Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Grow Up Too Fast

I Don't Need Mommy

by lostmyfearoffalling 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-04-14 - Updated: 2009-04-14 - 457 words

4Moving
Short one...sort of a filler. Thought it was necessary...

Gerard's POV

"Dammit Lyn-Z! Just talk to me! I can't take this anymore!"

My wife stares back at me blankly. There's no feeling in her eyes, none of the warmth, the sparkle that I loved. Nothing.

There's nothing in her voice either. It doesn't matter though, because the words she says are enough. "I don't love you anymore Gerard."

I'm asleep. There's no way that this is happening. She's not telling me this. She didn't say that.

"You...you don't meant that? Do you?"

She nods, and there's a little more in her eyes. "Yes, I do. I mean it. And I have to leave." I feel like someone just hit me over the head with a 2 ton weight.

"Leave?" I remind myself to breathe. "You can't. You can't leave. What about Charley? If you don't love me, I know you love Charley."

She shakes her head back and forth. "That's not enough. I need to love both of you. I don't."

It sinks in, all at the same moment. She's leaving me. It's all I can do not to collapse onto the ground.

"Ok then. Go." It's like a dare, a desperate dare. And I know she'll take it.

My wife stares at me, tucks her hair behind her ear. "Goodbye Gerard." She says. And she turns and leaves.

I watch her go, and I know it's useless to try and stop her. So I just watch.

She shuts the door behind her, and that's when the tears finally wash down my cheeks. I go and sit down on the couch, putting my head in my hands.

Suddenly, there's the creak of a door, and soft footsteps. I straighten up quickly, wiping my eyes with the palm of my hands.

Charley wanders in, wearing her pajamas; soccer shorts and my old Iron Maiden t-shirt. She looks confused. "Daddy, what's wrong?" She asks me.

I take a shaky breath. "Mommy left." I want to say more, explain to her that it was my fault, but I didn't know how to.

Charley's eyebrows come together as she walks closer to me. "Is she coming back?"

I shake my head, pulling her into my arms. "No, Charley. I don't think she's coming back."

I expect her to burst into to tears. I expect her to ask why, to run away from me. She doesn't.

Instead, she hugs me tighter, and whispers gently in my ear. "I don't need a mommy. I have Mikey, and Frankie, and Ray, and Bobert. And I have you." She kisses me on the cheek. "I don't need mommy." She says again.


Rates and Reviews. I love them. And it will make me write more....
Sign up to rate and review this story