Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Sweetheart Rebels

Leave the Gun, Take the Cannoli

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Adam tries to make nice with Sakura. But, it doesn't go too well. Review me, please!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor - Published: 2009-04-23 - Updated: 2009-04-23 - 834 words - Complete

0Unrated
Leave the Gun, Take the Cannoli:

I sat at my desk typing my article nervously. I saw what happened with Sakura and Greg. I know why she is so upset for. It's all because of me. Me and my relationship with Carmen. I thought they were getting along so well. I did notice that they kept looking at each other bitterly. I kept telling myself it was all in my imagination. Now, I see I was wrong. Sakura's not handling it so well. We haven't spoken in days. I really do miss her. But what should I do? I've known Sakura for a long time. She can be very stubborn and childish with a grudge. Like Hell, she's going to apologize. Sigh I'll have to make the first move, I guess. After all, it is partly my fault. Damn it! Why does she always do this to me? She's more guilty than I am. Either way, I have to talk to her before I lose my friend.

Closing time came as the day was winding down. I waited near the exit. I watched as everyone else left the office. Sakura finally dragged her feet to me. I stood up straighter and took in another breath. Here goes the peace treaty.

"Hi Sakura," I said to her as my friend passed by. She turned and looked at me. I smiled at her nervously. She rolled her eyes at me.

"What Adam?" she asked in a bored voice.

"Well," I said. "I was thinking she's visiting her family tonight and we hadn't had dinner yet. So I thought that... we could grab a quick bite and talk." Sakura glared at me like a samurai about to battle. I stared her down. She scares me! But, I can't quit! I have to save our friendship. Sakura shrugged at me a bit.

"Sure, whatever," she replied. I breathed out some. Good, we have a contact.

"Great!" I replied. Then, we headed out the door. I took Sakura to Burger King. We took our meals and sat near a window. For the first few seconds, we didn't talk. Usually unless the food was good, we would at least get a paragraph in before the first bite. Right now, we haven't even eaten yet. This is not good. Oh well, time to make the first move.

"So," I spoke up. "How are you today?" Sakura glared at me coldly.

"What do you think?" she snapped at me.

"Right," I mumbled. "Dumb question, I know." Sakura ate another fry. I swallowed hard some. Okay, not a good start. But, it's not too late to fix the mess.

"I miss you," I spoke again. She turned back to me slowly.

"Yeah," Sakura replied in a dull voice.

"So..." I pushed. "You doing anything Saturday?"

"Why?" she asked. I shrugged at her.

"Just," I answered. "I just thought that we could hang out like we used to do." Sakura glared at me again. I tried my best not to tremble in fear again. I might be onto something here. Just keep pushing.

"Is she going to be there?" Sakura asked me. I shook my head at her.

"No," I said. "She's visiting her family that weekend." Sakura glared at me again. I held my breath as I waited. Please say yes! Please say yes! Please say yes! The silence was killing me here. Sakura still glared at me in that cold way that she does.

"We'll see!" she snapped at last. Then, she took a bite of her Whooper. I breathed out some. Oh good, we're getting somewhere. We then ate on quietly. Smooth so far. But yet, there is one question on my mind that keeps haunting me to no end. And I have to ask or else I'll lose my mind.

"Sakura," I spoke up. She looked up at me again. She didn't say a word. I hesitated for a moment. Suddenly, my question didn't seem like a good idea anymore. But, too late now. I might as well say it or let it drive me insane forever.

"Well," Sakura demanded. "What is it?" I froze up losing my words again. She's scaring me again. Sakura glared at me coldly again.

"Come on!" she snapped. "Spit it out, already!" That did it for me.

"Are we still friends?" I blurted out. I expected her to yell at me or something. But when I looked up at her, Sakura stared at me blankly.

"I'm sorry?" she asked confused. I shrugged at her.

"Well," I pressed. "Are we?" She didn't seem to know how to answer my question. I waited as I watched her. Sakura finally lowered her head to the table.

"I don't know..." she mumbled. I sat there slightly disappointed.

"Oh," I replied. "I see..." We didn't talk for the rest of the night. It just... fizzled out just like that. Damn it, back to the drawing board for us! Where did it all go wrong?

I'm A Lot Like You
Sign up to rate and review this story