Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

If I Lay Here

by caitmonsterrr 6 reviews

Gee doesn't want to die alone...:FRERARD:

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Published: 2009-02-05 - Updated: 2009-02-05 - 1602 words

0Unrated
Frank didn't want to do this, he didn't. Who would? Who in there right mind would want to give away the person they loved most, just let them do what they wanted despite the fact that everything would change. Frank knew this was goodbye, the final moments that they'd spend together, and he didn't want for it to happen. But sometimes when you love someone, you have to know when to let them go, and if this is what Gerard wanted, then Frank was in no position to argue. He didn't think it'd come down to this, to the time when Gerard would leave him alone in the world to fend for himself. Frank was worried, no question about it, but he wasn't just worried about being alone, he was more worried about Gerard. What would happen? Would he forget Frank, forget that they were ever lovers, that he even existed? Where would he go? Heaven, hell, in between? That's what had Frank nervous, just the whole uncertainty, the mystery of the situation, the fact that it couldn't be undone. It was a one-time thing and that's what frightened Frank. One time and it's all over, never to see his sweet boyfriend's face again. Despite his uneasiness, he knew this was Gerard's final wish; he had his mind made up long ago, but couldn't face doing it alone. He wanted someone there with him as he took his last breaths, someone to comfort him into this transition, so questionable and unknown. And that's why Frank was there now, hand-in-hand with Gerard, lying in his bed. Smoke from toxic cigarettes whirled around them, creating- what seemed to Frank- what Gerard would become: something he couldn't always see, but that he could sense no matter what.

"Are you sure you want this?" Frank stared at the ceiling, the smoke, as Gerard ran his thumb over Frank's. Silence smoothed over them, comforting both boys to the point where both of their breathing had become even. To Frank, this symbolized finality. So much so, that he didn't even have to hear Gerard's reply to know that this was the end; Gerard's last day on earth.

But despite Frank's knowledge, Gerard answered anyway, "I've never been more sure of anything in my life." Frank deeply inhaled the toxins, closing his eyes at the confirmation. It made everything feel more real: the room, the bed, Gerard, and that he would be there when Gerard stopped breathing. He would see Gerard's eyes go blank as he left the earth, left him.

"What about me?" Frank's soft voice echoed through the silent room, trying to find a reason to make Gerard stay, but knowing in his heart that there was nothing he could do to stop him. Gerard had always been stubborn; he always got what he wanted, and Frank wasn't about to change that now.

"You'll see me again. We'll be together again. Death can't stop that." Gerard sighed, "Nothing can." Frank nodded, reassuring himself that he will be with Gerard again, that this separation was only temporary. "That's why you're here. I need you now. I need you to be the last thing I see, the last thing I feel, the last thing I'll ever love, because you are my everything and I need something to hold on to, something to take with me, if only a memory."

Frank's hazel eyes filled with tears as he gripped tighter on to Gerard's strong hand, a sign of comfort and unity, and soon to be teamwork. "How do you want to do it?" Frank realized that he didn't want to know the answer, he could find out when the time came. A tear flowed from his eye, and Gerard reached his free hand over and lifted it to Frank's cheek, wiping the wetness and placing it on his thin lips, memorizing the taste.

"Can you tie a noose, Frankie?" Frank cringed at the question, knowing he'd have to see Gerard's blue face and snapped neck, but he nodded anyway. Gerard nodded too, confirming his plans and Frank's ability.

"How long, Gee?" Frank dreaded knowing when, but it helped to know just how much longer Gerard would be with him.

"Soon," Gerard's quiet whisper sounded as the room fell silent again. Frank squeezed his eyes shut hard and dropped his hand from Gerard's, instantly missing the touch, but feeling to weak to replace it. Gerard rolled over on his side, nuzzling his face in Frank's neck, breathing down his shirt, which sent chills up Frank's spine.

"Why, Gee? Why do you have to do this?" Frank whispered, panic overtaking his body, stiffening it. Gerard lightly kissed the smaller boy's collarbone and rolled over to return to the position on his back.

He took a deep breath, taking in all the air he could before releasing it back into the room. "Frankie," he cooed. "You know this is something I've wanted for a while now, at least a few years, and now that you're older I think you can handle it. You're everything to me: my day, my night, my sun, my breath. You're everything and the only thing. No matter what, through everything, from life and death, from birth and old age, I'll always love you. I'm never gone, you're never alone. I'll always be with you, in your heart, watching over you and keeping you safe."

"If I'm your everything, then why die? Why make me feel like I'm not worth it? 'I love you.' You say that, but those three words are said too much, they don't mean enough." Frank took Gerard's hand again and interlocked their fingers, knowing soon that it will only be a memory, the last time he can feel Gerard. He opened his eyes and turned his head to look at Gerard, desperate for an answer.

"Frankie, I know you don't understand. It's complicated, but you need to trust me. You need to know that what I'm doing is the right thing, whether it feels like it or not. I need you to know that I do love you, more than anything, and that's why this has to happen. Some things need to remain a mystery, and this is one of those things, so just believe me, because I would never do this if I didn't think it was for the best." Gerard turned over again, laying his hand of Frank's chest and gently stroking it. He met Frank's gaze and whispered, "It's time."

Frank nodded sadly, pain evident on his face, and it broke Gerard's heart to see him like that. Frank dumbly stood at the foot of the bed, unable to move, as Gerard padded slowly to the closet, pulling out a yellow rope that would soon be the end of him. Frank's throat dried shut as Gerard handed him the rough material, wanting him to tie the noose, and at that moment, Frank regretted joining Boy Scouts, as it taught him the final moments of Gerard's young life.

His fingers worked numbly at the rope, twisting and knotting it in all the right places so that it was effective. "Here," Frank mumbled, handing over the noose, but Gerard didn't take it.

"I want you to put it on me," Gerard said calmly, waiting for Frank to wrap it around his neck.

"I-I can't," Frank confessed, dropping the know to the ground.

"Yes you can." Gerard reached for the rope, placing it back in Frank's shaky hands. Frank's hand wrapped firmly around it, and Gerard put his own hands over Frank's, guiding the noose around his neck and pulling it tight. Frank closed his eyes shut, unable to deal with seeing his boyfriend moments away from death. He started shaking and he wrapped his arms around himself as a comforting gesture. "Shhh," Gerard cooed, pulling Frank into a tight hug- their last hug. "I'm gonna miss you," he whispered into Frank's neck.

Frank's eyes spilled over with tears as he ran his hands down Gerard's back, feeling all he could before Gerard pulled back. Frank looked deep into his green eyes, noticing his apologies. "I'll miss you more." Gerard leaned in, running his mouth over Frank's face, gather his tears and kissing them away. His lips found Frank's and he pressed lightly against them in what would be their last kiss together.

"I'll always love you," Gerard said, pulling away from the kiss. Frank wrapped his arms around Gerard again, pulling the taller boy closer to him. They walked to the closet, Gerard stepping on a small stool and tied the rope to the dowel running the length of the closet.

Frank let a few more salty drops leave his eyes as he whispered, "I love you."

Gerard gave a weak smile as his breath became uneven. "Until we meet again."

And with that, he kicked the stool out from under his feet, and the snap of this neck resounded though out the quiet room, causing Frank to shudder and close his eyes.

Minutes passed and a calm sensation moved over Frank, and he knew Gerard was gone. He walked into the closet, now face-to-face with Gerard's hanging body, and he pressed his lips to Gerard, desperate to fill him back up with life, but failed.

"Until we meet again," he muttered, turning off the closet light and shutting the door, knowing that Gerard was always in his heart.





a/n: heyyy guys. i'm rather proud of this one. it made me cry while writing it. i'm just very hormonal right now. haha. so yea. R&R! thanks :D
XOXO Caitlin OXOX
Sign up to rate and review this story