Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Equinox

I'm Just Venting

by rawrlittledino 4 reviews

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Warnings: [!!!] [V] - Published: 2009-02-19 - Updated: 2009-04-06 - 2534 words - Complete

1Hot
“What was that address that we had for those goth vampires? They’ve been terrorising our street and it’s getting on my nerves now,” Patrick looked up from his desk and looked at where Izzy was looking through files in the glass cabinet.

“Third paper wallet in the second drawer down, five, no, six pages in.” Izzy laughed and found the address she was looking for.

“You’re so sad for knowing the exact page." She laughed again. "No, you’re not sad, you’re a freak of nature.” Patrick glared playfully and stood up, walking to where she was stood next to the cabinet. She jumped as he tapped her on the shoulder and laughed at his attempt at an angry glare.

“You’re fooling no-one you know, I know you’re not mad at me...” He laughed and grabbed her waist, making her giggle and put the file on the table next to them.

“You know me too well. I’m going to have to start keeping some secrets, you know way too much about me missy.” She raised her eyebrows.

“Fine, but you don’t get to know my secret that I was going to tell you.” Patrick gasped.

“Tell me...” He wined, and she giggled.

“I...” Patrick raised his eyebrows.

“You...” She laughed and poked his chest playfully.

“Love you,” He rolled his eyes.

“That was your secret? That was pathetic.” She gasped and sat at his computer.

“Pathetic? You’re the pathetic one.” He rolled his eyes again and laughed as she played a song through his computer.

“Dude, I know you know this song,” She laughed and pulled him in the middle of the room, and he twirled her around. They danced around the room before collapsing on the sofa laughing. Patrick turned his head to see Izzy smiling at him, and sighed, reminding himself that they had work to do. He stared at her features, and sighed again. He looked at her newly jet black eyes, and noticed the underlying sadness in them. He cupped her face with his hand and smiled. As they kissed slightly, Patrick could feel the cold from her skin, something he had still not gotten used to. After a minute or so they broke for air, and Patrick looked at her left hand, eyeing the ring he had placed there a few weeks before. Izzy noticed this, and frowned.

“If you don’t want to get married anymore, just say...” Patrick snapped his head up at her and shook his head.

“No! No, I don’t mean that, I still want to marry you. It’s just...” He trailed off and she looked down understanding.

“I got turned. It’s weird. I get it.” She sighed and stood up, knowing full well that her being turned meant she and Patrick could never spend their lives together. Patrick knew this in the back of his mind too, and couldn’t stop himself from letting a tear escape his eye as she walked out of the room.


~~~

Patrick woke with a jolt, and felt himself become depressed at the dream he was having. He remembered that day – it was the day he realised he was never going to be truly happy. He could cope with living in a world with monsters, he could cope with living as a servant to the public, giving up any spare time to getting rid of the world’s evil. He could cope with all of that as long as he had her. Then she got turned into one of them, a monster. He lost her the day she got bitten. She was never the same after that, her eyes showed evil, not love, as they had done for years. He sighed, and pulled himself off of his bed, reaching for a hoodie and looking at the alarm clock next to his bed before sighing and heading downstairs. Andy and Joe were already eating their breakfast, while Pete was in the corner sipping red liquid from a glass. His eyes were distant, and the three men knew not to disturb him in the evenings. Patrick sat at the kitchen island, and grabbed a piece of toast from the plate in front of him. They were all quiet, all thinking of the same thing.

Are we going to see her tonight?

~~~

“Mel I’m not coming out with you tonight, I’m hunting.” Mel rolled her eyes and followed Izzy to the front door like a lost puppy.

“But you’ve never hunted in Chicago, you’ve not got a reputation here...” Izzy smirked slightly.

“Actually I have, my reputation precedes me it seems,” Mel folded her arms and sighed.

“Fine. But you get yourself killed and I’m never talking to you again.” Izzy laughed and waved as she left, and Mel was left to keep herself busy till sunrise.

~~~

After getting to her meeting point, Izzy waited for the rest of them to arrive, tapping her foot impatiently, before she felt someone approach behind her. Turning around she rolled her eyes at Daniel who trotted up next to her.

“Do you have to sneak up on me like that?” She wined, and he laughed slightly.

“Dude, you can sense stuff better than anyone I know, no-one could ever sneak up on you, please.” She shrugged and turned to him.

“Where is everyone? They were supposed to be here an hour ago.” Daniel shrugged too.

“I don’t know. You know them, they’re never on time. Besides, there’s six of them, they don’t really want to attract attention to-” He got cut off by laughs and shouts behind them, and they turned to see three girls and three guys walking towards them. Daniel looked back at Izzy.
“I take back what I said, maybe they do want to attract attention to themselves.” Izzy laughed and hugged the girls that had just arrived.

“Izzy! Where the hell have you been? Two fucking years and I don’t see you, what’s up with that?” Izzy smiled weakly and explained what had happened, and the girl raised her eyebrows.

“So you’re this infamous hunter then? The most powerful vamp of New York...” Izzy nodded.

“I guess, but don’t boost my ego, I don’t need it.” She winked and the girl smirked, and they caught up on old times. The rest of the gang stood in and listened, a few of them watching out for hidden lurkers in the nearby alleyways. Izzy told them about Patrick and the guys reluctantly, as they had never met them, only heard a few stories. After an hour or so, they heard footsteps from a few blocks away, and turned their heads in the direction they knew someone was coming from. After a few minutes, silhouettes appeared down the street and they all widened their eyes at the figures coming towards them. Laura pushed Izzy behind them. Normally she would’ve fought back, but the only person stronger than her was headed their way, and she knew who they were after. Her.

“Really? I know exactly where she is, you're not exactly the most inconspicuous crowd,” He shouted, aiming the sound her way and she took a deep breath. But before she could step forward one of the girls approached him.

“Oh William darling, please don’t hurt us, we are but mere servants to all your wishes,” She stared at him and he laughed at her dramatic arm flare.

“I’m not in the mood for girlish games tonight, just send her over here.” But before she could reply, a car pulled around the corner and drove up to where the two gangs were gathered. Izzy noticed the huge logo on the bonnet and snuck around a corner of the nearest alleyway before any of them saw her. They got out of the car, and she saw Pete head to the front of the four, knowing he was the strongest of them, purely for the fact he had been turned. He eyed William and snarled, and before William could retaliate, Pete darted towards him and pinned him to the floor. The street turned into chaos; suddenly fights were breaking out everywhere, and Izzy was the only one left unaffected by the brawls. She chose to stay and watch, knowing William was the only threat out there to them, and she would step in if he got too close to hurting anyone. Pete was still fighting him, however it was obvious that Pete had not been trained; William was merely playing with him. Izzy darted her eyes to the other people she feared for, and her eyes found Patrick near the car, shooting stakes left, right and centre to anyone who came his way. She realised she couldn’t take her eyes off of him. He hadn’t changed much; his hair was shorter, and he was wearing new glasses. But that was it, he was exactly how she remembered him.

Bar one thing; his wedding ring was gone.

~~~

“Dude, I really can’t go through with this,” Patrick paced up and down the room, Pete rolling his eyes every time Patrick muttered something.

“You’re marrying the love of your life, of course you can do it,” Patrick stopped in front of Pete and stared at him.

“I’m marrying someone who won’t age, at all, ever, while I’m getting older by the fucking minute. If we ever have kids it’ll be like fucking cross-breeding, and even if she does get killed by a stake or something, and if there is a heaven, she won’t fucking get in cause she’s a monster!” Patrick was yelling by the end of the sentence and Pete stared back at him.

“But you love her.” Patrick stopped ranting and looked at Pete.

“You’re right. I know, you’re right. It’s just-” Pete cut him off.

“I know. But you love her. You’ll find ways around these things, just know that you love her.” Patrick nodded and smiled, and someone knocked on the door. Pete opened it and smiled at the woman standing there.

“You look gorgeous Evie,” Evie smiled and he opened the door wider so she could see Patrick.

“Patrick, we’re starting.” He looked up nervously and Pete gave him a nod of approval, and they walked out of the room.


~~~

As she watched him shoot down a few more vampires, she crunched her eyebrows together as something bothered her. She looked around carefully, and noticed William had shaken Pete off for a few minutes, and he looked around. He made eye contact with her, and smirked evilly, and she knew he was planning something. He looked back into the crowds, and darted towards Patrick. Izzy widened her eyes and ran, as fast as she could, to block him from getting to Patrick. She got there just in time, and kicked him in the gut as he came flying towards them. He flew backwards from her kick, and landed on the floor with a thud. He scowled as he pulled himself up and dusted himself off. He was about to charge at the group when one of his vampires turned to him.

"The sun will be up soon, sir," William sighed heavily. He turned to the group and frowned.

"This is your lucky day." He growled, and before the others in the street could notice, William and the Dandies had disappeared.

Izzy took a deep breath before turning slowly to see Patrick about half a metre away from her. He stood completely still, and his eyes were wide, glistening with the start of tears. Izzy turned around and began to walk away, but was startled at the timid voice from behind her.

“Izzy.” Patrick mumbled, barely audible enough to hear. She stopped, closed her eyes and turned back around slowly, everyone around them watching quietly. Patrick looked up and down at her as she turned, and realised she looked just as beautiful as the day she left. Her blonde hair was longer than before, it was at her waist now, and her clothing had gotten darker and more menacing. But other than that, she was still the woman he had married, and all the reasons he fell in love with her came flooding back at that moment. She started to walk back to him, and he widened his eyes even more as she came within touching distance of him once more.

“Patrick.” She whispered, and he choked on the air he was breathing slightly.

“You’re...” He seemed unable to speak in her presence, memories were flooding back and it was too much for him to process. She had just saved his life, and he realised that the old Izzy could have returned. “You’re back...” He mumbled, almost incoherently. She nodded slowly.

“I am, I got away but they followed me here. I’m keeping them off my tail though...” He nodded, not believing that they were having a conversation with each other. He said something that had been burning in his mind since he knew she was back.

“Do you remember? Us? Everything that happened?” He blurted, and Izzy winced at how eagerly and loudly it came out of his mouth. He regretted saying it that harshly too, as he apologised under his breath for his word vomit.

“It’s fine... Yes, Patrick, I do. Everything. I know I seemed different when I left, but I had to, for your safety, everyone’s safety,” He seemed surprised, but smiled slightly, a smile so small that only Izzy could see it. She smiled back, and regretted it instantly. She was letting herself back in, letting herself want to be back with them and that wasn’t right.

“I have to go, I’m sorry, Patrick.” He looked distraught when she said this, and grabbed her wrist as she went to go. They both looked shocked at the action, and people standing and watching silently looked at each other. Izzy could feel herself wanting to be with him again, and the longer he held onto her wrist the more she just wanted to kiss him. Patrick wanted the same, and everyone around them knew that they were both in danger of falling for each other again. Joe was the first one to pluck up the courage to interrupt them, and stepped up behind Izzy.

“This is all lovely and stuff, but if we don’t get the hell out of here, those idiots are going to come back. Either that or I’m going to piss myself right here and now because I’m fucking desperate for the toilet,” Izzy shook her head, and Patrick let go of her wrist as they came out of their daze. She looked around at the people standing around quietly and shook her head once more. She didn’t need this, she didn’t want to let herself back in. She locked eyes with Patrick once more, whispered an ‘I’m sorry’ to anyone who was close enough to hear, and within seconds, she was gone.
Sign up to rate and review this story