Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep your soul like a secret in your throat.

Chapter 04

by TeenxXxAngst 2 reviews

Mikey and Brooke

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero - Published: 2009-03-17 - Updated: 2009-03-18 - 1085 words

0Unrated
Back from Hawaii and here is a new chapter.
Please review. Constructive criticism is appreciated.


It had been two months since Gerard had been murdered and Mikey was doing much better. He had caught up on the homework he'd neglected and hr didn't spend all of his free time in his room. In fact he and Bob were going to a comic book signing that night. But that wasn't even the highlight of his life as of late; after every group therapy session he and Brooke would talk on their way out of this building and those were the best four minutes of Mikey's week.
His life was finally back to normal, or as close to normal as possible.


Mikey and Brooke stood under the awning of the community center.
Brooke wrapped her arms around herself. "Who knew it was going to be so cold today?" Brook asked rhetorically.
Mikey was feeling more confident than he had ever been, but that was still less confident than most people are in the most awkward situations. Mikey looked over to the parking lot for Brooke's car, he didn't see it.
"Can I walk you to your car?"

Brooke laughed. "I got it taken away for coming home past curfew, it's back to the bus for me."

Mikey smiled softly, wondering what it was like to do something that would get him grounded.
"What bus do you have to catch?"

Brooke clicked her tongue. "Uh, the 77?"

"Oh, I take the 34, it's at the same stop."

"Walk together?" Brooke asked, bumping her elbow against him.

"Sure," Mikey blushed, the fact that he was talking to this cute girl was starting to catch up to him. The fact that she was talking back to him was even more overwhelming.

Brook looked away from Mikey's face and out at the rain.
"Actually...unless you are hiding an umbrella somewhere on your person- which I doubt you are, I think we should run for it."

For a second Mikey considered his asthma but then realized that telling Brooke that he couldn't run because he might have an asthma attack would not be attractive in the least.
Mikey nodded. "Okay."

Brooke grabbed Mikey's hand, thinking nothing of it. "Come on," she began pulling him.

Mikey's heartbeat increased as he looked down at their fingers intertwined as they ran. He had never held a girl's hand before; he had never been friends with a girl before. But Brooke was not a regular friend, every week they listened to each others feelings in a group therapy session, which Mikey was sure wasn't something normal friends did.

Rounding the corner, the bus stop came into view. Mikey felt his breathing become labored and he prayed to a God he wasn't sure existed 'Please! Please, do not let me have an asthma attack now!' With Mikey's hand that was not attached to Brooke's, he ran his palm over the pocket's of his jeans, realizing that his inhaler wasn't anywhere on him. Thankfully at that point they reached the bus stop, Mikey calmed himself and tried to get his breathing back to normal.

Brooke watched. "Do you have asthma, Mikey?"

"How- how did you know?" Mikey had blown it. Girls didn't like boys with asthma.

"My sister's asthmatic, too. Do you need an inhaler? I think I have an extra one..." Brooke opened up her purse and started riffling around.

"No. No, I think I am fine. Thanks."

Brooke shrugged, closing her bag, she faced the street looking out at the rain. Now that Mikey had realized Brooke was not going to make fun of him he could relax a little. He looked at Brooke's face, her hair was soaked and he was sure his was just as wet. He loved the way she looked at this moment. Rain drops falling from the tips of her hair, her cheeks rosy from the cold. He moved his eyes lower and for the first time he realized that she was wearing a white long-sleeve shirt...a white shirt that had gotten wet and he could now see that she was wearing a black bra underneath.

Mikey knew he should look away. He was supposed to be a gentleman and gentlemen did not look at unsuspecting girls breasts. But Mikey couldn't help it. He bit his lip, thinking about what it would be like to kiss her. and then realizing there was no way in hell that she saw him as anything more than a friend. He sighed heavily. That caught Brooke's attention, she looked over at Mikey who was still looking at her chest. Brooke looked down and saw that her shirt had become see through and she laughed. Mikey came out of his dream like state to realize that he had been caught.

"I - I - I wasn't - I mean- I'm so sorry -" Mikey turned around, facing his back to her. She was still laughing. What could he do to redeem himself? She must think he was like every other perverted boy out there. Thinking quickly Mikey unzipped his hoodie and took it off, leaving him only in his short sleeved Smashing Pumpkin's tee. He shivered.

Mikey walked over to Brooke and without offering he slipped his hoodie around her shoulders. Brooke was still laughing, very softly. "Thanks."

Mikey nodded, blushing. Mikey stepped away from her and faced the street. Now waiting for their respective busses in silence. Mikey put his hands in his pockets and looked down at his feet. He vowed to himself to never look at a girls chest again, but even as Mikey thought that he knew he would not be able to stick to it.

Hearing a loud rumbling Mikey looked up and saw that Brooke's bus was approaching. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Brooke taking off his sweatshirt, he turned to her. "No, keep it."

Brooke walked over to Mikey and stood right in front of him, before Mikey could realize what was happening, Brooke had leaned in and kissed his cheek. The bus pulled up and the doors opened. Just before Brooke stepped onto the bus she looked back at a red faced Mikey and smiled.
"I'll see you next week, Mikey Way."

The doors closed and Mikey watched as the bus pulled away, driving until he couldn't see it any more. He smiled, wishing that he had a cell phone to call Bob and tell him how great he felt at that moment.
Sign up to rate and review this story