Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > The After Life Of The Party

Sending Postcards from a Plane Crash (Wish You Were Here)

by SinsNotTragedies95 3 reviews

GASSSPPP! TRICKY!!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2009-01-26 - Updated: 2009-01-27 - 835 words

0Unrated
Pete’s POV

“Andy I told you not to scream!”

I grabbed the mirror out of his hands before he dropped and broke it. I placed it back up on the dresser, and noticed that Patrick was missing. Oh well, he used to just disappear a lot. Maybe some of his old habits are starting to show again.

“How can I not scream?! Look at me! I’m a monster!”

The words made Joe cry harder, as if hearing Andy admit to being a vampire made it more real.

“You’re not-“
Andy cut me off. “Don’t tell me I’m not a monster Peter, because I am! I don’t want this! Do you think I want to wake up one morning and find out I’ve killed Joe, just because I can’t frickin’ control myself?!”

He had tears running down his face now, staring at me with half enraged, half hopeless eyes. I felt bad for him, he hated vampires more than the rest of us put together. And now he was one, and it was only a matter of time before he attacked the last human in the house, the person he cared most about.

“I’m sorry Andy, there’s nothing we can do now.”
“I know.” His voice was full of defeat. He hung his head and rested his cheek on top of Joe’s head. Suddenly his eyes snapped open and a growl escaped his throat. I knew what was happening before it happened. As Andy wrenched Joe’s head to the side and lunged as his throat I darted from my chair and grabbed Joe’s arm. I dragged him out the door, away from Andy. I let go of him once we were in the hall and closed the door. I braced myself against it, not letting him out. He banged on the door for a minute before he calmed down. His voice was quiet and even more defeated than before.

“I’m okay now Pete.”

I opened the door and stepped away, letting him out. Joe immediately ran towards him to hug him again but Andy pushed him away.

“I don’t want to hurt you Joe.” He turned and walked down the hallway. He went into his room and closed the door. I could hear the faint click of the lock being turned. I sighed.

“Sorry Joe, you know he’ll come around.” Even though I knew he wouldn’t. I knew all too well what it was like to be afraid to hurt the one you loved.

“If you say so.” He bit his lip and walked into the living room. He curled up on the couch and rocked faintly back and forth. I knew there was nothing I could do for him so I just let him be. I wonder where Patrick is. We needed to work on his memory.

“Patrick?” I called into the house.
No answer.
“Pat?”
Still no answer.

I searched the house for him, he wasn’t in any of the bathrooms or bedrooms, he wasn’t in the living room, or the basement. He wasn’t in the kitchen or the backyard, and I knew he hadn’t left because his cell phone and keys were still on the counter. After a few rounds around the house I started to get really worried. As I walked into the kitchen for what must have been the fiftieth time, I noticed a small note on the side of the fridge. I walked over and slid it out from underneath the magnet, seeing Patrick’s handwriting. I read it in horror.

Pete.
Hey. By now you’re probably wondering where I am. I just wanted to tell you, I’m leaving. I know I haven’t been with you guys long but already it seems like all I can do is mess things up. I’m getting out of here before I really ruin something. When I saw that guy, with the brown hair, in that really bright white room, I really hated him. Something’s telling me I have to-

The last two sentences were crossed out.

Please don’t try to find me. It’ll just cause more problems. You’re probably going to freak out, because I guess we were boyfriends or something. But please don’t. Just let me leave. Sorry.
Patrick.
Ps. Tell Andy sorry for me. Even though that probably won’t fix it.

I let the note flutter to the ground, not believing what I had just read. He couldn’t be gone. He just couldn’t be. And if he was going to find Beckett… I already knew what would happen to him. I couldn’t live without my Patrick. My face paled more, if that was even possible. I knew he had told me not to look for him, and I usually respected his wishes. But this was different. I was going to go after him. He would be safe.
Sign up to rate and review this story