Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Choose love or sympathy, but never both

The Rock Show

by xFallxOutxBoyxFanx 4 reviews

Skyler goes to the concert

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-02-02 - Updated: 2009-02-02 - 831 words

-1Cliche
Time passed quickly after that. The girl Skyler had been talking to before, whose name was Jessica, asked Skyler if she wanted to hang out with her and her friends. Skyler decided that it would be nice to have some company while waiting for bands to switch out, so she said yes.

Jessica turned out to be a lot like Skyler, so they had a lot to talk about. It took no more than 30 minutes before the first band started to play.

Jessica and Skyler talked some more, and became pretty good friends. This was weird for Skyler, because she’s not good at making friends, but everything was so easy with Jessica, it was like they had known each other their whole lives.

“So how long do you get to hang out with Fall Out Boy?” Jessica asked.

“I’m not sure, probably until they get sick of me.” Skyler joked.

They both laughed for awhile, then The Academy Is... started to play. Once The Academy Is... started their set, Skyler and Jessica were singing along to every single song. They both knew most of the lyrics so it didn’t sound like they didn’t know what they were singing.

Soon enough The Academy Is... had stopped playing and there was another break. This break was the shortest of them, maybe 20 minutes instead of 30. Once Cobra Starship came on, everyone cheered for them like they cheered for the other bands. The sets kept getting longer and longer.

After Cobra was done playing, there was a long break. This one had to be at least 40 minutes. Everyone was anxious for Fall Out Boy to start playing. Some people were starting to wonder if they were even going to play tonight. But sure enough they did play. They started out with “Sugar We’re Goin’ Down”.

FOB continued on with their set list, playing songs from each of their albums. Maybe Skyler was just being a little too hopeful, but she could’ve sworn that Patrick Stump, the lead singer, had looked straight at her and winked while singing the line “So many kids and I only see you” from their much older song “Pretty In Punk”. She knew that he probably wasn’t looking at her, but hey a girl can hope right?

“Did he just wink at you?” Jessica asked, with a huge grin on her face.

“I- I- don’t know…” She stuttered.

Jessica just giggled like she knew something that Skyler didn’t and continued singing along.

That was the only thing Skyler could think about for the rest of the song. But soon she snapped out of her day dreaming and continued to enjoy the show. She caught Patrick looking back in her direction more times than she could count during the rest of the show. She still wasn’t sure if he was looking at her or not, but it seemed like when she smiled, his smile just grew bigger.

Soon the show was over, and everyone started to exit the venue. Jessica stayed and talked with Skyler for a little while longer, but she soon had to leave with the friends she came with. Before she left they exchanged cell numbers to keep in touch.

Skyler decided to make her way towards the area where the M&G was supposed to be. It took awhile to get through the crowd, since everyone was moving in the opposite direction than her, but she eventually made it to the desired location.

Then she felt a tap on her shoulder.

“Hey...” A voice said from behind her.

She turned around to find none other than Patrick Stump standing behind her and talking to her.

“Hey.” She replied quickly, something she tends to do when she’s nervous.

“Hey.” He repeated. It seemed he was just as nervous as she was, which didn’t make sense to her. Why would Patrick Stump be nervous around her? She wasn’t the rock star here.

There was an awkward sort of silence between them for awhile. Well it wasn’t that awkward, they were both doing the same thing – staring into each other’s eyes like there was no tomorrow. They continued in those positions for awhile and soon the crowd started to completely disappear.

Then Patrick broke the silence.

“So, I guess you have to go now?” He said, with a somewhat saddened tone.

Skyler just smiled at that and said “Actually no, I’m also here for a M&G with you and your band.” She said matter-of-factly.

Patrick’s face lightened up at that. “Really?” He asked “That’s awesome, okay so I guess we should go.”


PatrickStumpLover - Thank you so much. I hope you enjoy this chapter as well. =]

Mandy9027 - Thanks I'm glad you liked it. =]

I don't know if anyone's noticed but the chapter title is Blink-182's song The Rock Show haha I just thought it fit kinda well for the chapter.
Sign up to rate and review this story