huge closet and saw that everything there too was gone. He checked under her bed for the big boxes that had always been there containing her duel disk, deck and a few weapons, but those too were gone. How she had managed to take everything he would never know, but neither did he care.
Valon made to pull away from the bed but something caught his eye. He reached into the darkness and grasped it, pulling it out to look at it.
He sat up on his knees and starred down at the item now in his hands. It was the Baby Dragon plushie Jackie had won on their first -- and only -- date.
Valon sat back and leaned against the bed, pulling his knees to him as he starred at the plushie. She was gone. Jackie was actually gone. Forever. He'd screwed up one to many times and this was his punishment. Now he was alone, completely and utterly alone.

Valon starred at the plushie for a long time until eventually he couldn't hold back his sorrow anymore and finally broke down. He hugged the plushie tight to him as he sobbed uncontrollably. No matter how much he missed Jackie, or how much he wanted to find her, he knew he'd never be able to if she didn't want him to. The only way he'd ever see her again was if something happened that made her miss him enough to come find him. Until then, he'd just have to live in misery and regret his mistakes. Solitude would be his punishment until Jackie finally decided it was time to come back to him.
Sign up to rate and review this story