Categories > Original > Romance > My Behest

Spilt Milk

by bambi4real 2 reviews

Ward and Christian deal with the aftermath of their night together. Lots of humor in this one.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Published: 2009-03-27 - Updated: 2009-03-28 - 1366 words

1Moving
Chapter 20

Finally it's here, the 20th ch. Yeah! I thought it had been a while since I updated. No excuses. I hope you all enjoy this ch.

"Ward, come on...let's talk about this." Christian cajoled.

I could just picture his shit eating grin. My ass was killing me. I couldn't seem to catch my breath. I think I could truthfully say I hated him at this moment. This was suppose to be my perfect night and the bastard had to go and ruin it. A sob racked my body as I laid curled against the cold bathroom door.

"Ward, it isn't a big deal. I'm clean and I trust that you are considering...."

I hiccuped softly a slight shiver rippled across my arms.

"Ward, I promise next time I'll remember. Just come out." I could hear the impatience in his voice now that he realized he wasn't going to get what he wanted. "Ward! Fuck, get out here now." Christian yelled slamming against the door.

"Go away! I don't want to talk to you right now." I screamed brokenly.

I couldn't seem to catch my breath still. It wasn't that he didn't use a condom it was that he cared so little for me that he would risk my life like that. He just tried to blow it off as me being overly dramatic.

"Fuck it! I should have known fucking a virgin was a mistake. I'm outta here."

I dissolved into loud unattractive wailing. Not the tear drop kind but the deep soul shattering, nose running, spit-flying crying that was only witnessed at funerals for the dearly departed and Jonas Brothers' concerts. I couldn't stop myself and I didn't care if he could hear me. I wanted Colin. I wanted a shower. I felt so wretched. I just wanted Colin.

"Ward?! Ward, are you okay in there?"

Oh great I wanted Colin so bad that now I was imagining him here with me. "Ward, open the door. I can't help if you don't let me in." His voice was so soothing to me. I could just picture him his cheeks pressed against the door with that cute furrow between his brows.

"Colin." I whispered my voice hoarse after all the crying.

"Yeah Ward, it's me. Open up babe."

"Colin."

"Shh, baby. We can deal with this. Just open the door for me. I'm really worried about you."

I reached up and turned the lock leaving the door slightly ajar. Just that little bit of motion seemed to drain all the energy I had. Once the door was open Colin squeezed in since I was still leaning against the door.

"Oh Ward! You look a mess." He sighed.

That's my best bud always the sensitive type. I noisily sniffled and swiped at my nose. Colin got me some toilet paper to clean up a bit. He sat down behind me wrapping his arms around me. His sweater was actually kind of scratchy so I had to squirm around a bit to get comfortable. We didn't talk for a while, we just sat there his head resting on mine. I tried not to think about anything just the steady beat of his heart pressed against my ear. I don't know how long we sat there but my bum had gone numb and my legs were frozen.

"Why did you come?" I whispered breaking the silence.

"I never left." He murmured. He sounded like he was falling asleep on me.

"What do you mean that you never left?" I questioned turning my head to look up at him. He had a slight flush peppering his tanned cheeks. His eyes wouldn't meet mine even though we were so close.

"I..um...I wanted to make sure you were okay, that's all. I wouldn't have come in if I hadn't seen Christian leave. I swear! Don't be mad, Ward." I just sat there gaping at him. I didn't know what to say. He just sat there his shoulders hunched looking as vulnerable as I have ever seen Colin look. I tilted his chin so his chocolate gaze met mine.

"Colin...that is so sweet. Thank you." I whispered holding his stare for a heart beat before attempting to hug the life out of him.

"Umph!" He gasped trying to get me to loosen my hold. I wasn't letting go for the world.

My best friend was being sensitive, protective, and the most adorable guy I knew. I think I even squealed like a stuck pig. Colin started chuckling at that breaking out into a full hearted laugh. I started giggling because his laugh always makes me laugh.

After we calmed down a bit he looked down at me and said, "Ward, I love ya and all but I think it's about time that you considered having that shower. Man you reek!"

I took a quick whiff of my pits and I had to nod in agreement, it was no rose garden in there.

"Oh quit your complaining, I'm not buying it. After all I'm your baby, babe." I sneered shoving at his shoulder lightly. Oh yeah I didn't forget what he called me in his concern. No gay moment goes unpunished even if it is for a worthy cause such as myself.

"No, I didn't. And don't call me that, retard." He shuffled out from under me quickly almost bashing my head in with the door on his way out.

"You can run but the closet door is broken, bud!" I hollered barely able to contain my mirth. Ah I crack myself up sometimes.

I got up and had a long hot shower breathing in the fresh scents of sweet pea the way only Bath and Body Works can make it. This was bliss. This was the perfect end to a horrible day.

I got out and wrapped a towel around my scrawny waist flexing a bit for the mirror to see if there was any noticeable change in me after all today I became a man. Or is that I became someone's bitch?! No bad thought don't go down that road. Actually I think everything looked the same. My chest hadn't mysteriously filled out, I wasn't imbued with any super human strength to attract anyone, I wasn't invincible. Except for the dull throbbing in my bum, I was just me, all 5'3" me. There was a knock at the door interrupting my moment of contemplation. Yeah you didn't know I knew big words like that huh?!

"Ward, are you almost done in there?" Colin called.

"Yeah be right out."

When I stepped into the room it was like the night with Christian had never happened. Colin had cleaned up the room completely returning it to my messy peaceful haven.

"Thanks Colin I really appreciate this." I mumbled not quite sure what to say to him. Some how he knew this is what I needed and didn't hesitate.

"Yeah well, you're going to have to pay me back for cleaning your junk up. Just get dressed and get some rest. Knowing Kara, she'll be pounding on your door first thing in the morning." He quipped barely sparing me a glance as he headed for the door.

"Wait can you spend the night? I...I don't want to be alone tonight." I said reaching out for him. Yeah I was doing the whole damsel in distress bit a bit brown but heck, I want my snuggle.

I guess I didn't have to try hard to convince him because he got in bed without another word and patted the space next to him. I swiped a dirty boxer from the floor and hopped right in barely getting my legs in. Hey I may be gay but I'm a guy first and dirty is relative. I snuggled up to Colin curling my fist under my chin. He just kicked off his shoes and turned off the light before wrapping his arms around me and pulling me near.

"Goodnight, Ward. Sleep tight."

"Don't let the bed bugs bite. If they do beat them till their black and blue. Nighty night, Colin." I returned drowsily and it was lights out for this little tyke.
Sign up to rate and review this story