Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > One Of The Boys

I Saw A Spider, I Didn't Scream

by kissmysass 1 review

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres:  - Published: 2009-02-10 - Updated: 2009-02-15 - 1454 words

3Original
"Hey, Abbey, I'll see you next weekend, right?" Gerard asked as we stepped out the front door of the prison we called school on the final day of our freshman year. I shrugged my shoulders.
"I think my mom has some family vacation planned, but I'm not too sure when it is." I said as he put his arm around my shoulders. I had to fight back the urge to grin like an idiot.
"Aw, that sucks. You at least going somewhere fun?" He asked as we approached Ray and Bob. I shrugged.
"Not really. We're going to the beach. I'll be stuck inside all day." I complained as I sat down on the bence under the tree where we usually waited for Mikey and Frankie. They were only in eighth grade, so they got out half an hour later than we did. Gerard shrugged.
"Well, Rocky Horror Picture Show's on next Saturday. Maybe you can watch it, and we'll all text so we can 'watch it together' or something." Gerard suggested. I nodded my head. I suddenly dreaded my family vacation even more.
"Maybe I can convince my mom to let me stay home or something." I mumbled. Gerard shook his head.
"It's not that big of a deal. We'll have the whole summer to hang out." He said. My heart sank.
"I have to go to Arizona to visit my dad from the end of June until school starts back up." I explained. I watched Gerard's face carefully. He had no reaction. I turned away from him and stared off into the distance.
"Hey, you work this summer, right?" Bob asked Gerard as he sat down next to me.
"Yeah, why?"
"You see that babe that's been doing the day shift the last two months?" Ray interrupted. I looked back over at Gerard. He smiled.
"The day shift isn't her only shift." He said. I rolled my eyes.
"I can't not stare at her when I see her. She's just like... amazing." Bob said. I laughed.
"Shut up! Don't even pretend you've never stared at a hot guy at the grocery store." Ray said. I shrugged.
"See!" Bob said as he pointed at me.
"Yeah, I've stared, but I don't discuss!" I said, standing up.
"Because your only friends are guys... Who would you discuss with?" Ray asked. I rolled my eyes.
"You guys are not my only friends!" I said stomping my foot. Ray laughed.
"When's the last time you spoke to a girl, without insulting her?" Ray asked. I began to answer, but was interrupted by Bob.
"Your mom and teachers don't count."
"Well, fuck you guys! It's not like I couldn't make friends with some girls if I wanted to!" I said, crossing my arms over my chest. Ray and Bob gave me a once-over and laughed again.
"What's so fucking funny?" I demanded.
"Combat boots, your stepdad's hand-me-down Levi's that are older than you are, a white t-shirt, and a plaid flannel overshirt. Yeah, you're a real chick." Bob said, pointing to each item of clothing as he mocked them. I glared at him as Ray began to cut into me.
"And when's the last time you brushed your hair? You look like you've got rats nesting in that ponytail of yours." Ray said, pointing to my hair. I looked over to Gerard, but he wasn't paying attention. This battle would have to be fought alone.
"You're one to talk about fucked up hair, Toro!" I said, pointing to the giant fro on top of his head. He shrugged.
"The ladies dig the fro." He said, attempting to run his fingers through his hair. I rolled my eyes.
"Your mom doesn't count." I said before storming off toward my house. Having all guy friends really sucked sometimes.


I walked into the hardware store with my stepdad trailing behind me. Gerard came out from behind his register as I walked to the paint aisle.
"What're you guys painting this weekend?" He asked as I stared intently at the swatches.
"Oh, it's not a job. My mom's letting me paint my room. Steven didn't book anything for the two of us to do for this weekend, since it's summer." I said as I continued to look at the swatches of paint.
"You want to come over tonight and watch Rocky Horror with me and Mikey?" Gerard asked, changing the subject. He did that whenever I talked about going to stay with my dad. I smiled.
"Sure, why not?" I asked as I grabbed a dark blue swatch from the wall. Geraard took it from me and walked behind the paint counter.
"Now, do you like this color exactly the way it is? Because I can make it brighter, or darker, or lighter." He said as he grabbed three paint cans. I shrugged my shoulders.
"I kinda like it the way it is." I said. He shrugged his shoulders and handed me the cans of paint.
"I don't need three cans of paint for my room..." I said, handing one back.
"On-" He began as a shreik rang out through the entire store. I put the paint on the floor and looked off in the direction the scream had come from. Gerard cocked his eyebrow as the scream rang out again. After a minute, he ran off in the direction the scream had come from, and I followed closely behind. When we finally made it over to the screamming blonde, I couldn't help but laugh. She looked completely out of place, with her freshly dyed blonde hair, and her Hollister T-shirt. Not to metion she was screaming about a spider. I walked over to the spider, and pulled a napkin out of my pocket. The girl stared at me, horrified, as I picked up the spider.
"Did you see how big that thing was?" She asked Gerard as I walked over to the end of the aisle and let the spider loose. She cringed and I laughed again.
"It was a spider Hillary... A spider. If my dad was here you'd be out of a job." Gerard said. That was when I noticed that she was wearing a smock. She was the girl they had been talking about while we waited for Mikey and Frankie. My heart sunk as Gerard followed her every movement as she walked back t her register.
What does she have that I don't? I thought as he turned hs attention back to me. But I wasn't paying attention any more. All I could think about was the things Bob and Ray had pointed out earlier in the day.
"I'm sorry... I have to go." I mumbled as I ran through the aisle we were standing in and out the door.
"Abbey, come back here!" Gerard shouted as he followed me out the front door. I kept running, hoping that I'd make it to the end of the block before he caught up with me. He couldn't go past the end of the block while he was working. I got to the end of the block, and kept running. Gerard stopped and screamed after me, but I kept going until I got to the drug store. I ran inside and said hello to my grandpa behind the counter. He waved and watched me as I walked back to the magazine rack. I grabbed Seventeen magazine, and flipped through it. I put that on the floor next to me I checked out Cosmo Girl, and Teen Vogue. They were both added to my pile. I picked them up, and handed them to my grandpa.
"I'm going to grab a few more things, but will you you hold these for me?" I asked. He looked down at the titles and smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and walked back to the makeup aisle. I grabbed eyeliner, mascara, and foundation. I looked up and down the aisle and I noticed the hair dye boxes. I smiled and headed toward them. I looked at all the different shades of blonde before picking the lightest one I could find. My grandpa stared at me in shock as I put everything on the counter.
"You got a hot date?" He asked. I shook my head. He shrugged his shoulders and handed me the magazines from under the counter. I reached for my wallet, but he stopped me.
"It's on the house." He said as he put everything into a bag. I smiled and grabbed the bag. When I walked outside, my stepdad's truck was sitting in front of the door.I got in and said nothing. When we got home, I bolted for the front door and locked myself into my bathroom.
Sign up to rate and review this story