Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Novitiate

by Nanatsusaya 0 reviews

A Hitsu/Ruki one-shot alternate universe if you don't know...

Category: Bleach - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Kuchiki Rukia - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2009-04-07 - Updated: 2009-04-08 - 450 words

0Unrated
A/N: I was in the mood for something Hitsu/Ruki and this was all that came to mind. Ignore the Blaspheming dear Christians :( after all I am a Christian that is, too.

Novitiate

Petty sins of harmless lies and mild jealousies were what was whispered into the visiting Priest’s ear. Confessions were good for the soul or so the good book preached. Lately joined member of the St. Martin of Tours priesthood, Hitsugaya Toshiro could scarcely see the need for him to cross the several mile distance between his Priory and the St. Raquel Convent.

The white-haired man sighed heavily, exiting the enclosed confessional box put to use on days like this, in his hands a rosewood Rosary beautifully carved, swung. Footsteps thudded the worn tiles of the floor, coming up the aisle. Hitsugaya barely looked up at the flowing gray habit of the nun as she approached, it was her voice and the manner in which she spoke…rather the lack of decorum that made him finally look at her.

“Leaving so soon, Father Hitsugaya?”

A kirtle of a darker gray lay like a shorter mantle over the high-necked dress, wide sleeves flared out at her delicate wrists, her black hair though concealed by the veil showed a single lock that hung onto her face. He stared.

The girl—Sister—she was obviously a new one for he couldn’t recall ever seeing her face there before, blinked long curled lashes over wide violet blue eyes. He realized then, exactly what he was doing. He cleared his throat, “yes. I’ve finished up here…but I don’t remember ever seeing your face around here. Are you new in taking the vows?”

She leaned forward slightly and extended her hand briskly to him, “Sister Rukia, pleased to make your acquaintance, Father Hitsugaya.” He enveloped her tiny palm in his own, shaking once. “Charmed,” he said, careful not to overtly stare at her, he released her hand, stepping around her to greet the Mother Superior bearing down on them.

“Mother Ise, I was just going,” he responded to the suspicion reflected in the round frames watching him owlishly. The woman crossed her arms over her narrow chest, her thin mouth quirking up in dislike, “May the Lord be with you.”

A smile twitched his face in return, knowing she meant the opposite, “the same to you, Mother Ise, Sister Rukia.” So saying this Hitsugaya took his leave, risking one tiny glance back at the two figures, one glaring at his back, the other smiling faintly.

~~~*~~~

A/N:I don't own Bleach. What’d you think of it? Too short eh? I didn’t want to imply too much…
Sign up to rate and review this story