Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Chained

by jajajajaime16 9 reviews

Long time no write. Walkin' home after school.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-04-11 - Updated: 2009-04-11 - 1272 words - Complete

5Exciting
OMFG it's been a whole week. That's a long time for me!!!! I'm so sorry this took me so long! I typed it on a word documet an then I lost it!!! But I rewrote it from memory. My iTunes library barfed up a bunch of songs by The Used, and the ones that probably had an effect on the chapter were "All That I've Got" and "Pretty Handsome Awkward," both very amazing songs. "Dirty Diana" (the Alexis Grace{American Idol} version) had nothing to do with the fic, but it's a really good cover that's stuck in my head now. If, by some freak chance, you haven't ever listened to them, go do it! But don't forget to read this first! Thank you so much to everyone who's been kind enough to review! You rock!(And if you read this all the way to the second author's note you might be able to get a present for it!)


CHAPTER 7!!!!!!!(7 exclamation points-anyone noticing that I've been doing that? :) haha)

The rest of the day went by quickly for Gerard and Dani.

The three classes they had together they were always sitting on opposite sides of the room, thinking about one another when both knew they really shouldn't be.

In the middle of science, the last hour of the day, Dani looked up to see Gerard grinning and looking over at her. As soon as he saw her, he froze and shook his hair in front of his eyes and looked down at the paper on his desk.

You need some professional help, Gerard. Learn not to stare at girls with a ridiculous goofy grin on your face. Or at least make some effort to hide it, Gerard mentally scolded himself.

You imagined that, Dani told herself. But, against her will, she felt herself blushing.

Is she blushing? Gerard tried again to hide his smile from across the room.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"So...um...are you, uh, doing anything this afternoon? 'Cause we cou-"

Gerard was cut off by Dani's immediate refusal. "No! I...I mean, no, I have...I have to get home.

I want to know what's up with her! Gerard thought angrily. "Okay."

"I...I really am sorry...I'd love to hang out with you some other day. But I...I, ah, have a...doctor's appointment later...so..."

Lie. "For your arm?" he inquired.

"Yeah!" she said, glad he came up with an excuse for her. "Well...I need to head home."

"D'you want me to walk you or anything?" Gerard mumbled.

"No!" Dani accidentally yelled again. "I'm sorry," she said, her voice wavering, close to tears. You are not, I repeat, not going to cry in front of him. Not him, not anyone.

Without another word, she turned away and ran.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Gerard thought about yelling to her, telling her to come back. Despite what he wanted, instead, he watched her run away. He opened his mouth, trying to find something to say, but came up with nothing.

"Gee?" Mikey walked up behind him.

"What?" Gerard snapped.

"Did you scare her away or something?"

"No," Gerard answered quietly. "But something else is scaring her."

"How can you tell?" Mikey tilted his head to the side quizzically.

"Well, considering that she lied and made up some excuse about a doctor's appoitment and then ran off either means I'm that repulsive or she had to get home, and fast."

"You're not that repulsive," Mikey laughed.

"Thanks," Gerard sighed heavily as he began to walk home with his brother. "That's pretty hard to believe," he added, mostly for himself.

"So how did today go?" Mikey prodded eagerly.

"Fine."

"And?"

"I guess we're friends."

"Details! God, Gee!" Mikey huffed.

"I know she loves Watchmen," Gerard replied.

"Anything else?" C'mon, she's totally my future sister-in-law! Mikey thought to himself.

"She's not a huge fan of girly girls, she's bad at math, good at science, her favorite color's white while mine's black, her favorite food is spaghetti, she hates country music, and she...she had..." Gerard trailed off, unable to continue.

"She had what?" Mikey asked, concerned.

Gerard stopped walking and turned to face him. "Mikes, she had bruises all over her god damned face, they went great with her black eye, and...her arm is broken."

Mikey froze. "Th-that doesn't sound good to me."

"Didn't look good," Gee muttered just before he told his little brother to keep going home and he turned around.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Dani blinked back tears as she ran.

If she was late getting home it would only be worse. A huge part of her wished she could run back to Gerard and tell him everything. She wished she didn't have to run in the first place. She was, in essence chained. Without a key to unlock it or someone to get her out.

I never thought I'd want his help so much, she remembered thinking. You don't want or need him, the angry part of her brain snarled.

But I do at the same time! the other half of her argued.

She stopped running and stood still for a minute to catch her breath, blowing her long bangs out of her face. She straightened up and kept walking forward in the direction of her house.

It'll be okay, it'll be okay, she kept telling herself.

It was hard to convince herself of this lie, but she almost had herself there when she heard someone(or something) behind her step on a twig with a loud crack! Dani whipped around instantly, searching for whatever had been following her. She saw absolutely nothing. She walked faster and kept her gaze at the ground, just in case it was someone.

She walked into the house, an overwhelming feeling of dread crushing down on her chest when she saw her dad's car parked neatly in the driveway.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

The loud snap of the twig brought Gerard to his senses.

He dove into the cover of the trees lining the road and stayed in the shadows, praying Dani hadn't heard or seen him.

She must have heard him, because she paused to turn around and investigate. Gerard went farther down the row of trees, following closely behind her. Why do you have to be such a creepy stalker? he said to himself. His unusually colored eyes peered out from the leaves and branches when she reached her house.

She winced when she saw that car in the driveway, he noted. Stop! I need to go home. This is none of my business!

Shaking his head, he turned on his heel and started to walk away even though his insides were screaming at him for doing it. It's wrong. I shouldn't have even followed her this far.

Besides, he reminded himself, you can see her tomorrow at school and eventually, maybe, ask about it. But get her to trust you first. And not by drawing geeky pictures of her and studying her every move!


I had fun writing this one. ANYWAY! Your reviewing oppurtunity. I'm feeling generous, and bribery could work with you lot. Give me an idea for the next chapter(please be reasonable), something you want to happen in the story A.S.A.P. and I'll make it happen for one or more people. First person to review and whoever has good ideas. Now, I know you're reading this....way over there on the other side of this huge computer screen-don't pretend you're not. So let me know you what you're thinking! And rating couldn't hurt either! So review and your idea could(probably WILL) be in the next chapter. It'll be whatever you like! *plays T.I.*
xoxo-Jaime
Sign up to rate and review this story