Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Double Life

by favoritexloser 4 reviews

"Let's just face the facts: he's married." Writes one celebrity columnist. Things we long for don't come the way we expect.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-03-22 - Updated: 2009-03-22 - 680 words

1Original


Let's just face the facts, ladies. He's taken, married, and no longer available. Nothing. It was either that we were too late, or he was too fast. But, it's not like we care that much anyhow. He's just a singer in this overly-popular, MTV-infested rock band. It's the 21st century, and especially in times like this, women want clean, cut, professional men. Not a greasy hair, free-spirited, psychotic-looking musician. I've been seeing the same guy for nearly a year, and what can I say? I couldn't ask for anything better. A Duke University Undergrad majoring in political science is total pwnage. If I were dating Gerard Way, let's just say my life would be pretty irritable. I've traveled with bands like My Chemical Romance on tour, and their way of living and sanitation is way beyond "ugh". They've got garbage and dirty laundry scattered everywhere and their buses reek. I'm not exactly high-class, per say, but honestly, my dog can shit cleaner than that. All I'm saying, darlings, is that although Mr. Way is married, there's no need to fret. He's way too out of our league.




I spellchecked and re-read my new blog post several times before publishing it. With over three hundred-thousand views on my blogs each week, I was constantly gaining attention and popularity on my opinions. I work for the teen magazine, Velocity, by posting up weekly blogs about celebrities, interviews, reviews, and current events on their online publication. I've been with this awesome magazine since I graduated from high school, so I've been pretty lucky with everything that's been going on so far. Lately, my boss addressed me an issue about girls (still) crying over the (not so recent) marriage of their emo teen hunger force hero, Gerard Way. Fortunately, my second cousin's daughter was one of the "victims" of this sudden "genocide". I talked her about it, and yes, she is devastated. So that's what I wrote about today on my blog. Gerard Way's marriage of a year or so (I don't exactly know how long he's been married, and neither do I desire to know).
"Allie, have you posted up your blog yet? Boss wants to know." My co-worker popped her head in my cubicle.
"Yup, I just did." I replied packing my stuff to go.
"Did you write about Rob Pattinson's new haircut?" She asked before delievering the note to my boss.
"Nahh, I wrote about Gerard Way. Thought I needed to bring back My Chemical Romance to the scene. It's been a long time since they last got recognized. And besides, I think people are a little too fed up with seeing Twilight stars everywhere."
"My Chemical Romance? Wow, that's a good topic. I was actually thinking about them the other day. They were so huge with their Black Parade album one year, and then the next they just disappear." My co-worker waved goodbye as she headed towards my boss's office. I got my things and went to time myself out for the day. Once I got out of the office building, I drove myself to the nearest Taco Bell to grab a bite. Usually, I'd make dinner for my boyfriend, but I felt like I wanted to eat alone tonight. Like, I wanted time to think about what I wrote in my blog. This doesn't always happens, you know. When I blog, I just soon forget about it after work. But this one blog just rings in my mind. Was it the way I mildly insulted and criticized Mr. Way? Did I provoke too much information for an average teenage mentality? Did it even make sense? That blog was really bothering me, but what bothered me most is that I don't have the faintest idea why it is bothering me. Have I made sense, so far? As I was waiting in line to order, one of the strangest things happened.
"I saw your blog. A little hilarious, but yet practical." He said behind me. I turned around to see if he was talking to me. And that's when I choked.
Sign up to rate and review this story