Categories > Anime/Manga > Ranma 1/2 > Ohara Devils

Sky Island and God?

by CrossoverFanatic 0 reviews

Ranma's journey to becoming the greatest pirate, well not really...

Category: Ranma 1/2 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Crossover - Characters: Ranma - Published: 2006-03-23 - Updated: 2006-03-23 - 4031 words

0Unrated
Ohara Devils

By CrossoverFanatic

Chapter 2 - Sky Island and God?

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters who are originally from Ranma 1/2 or One Piece... even if I could own them, I'd much rather prefer to just create my own characters that can rival them in every shape and form.

Summary: Ranma's journey to becoming the greatest pirate, well not really...
======================
"characters talking"

'characters thinking'
======================
"...What were you thinking, Senchou (Captain)!!!"

Ranma groggily awoke to the sounds of angry screaming, not to mention the ground seemed to be rocking up and down. He smacked his lips a few times, before flopping back onto the bed and covering himself with a blanket.

"Normally, I wouldn't agree with the idiot but he makes a valid point."

"That's right!!! ......Hey, I'm not an idiot, you stupid barracuda!!!"

Ranma just groaned and turned over. Geez, who was making all that racket? Maybe Jii-chan was entertaining guests...

Jii-chan...?

"Jii-chan!!!" Ranma shouted as he completely woke up, and jumped out of the bed. He stared, with wide-eyes, at the unfamiliar faces in the unfamiliar environment and his sight started to get blurry. Tears poured down his face, and he fell onto his knees and covered his face with his hands, "JII-CHAN!!! WAHHH!!!"

A women knelt down and gently hugged the sobbing boy close to her, "Shhh, don't cry little one. Everything's going to be okay now."

"Alright... so maybe it wasn't such a bad idea to take the kid with us," Kano, the navigator, withdrew his previous complaints.

Fudo, the swordsman, just sighed and reluctantly nodded in agreement, "What this kid needs more than anything else right now are friends, so I guess we......" He was interrupted by cheering from outside on the deck and finished with another statement, "...finally arrived, about damn time too."

Gold Rogers looked at the young boy crying into the woman's bosom and just groaned, "Oi gaki (brat), how long are you going to be crying for?"

"Senchou!!!" Hoshi, the sexy female chef of the ship, angrily yelled out. The sobbing boy just growled and rushed the older man, only to cry out in pain when he was swiftly kicked into the opposite wall.

"You bastard," Ranma sniffed as he shakily got back to his feet, "How can you act like nothing's happened?! My entire family's gone because of those stupid marines......"

"Who says I'm ignoring what's happened? Thousands of people were mercilessly killed off by the government's declaration of war. I can't ignore something so serious," Rogers walked towards the exit along with his swordsman and navigator, "But know this gaki, what's done is done. There's nothing that can be done to change the past, so there's no point in beating yourself up for what's happened. The only thing you can do is walk forward into the future and fulfill your dreams......" He turned his head to stare at Ranma, "Didn't you say that you wanted to become a pirate to make your grandfather proud? So instead of crying like a little baby, you should be trying your best to become a kaizoku of the seas."

Ranma glared at the man's back as he and his crew walked off. "He's got a point, Ranma-chan," He turned his head to see Hoshi brushing off her clothes, "You mustn't dwell in the past and succumb to depression, you should live... live for the people you love...!!! After all, if you won't carry on their memories, who will?" With that said, she walked out the door leaving the poor boy by himself.

'Live, huh?' He thought in sadness, 'How can I live...? What's the point of fulfilling your dreams, if... if you have no one to share it with?'

He slowly dragged his feet towards his backpack and took out a book, detailing the history about Ohara Island. As he stared at the book with teary eyes, he recalled an important lecture his grandfather once gave him......

======== Ohara (3 Years ago) =======
A 4-year old Ranma popped his bubble gum and his face got covered in green goo. "Ranma, pay attention!!!" He jerked up at the angry shout and immediately straightened up. Dr. Clover walked over to his grandson and peeled the gum off his face and wiped his face of the sticky residue, "What I'm about to tell you is very important."

Clover opened up a collapsible-pointer and slam it against a map of the world, "History!!!" He yelled out causing the young boy to jump, "... without it, we would not have been able to discover as much as we did about our ancestors and what they accomplished in their lifetimes. It's thanks to these books that we get the chance to see through a window to the past."

He knelt down in front of the boy, and lightly patted his head, "Always remember this Ranma, history is very precious to humanity. History is proof that we existed, and that we've accomplished great deeds and helped to improve the world. With these books, we can learn from past mistakes made by our ancestors and pave the road to the future for children like you. Without history, how will anyone remember the past? Take pride in the fact that you hold within you the blood of many great archaeologists and make known throughout the world of everything that has happen and everything that will happen......"

Clover sweatdropped when the boy suddenly tilted over and began snoring. He got an anger mark on his forehead, and bonked his grandson over the head, "Pay attention, Ranma!!!"
======== End Flashback =======

Ranma curled his body into a ball and started to cry again, "Jii-chan... I'm so sorry, I couldn't protect......" He raised his head a little to eye the history book that he dropped on the floor, "Jii-chan, minna (everyone), you all risk your lives to uncover and protect the history of the world, the least I can do is continue your legacy and risk my own life as well." His eyes narrowed and clenched his fist as he thought of the Marines and the World Government, "... and may god help those who get in my way."

He opened up his backpack and put the history book back in, but then took out a photo album and skimmed through some of the images of his past. "Robin..." He stared at the picture of him and the young girl kissing at her birthday party, "... I wonder, are you still alive? I know Jii-chan and Olvia-san wouldn't let anything happen to you. If you are still alive... don't worry, I'll come for you soon. Just hang in there and be strong, persevere through the loneliness until I can find you."

He closed the photo album and put it back in his backpack. Wiping the tears off his face, he walked out the exit, and towards his new future, 'Minna... I'll make you proud of me.'

"You're a pirate, aren't you?" Rogers and Hoshi turned around to face the sniffling Ranma who walked out the room, "So what if I am?" The captain asked.

Ranma answered by dropping onto his hands and knees, "Please let me join your crew!!!" he begged, "I don't care what I have to do, just please let me join!!!"

Hoshi smiled at the request, while Rogers just raised an eyebrow, "Do you know who I am gaki?"

Ranma shook his head from his position on the floor, "Have you ever heard of Gold D. Rogers, he's rather famous for being the first person to fight against the world government and becoming a pirate......"

The boy lifted his head and looked confused, "So... what does that have to do with anything?" He was stunned into silence when the Pirate King just looked away, "You mean you're...?"

"Well enough of this," Rogers interrupted, making Hoshi giggle, "You're so shy, D-san. Ranma-chan obviously admires your past accomplishments, you're a celebrity!!!" She laughed in amusement some more, while he just growled in embarrassment and turned to the boy who had stars in his eyes. "Oi, quit staring at me like that, you're freaking me out. Why don't you take a look around instead..." The boy did so and his eyes widened in shock. "What the hell?!?!" He screamed out as he gawked at the endless amount of cloud and nothing but cloud, "Where's the ocean!!! I can't even see any land!!! What the hell is this!!!"

"... This is the life of a pirate, gaki!!!" Rogers proclaimed, "Exploring the unknown, facing countless dangers, fighting against creatures that are considered monsters even by real monsters. Do you really think you're prepared for such a strenuous life?"

Rogers looked down and was surprised to see that the boy was missing, "Where did he...?" A few seconds later, he saw Ranma climbed back onto the ship holding a giant piece of cloud under his arm. The pirate-king had no idea when boy left the ship or how he even got back up, 'There's no ladder there...'

Afterwards the young archeologist sat down on the deck, and started experimenting with his new specimen while scribbling down notes in a small book. "Oi, are you even paying attention to me gaki!!!" Rogers was, once again, ignored as the boy continued to poke and nudge the cloud, all the while mumbling to himself. "Eh, did you say something, D-san?" Ranma asked, without even looking up from his notepad. He held up a piece of the cloud and carefully poked it again, then quickly went back to writing, "The cloud-like substance seems to be comprised of a fluffy material, incredibly soft yet quite durable..."

The pirate king heard a small giggle and felt a hand lightly touch his shoulder, he turned back to Hoshi and saw her nod in affirmation, "D-san, give him a chance, he's got the blood of an explorer in him and I don't think he's going to accept 'no' for a answer anyway. If anything he'll just stalk you and make your life a living hell until you accept him as a crew member." Rogers just shivered at the memory of his past tortures by a certain pushy woman who couldn't accept 'no' for an answer. "Gee, now why does that sound so familiar...?" Hoshi just smiled brightly, she already knew his decision was going to be, he was such a big softy.

"Oh come on Hoshi, you could at least look as if you don't know what I'm going to say," Rogers grumbled, making her giggle, and then he looked at the boy's ecstatic expression and found himself faltering. "Dammit, being pushed around by an insubordinate crewmate and a small brat," He rubbed the back of his head and sighed in exasperation, "Fine, I'll let him join but only if he's strong enough, hehehe and I know just the way to test it too," He chuckled darkly and rubbed his hands together in an evil fashion.

Ranma paused in his writing to stare at the crazy old man laughing manically, 'Why's he laughing, is he an idiot?' While Hoshi just sighed and palmed her face in exasperation, 'What an idiot!!!'

"Senchou!!!" All three looked to the shore to see the rest of the crew walking towards the ship with several unknown people following them. Miki, the sniper of the group, stepped forward and introduced a bearded old man, "I'd like to introduce Gon Foru... he's ummm..." Miki hesitated a little since he had no idea how to say this, "Well apparently he's Kami-sama (God)..." The two more-experienced pirates on the ship had blank faces, how was one supposed to respond to the introduction of Kami-sama himself?

Seeing that D-san and Hoshi-chan weren't going to say anything, the newest member of the crew decided to take charge, "Who are you trying to fool, old man!!!" Ranma leapt onto the side of the ship and pointed his finger right at Gon Foru, "I know God is supposed to be old and everything, but someone as frail, skinny, and wrinkly like you can't possibly be Kami-sama!!! Not to mention, ummm... you smell like week-old cabbage!!!" That wasn't exactly true, but he needed to get more insults in to prove his point.

Everyone sweatdropped as the boy looked quite proud of himself for revealing the smelly old man to be an imposter, until Rogers smacked him over the head causing him to fall off the ship, face-first, into the cloud ground.

"Please forgive the rude brat," Rogers apologized as he walked off the ship towards Gon Foru, with Hoshi trying her best to get Ranma out of the cloud, "He isn't able to grasp the times when to keep his mouth shut."

The pirate-king extended his hand and introduced himself, "Gold D. Rogers." The god of Sky Island grasped the man's hand and firmly shook it, "Gon Foru." Suddenly a third hand clamped over the two, "Saotome Ranma," They looked down and saw the young boy grinning up at them, covered in cloud, "Super Archeologist-Pirate Extraordinaire!!!"

Rogers just grunted in embarrassment and soundly kicked him away, "Urusei, gaki (Shut up, brat). Who ever said that you were a member of this pirate crew anyway?"

Hearing this, Ranma shot up in shock, "What!!! I thought I could join, you said so yourself!!!"

"Oh, so you were eavesdropping on our conversation from before," Rogers heard a throat clear from behind and turned around to look at his three crewmates, "What's wrong?"

"Senchou, are you really going to let this kid join our crew?" Fudo asked. He was known as the strongest swordsman in the world with good reason too, his only weapon was a rapier which he always kept by his side.

"You got to be joking. Just look at him, he's only what, 4? 5?" Kano ridiculed, causing Ranma to puff up his cheeks in anger. His navigations skills were extraordinary, he was the only person alive who was able to successfully navigate through the Grand Line without the use of a Log Pose. He also had impressive fighting skills, earning the title of 'The Man with the Golden Punch.'

"What a rare treat, it's good to see you two agreeing with each other for once," Miki commented. The two looked at him, then at each other and finally turned away in a huff, "There's no way I'd ever side with this dumbass," Both shouted at once, then they glared at each other and growled, "What did you say?!?! You wanna fight, punk!!!"

Suddenly a large shadow appeared to loom over them, growing smaller and smaller by the second, of course the only one to notice this was the gunman. Finally before the two rivals could beat each other up, Hoshi came out of nowhere and stomped them into the ground, "Miki-kun, it's your job to watch over these two idiots. So why were you just standing there?"

Miki just shrugged, "Eh, it's just too troublesome." This man was a very gifted marksman, capable of shooting down a target from miles away, only with his special sniper-rifle. But even with a regular gun or a tiny pebble and slingshot, he'd be able to shoot the wings off a moving fly without killing it.

Hoshi just growled in frustration, why did she get stuck traveling with this group of idiots. She was a remarkable cook who was able to take a few pieces of bread and slices of meat and turn it into a gourmet meal. Her combat skill was a secret to everybody with the exception of the Captain and the Big Three. Rumors among the crew speculated that she was a really a kicker-type like the famous pirate-cook Zeff the 'Red Leg.' Once she admitted that she did indeed fight using her legs, but stated her kicking skills were much different from Zeff's.

"Hey, I'm still here you know!!!" Ranma yelled out, angry at being ignored, causing everyone to look at him, "Now hear this, I'm a part of this pirate crew whether you like it or not!!!" Then he narrowed his eyes at the captain, and spoke in a soft but deadly tone, "And if you don't let me join old man, then I'm gonna make your life a living hell......"

Rogers looked apprehensive at the boy's dark expression, and Hoshi just giggled at the irony, "I told you so, D-san."

'Great, another psycho after my head...' Rogers thought in agony but just then got a brilliant idea that might get the kid off his back. He walked over to Gon Foru and whispered his plan into his ear, "...I know we just met and all, but this would help me out a lot." Kami-sama nodded and relayed the plan over to his guards, which they reluctantly agreed to only because of the determined look on their leader's face.

"Alright, gaki. I'll let you join only on two conditions, first is that you have to defeat all of Kami-sama's royal guards," Rogers told the young boy, who looked over at the men and silently counted, 12 in all.

"What's the second?" Ranma questioned with a loss of breath, 'Why is it so hard to breath all of a sudden?' He silently wondered, there was something wrong with the air up here, 'Wait, up here? Shit, the air pressure must be low... but I can't forfeit now...'

"Well, there's no point in telling you that now, since it wouldn't really matter if you lose the first challenge," Rogers raised an eyebrow as the boy started to breath pretty hard, "You okay, gaki?" He hastily nodded and walked over to the guards who were smiling, all of them thinking that this was going to be an easy victory.

'Condescending bastards...' Ranma angrily thought, then he quickly rushed the closest man and jumped up to kick him across the head, sending him straight into the cloud-ground. "I have to warn you, in preparation of becoming a pirate, I spent the last 3 years studying and training from various martial arts books." He took off his shirt to show off an impressive sculpted body, one that even adults would envy. This action caused the remaining men to hesitate, "It's just one kid, who the hell cares if he's ripped."

"Yeah, plus he's from the Blue Seas, he shouldn't be able to breath that well up here."

With these points in mind, all of them rushed the young boy who wasn't able to respond quickly enough to dodge a punch to the face and then a kick to the stomach, and was sent tumbling across the ground.

"Ranma-chan!!!" Hoshi yelled out in worry, as the boy wasn't moving anymore. Fudo held her by the shoulder to keep her from rushing over, "Don't worry, my instincts are telling me that the kid isn't all that hurt."

She knew better than to question the swordsman's instincts, so she just continued to watch in silence. The only reason Ranma wasn't moving was because he was trying to get his body back to normal. 'Okay, start off by taking short, shallow breaths to quickly get oxygen into the lungs,' He did just that to get his breath back. 'Then take a long, deep breath and hold it in, until I can get used to atmosphere up here,' He breathed in deeply and tested how long he could hold it in, 'Around 3 minutes... wow, not bad for a shrimp like me.'

The young pirate continued to play dead until one of the guards walked over to check on him. When he got close enough, Ranma flipped onto his hand and grabbed the guard's neck in between his legs then slammed it into the ground. He then rolled backwards and drop-kicked him in the stomach causing the man's imbedded body to go plowing through the cloud-ground, several feet away.

Ranma exhaled when he felt his lungs burning, 'Okay, I have to take into account that oxygen depletes faster under stress and constant movement.' He deeply inhaled again just in time to dodge a right hook-punch, then punched the man under his armpit and strongly head-butted him in the crouch.

The rest of the men skidded to a stop when they saw their fellow man's eyes rolled back and his mouth started to foam up. "Hey, that's cheating!!!" One of them screamed in protest, "You can't hit under the belt!!!"

Ranma just scoffed, "I'm a pirate, you morons!!! Whoever said I was going to fight fair, plus don't you think you're being a little hypocritical, I mean they are 12... well, were 12 of you and only 1 of me."

"...There's that word again, just what is a pirate anyway?" Another man wondered outloud, just before Ranma rushed over and punched him in the crouch as well.

"Hey, we weren't ready!!!" This one got punched in the family jewels as well, not to mention sustained a hairline-fracture in his jaw when Ranma hopped up to head-butt him. 'Heh, Jii-chan always did say I had a hard head and that I should put it to good use,' He somersaulted backwards to avoid a low spin-kick. "Matte (wait)..." He whispered as he landed, and started to inhale and exhale, "I can breathe normally!!!"

"Yosh, now you're gonna get it!!!" Ranma charged the group of men, when one of them panicked and aimed a shell at him, 'What's that, a seashell...?' His pondering was cut off when he felt excruciating pain in his head, and his body was roughly propelled backwards.

"You fool, what were you thinking!!!" One of the guards harshly berated his frightened ally, who had used 'Impact Dial,' and slapped him across the face.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry," He rapidly mumbled and his body started to shake in fear and shock, "I got scared, that kid's not normal. You saw how he fought, I panicked!!!"

"That's no excuse, you...!!!" He paused when he stared with wide eyes at an unimaginable scene, "...It can't be," He mumbled in shock, as the bruised boy slowly get back to his feet and wiped the blood off his mouth.

Ranma stumbled forward and clutched his head in pain, "You sons of bitches, that really hurt. I can't even see straight anymore." He tried to take another step forward but lurched forward, finally succumbing to the pain and losing consciousness. Before it could hit the floor, his body was caught by Hoshi, who gently cradled the boy close to her.

"Rogers, I am so sorry for what happened," Gon Foru apologized, "Please let me get medical attention for the child." Rogers wasn't even paying attention as he just stared at the unconscious child with a speculating gaze in his eyes. "Senchou," He was brought back to reality when Kano touched his shoulder, "Gon Foru-san is offering medical attention for Ranma."

"Oh yes, please we'd greatly appreciate it," Rogers quickly said. Gon Foru nodded and instructed his men to take the boy and the other unconscious men to the infirmary, Hoshi went along as well to make sure nothing happened.

"Did you all see that?" The pirate-king asked his men, and they nodded, "You know, I wasn't planning on letting that kid join since he's so young and wouldn't be ready for the sea just yet, but after seeing this performance I think I've changed my mind."

Miki just 'hmmed,' and still looked unconvinced, "Senchou, being physically strong is one thing, but do you think that he's mentally prepared?"

After a few seconds, Rogers just grinned in response, making all of them groan and moan at the upcoming headache which was surely going to arise from yet another of their captain's insane plans.

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-
Author's Comments (R&R)
-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-

Well that was it, pretty boring chapter since it only introduces a whole bunch of characters. I was going to add more stuff onto it but when I stopped here since I thought it was a pretty good cliff-hanger. Not much else to say, more will be revealed about my new characters. Also, I'll try to put more action in the upcoming chapters since this one just seemed too bland for me.

A little preview, the next chapter will reveal what Ranma's devil fruit power will be and an extra surprise to all those who actually read or watched the Sky Island Arc...
Sign up to rate and review this story