Categories > Original > Fantasy > Dancing with Darkness

Dancing with Darkness

by BlackasNight 0 reviews

Cale and Ann's lives take a dramatic turn for the worst when they find a sword in their aunt's attic.

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Fantasy, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-03-23 - Updated: 2006-03-24 - 456 words

0Unrated
Without thinking, Cale tugged the sword free of its scabbard. The hilt fit easily into his hand. So easily, it seemed to have been made specifically for him. Cale didn't stop to ponder this mircle; he sped down the stairs, sword in hand. Ann stared after her brother, then trotted dazedly after him, convinced that she was having some sort of bizzare dream, and that she'd wake up in a minute. Cale, meanwhile, charged into the living room, where a strange sight met his eyes. Standing around his aunt, were five ninjas. They looked like they'd just jumped out of a comic, weird outfits and all. But that wasn't the half of it. A smokin' hot girl Cale's age, wearing a shimmering red dress, stood in front of the fireplace, holding her hands out to a roaring fire. Snow coated her hair and boots. That's odd. Cale thought dimly. It's the middle of summer. She turned to face him, and he sucked in his breath. The view from the front was just as pretty as the view behind. The girl had piercing green eyes, that made Cale's heart beat like mad. "Cale...Rogers, is it?" She said, her voice soft. Just the sound of her voice made Cale's heart skip a beat. "Y-yes." He stammered. His tongue felt thick in his mouth. She moved closer to him, so close, he could feel her sweet breath on his cheek. She put her arms around his waist, and pressed her slim body close to his. Cale's mind was so clouded, he couldn't form a single, cohearent thought. His heart threatened to come out of his chest, it was beating so hard and so fast... He wondered if she could hear it... She leaned in and their lips were almost touching... "GET YOUR SLUTTY HANDS OFF MY BROTHER!!" Ann screamed, lunging at the girl. She landed on top of her, tearing her away from Cale. His head cleared, and his face heated with shame and anger. He brought the sword up, his grip tightening on the hilt. He jumped at the struggling girls, but before he could pick a target, a ninja got in the way, blocking his sword thrust. As they fought, Ann pulled the other girl's hair, bit, scratched, kicked- basically any means of harming her opponent. The girl threw her off and got to her feet. Ann tackled her again, shouting insults at the top of her voice. She never saw the ninja coming... Cale saw his sister fall, and redoubled his efforts. But,in the end, they brought him down too. The girl tossed her shiny black hair and glared down at her two unconscious captives. "Take them away." She said with a haughty sniff.
Sign up to rate and review this story