Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We are always searching

This Suffering

by urine-filled-romance 2 reviews

'Seriously, Ray was like my mom' Gee, if only the rest of this chapter was that lighthearted. Sorry guys! xoxo

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Gerard Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-04-01 - Updated: 2009-04-01 - 908 words

0Unrated
Gerard’s POV.

After my nutritious lunch of pizza, (again), I went to the bathroom to get showered. I had to take my mind off these dreams, I thought about them all the time, they were taking over me. As the hot water spilled out from the showerhead, I stripped and quickly dived in, shutting the door behind me. I’ve always felt a bit conscious when showering since Ray moved in, I mean, it’s not like I’m nervous or anything, I just feel weird, showering with him in the house. What if he accidentally forgot, and came in to wash his hands or something? I shuddered at the thought and let the hot water trickle down my body. I know Mikey would never do that, one, because he always bags the shower before me, and two, because he’s the nosey little fuck that is indeed my brother and has to know where I am, what I’m doing 24 fucking 7! But Ray isn’t my brother and, even though he is my best friend, I still get the impression that he might… Forget. I soon relaxed as I rubbed the soap into my skin and let it flow down into the plughole. When I was sufficiently clean and calm, I stepped out the shower, whipping a towel on round my waist. I walked out in my towel, going down to see Ray catching up on his calculus homework. Like I’ve said, we’re best friends and although he knows I’m into guys, he also knows I’m not into him and me walking around with a towel on is no sleazy way of flirting so it’s perfectly okay.
‘Mikey’s gonna kill us for staying home’ Ray said, looking up at me and laughing at my hot pink towel. ‘Nice.’
‘Shut up’ I laughed, the sitting down opposite him. ‘I know, oh well, I’ll handle him don’t worry.’ Ray smiled, relieved and carried on with his homework. I grabbed a bit of scrap paper from the side and started doodling aimlessly with one of Rays pens, looking at him when he broke the silence.
‘Thought any more about those dreams?’
‘No’ I replied bluntly, shaking my head once and continuing my drawing. I looked back up and saw Ray giving me a sceptical look. ‘What?’
‘Liar. If you don’t keep thinking about them then what’s this?’ He snatched my page, holding it up to me. ‘Find him.’ That was all I had written, again and again on my page, each one getting more aggressive and messy until the final one was just a big black scribble of ink. I blushed, looking away. ‘You need to take your mind off him.’ I nodded. ‘You just need to stop thinking so much and relax.’ I nodded again. Seriously, Ray was like my mom. I stood up and shook my hair until it was free of stray water droplets and walked into the front room, crashing on the couch. I didn’t care I was just in my towel, Ray was right; I did need to relax. I closed my eyes to block out my thoughts, not knowing that that was going to be such a mistake.
*
Found him yet?’ She asked impatiently.
‘No…’ I mumbled subconsciously, still searching. I carried on through the house, that blood-curdling scream sending chills up my spine. It was dark outside as I looked through the broken window, the rain shredding through and smacking me hard in the face.
‘Well look HARDER THEN!’ I put my hands over my ears, attempting to muffle the awful roar coming from that little girl’s lips. Every door I opened, there was nothing, just the scream, the voice, the scream, the voice, the scream, the voice, I couldn’t take it anymore. With every failed search, her awful commanding tone would almost rip me apart inside, sending me mad.
‘I… I can’t…’ I mumbled again, pleading for release.
‘But… Gerard, it’s so easy… All you have to do is… LOOK!’ The girl shrieked, causing harsh red blood to spill from my left ear to the floor. I gasped, feeling faint. I fell to my knees, whacking both fists on the floor and yelling,
‘I SAID I CAN’T FUCKING FIND HIM! WHY WON’T YOU HELP ME!?’ I got up again, the blood now flooding the floor and sending me sliding over-

*
And I was awake. I looked around to see Ray looking terrified at me.
‘Fuck’ was all he needed to say to set me off. I buried my head in my hands, the tears beginning to fall from my eyes. Ray came over, putting his arms round me and pulling me close to him and into a hug. I gladly accepted, taking my arms away and wrapping them round his back. I managed to compose myself when Ray pulled away, although I couldn’t help but think. If only he knew. If only he knew what was going on in my head. If only he knew what these dreams were doing to me.

[A/N] Okay, I got bored so I thought I’d write another chapter, hope you all like! bites nails Please please PLEEEASE R&R for me :D, come on groovers, tell me your thoughts! :D LOVEYOUALL XOXO Really, I do. :D And HUGE squishy thankyous for your reviews on ch1!
Sign up to rate and review this story