Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

If Life Ain't Just a Joke

by lemonxyellow 1 review

Mikey and Gerard as teens. When a freak accident occurs, Gerard is flung into depression :] yayness read, plz xD

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-04-20 - Updated: 2009-04-20 - 755 words

0Unrated
So, this is my first story on the account of 'lemonxyellow'.
Yes I have another account. No, you shall not know what it is. If you can guess, I will seriously consider paying you.
tehee
:|

Chappa one :}
-------------
The main character's name is Brandy. :]
Brandy's POV right here, yoo


Mikey's dead?
My heart dropped into my stomach, and I froze, my eyes wide open, and my mouth partway ajar, a grimacey-twisted expression. I would've laughed, had I seen my face, but at the time, it was (and coontinues to be) the epitome of non-humorous.

"You're kidding, right?" I found my voice and screwed my eyes shut, hoping the answer was a resounding, "Yes! Of course! He's right here!!".
But the reply I received from my best freind, Frank, was anything but resounding. Or a yes for that matter.
"How can you even...?" He sobbed over the phone.
"Oh.." I choked. Frank was an excellent actor, and had once told me that he had AIDS, complete with hysterical crying and incrediby real dramatics. But Mikey Way. Was dead. He was alive earlier today. How could he just not be?
"He was on life support....His car was out of control....with Cathie....she's okay. But they took him off of life support twenty-minutes go, 'cause he was...officially brain-dead." Frank managed to get out.

"Holy shit," I nearly dropped the phone, "Gerard! Oh my god! I can't even imagine." Tears ran down my cheeks.
"Psh, yeah. He's supremely fucked up. He got back from the hospital just a few minutes ago....and he just left, and sat in his room....and he won't talk to anyone. Me, Ray, Matt,Dylon and Angeline are here. Please come over...he'll probably talk..to you." Frank spoke slowly.
And I knew that I was going to let me in. We were as close as brother and sister, I was almost as close to him as I was to Frank.

I slammed the gas pedal on my VW-Bug, but the midgety car didn't seem fast enough. I blatantly ran red-lights and was almost pulled over. Evading the cops is a crime, butit didn't realy seem so bad. Plus,I has pray-painted my license plate out weeks ago. I didn't really care. I hadn't been arrested yet.

I scrambled through the Way's front door to see the aforementioned Frank, Ray, Angeline, Matt and Dylon clustered around Gerard's door. I hugged Frank, and let myself stand in his arms for a moment before I pulled away. Dylon lit a joint, and took a huge gulp of smoke, before I grabbed it out of his hands and tossed it out the door.
"You sicko!! Gerard's in there, his brother just died, and you don't even care!! You're smoking a motherfucking joint? How can you do that?" I wanted to grab him and shake him. He blew smoke in my face.
"I just need to mellow out, girlie. Chill." His eyes dialated to the size of pennies, and I knew the toxins had hit him. No turning to Dylon for sympathy today.

The door was slightly ajar, and I saw the gorgeously yellow light of Gerard's eye through the small crack. I opened it, slunk through, and closed it behind me. He backed into his room, and let himself fall onto his futon. "God. Mikey. It's not even real. Motherfucking nightmare. How come he died, and not someone who...was a serial killer, who did bad shit? He's fucking 14 years old." He mumbed.

I sat on the bed next to him, and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I know. Life blows."I gave him a sorry little smile.

"It's..not even, like.." He closed his eyes tightly, and didn't say anything. We stayed like that for a couple of hours, probably, until Frank came into the room and announced that everyone else had left. Fuckers. They didn't care about Mikey. They just visited so they wouldn't look like dicks.
"Everyone's gone..." He touched my wrist lightly. I had been staring at the ceiling for what seemed like forever. I took his hand in mine and held it there for a minute.

We staye over that night, and even stayed home with Gerard the next day while the others went to school. G's parents came home later that very night, and announce the wake and funeral dates. They looked glassy eyed, and disheveled and shuffled around the house with drinks in their hands. I guess it shocked them too. Mikey didn't deserve to go.
Sign up to rate and review this story