Harry recovers, Decisions are made, and Hermione gets an offer.
(#) SmokinDragon 2009-01-30 09:19:51 AMGood new chapter and a great story overall so far.
One thing I am a bit concerned about is the relative 'power level' of the two worlds. So far, it seems that the Superhero/SHIELD side is vastly more powerful than the Magical side. I hope this will somehow even out, even if not completely, as crossovers that heavily favour one world can become very stale and cartoonish (pun intended).
Author's response- In technomage I deal with this by keeping the Marvels out of the story other than small character driven cameos. In Incredible I'm dealing with it by having no actual Marvels (beyond SHIELD) making an appearance (though it's killing me not to have Steve Rogers show up and kick Harry's butt for him...)
- In technomage I deal with this by keeping the Marvels out of the story other than small character driven cameos. In Incredible I'm dealing with it by having no actual Marvels (beyond SHIELD) making an appearance (though it's killing me not to have Steve Rogers show up and kick Harry's butt for him...)
- Excellent, although I would think Harry would be asking many more questions than are being shown. (Hermione might be observing and building up a plan, but Harry?) And Trelawney as a self-admitted fake??? Well, it's original to me, anyway!
Author's response- Oh Harry's asking questions, just not 'on camera'. He knows he's being helped.
- Sybill's not so much a fake as a Deep Cover agent. I knew I wanted an agent at Hogwarts, and tried to think of the least likely person for it to be... My first inclination was for it to be Hagrid, but Sybill, well that just made me smile.
- -Laughs uproariously- I loved the bit with Trelawney and the way she doesn't take herself seriously; though I'd posit that her "fake" propehcy has now taken on a life of its own and may well come true. Meanwhile, I love the job offer for Hermione and I suspect she'd be a definite asset to SHIELD. Meanwhile, the "new edition" of Harry is impressive if he can hold the power and not let it change his personality. y'know, it's scary when you can read a description of that wand and understand exactly what it's talking about (BTW, didn't someone post a story in the CaerAzkaban files where he ended up with a fullerene tube wand with a Bose-Einstein condensate core?). It's going to be right fascinating to see their return to England, both wizarding and otherwise.
Author's response- Yeah Sybill as a deep cover agent made me smile. A horny flower child Sybill made me laugh.
- The Changes in Harry are only beginning.
- I think that wand is from the Ruskbyte's Backward Compatible wasn't it?
- I love the wand, it sounds like it can blow away Dark Arses and withstand Harry's new powers. I felt a shudder of doorshadowing when they spoke of changes for Harry. I don't see how Hulk can equal evil-ing out, but I'm blessed if I can figure out how the magics will hulk?
(One word as noun and verb in same sentence hangs head)
Hee, I've never thought of Thor with Swedish accent, and certainly not Brit. More kinda just deep, resonant mid-atlantic?
BTW I really loved Hermione's hair. Men always want your hair long and pretty, completely saw that coming. Wouldn't it be nice if the radiation killed the Horacrux?
Author's response- The Hulk isn't so much evil as uncontrolled. How will a Gamma Powered Harry react to major stress? That would be telling.
- Personally hair hasn't ever meant that much to me. I believe a hair cut should make a statement and mine says 'he doesn't care about his hair'.
- Of course if I suffered from MPB, my opinion might be different
- I have noticed that women put a lot of stock in their hair, far more than most men... (Guys like Lucius throw the curve off.)
- The Horacruxes (Horacri?) aren't going to be a major part of the story.
- I see Herry doing quick work of Voldy and his playmates. But I also see Hermione not wanting the Job unless Harry is with her. Course Angst filled Hulk drama might not be afr in the future and depending on the direction this takes (Marvel realities Vs. JKR's) will depend on how long and where this ends up!
Please a small favor, I'd love to see Emma Frost(or) The Scarlet Witch vs. Bellatrix Lestrange!
Love to see magical Cat fight!
- My apologies, the wand I was thinking of is "Carbon fiber in epoxy resin, laser drilled, 21.67cm, magically stabilized Bose-Einstein condensate core" from "Better Living Through Chemisty" in the CaerAzkaban Files.
I do agree with your stance about haircuts, at least with what's left of my hair. :D
If he can casually do that number to fix Hermione's hair while his core is almost depleted, it should be "instructive" to see what anger on a full core allows; though I'd not want to be anywhere nearby when he opens that "can of whoop-ass" on someone.