Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Grow Up Too Fast

"Always. No Matter What."

by lostmyfearoffalling 8 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2009-04-27 - Updated: 2009-04-28 - 1535 words

5Original
Ok. So..here it is. Requested. I completely credit HandsStainedRed with the original idea of having Zander meet the boys. Thank you for that...and also thanks to Kelsey and IeroMyHeroMCR for pressing for this one. And IeroMyHeroMCR pretty much always has some influence on what happens...I love you all!!!

“Ok, are you sure that you want to do this Zander? You don’t…have to,” I say. A lie. Bob had completely insisted on meeting Zander, especially after what happened at the party. And truth be told, while my dad was trying to be laid back, he was obviously…interested in meeting Zander. Frankie was too. Ray and Mikey were the most laid back about the whole thing, Mikey slightly more, because Ray had been the one I’d gone to about the whole party thing. Anyhow, Bob basically threatened to kidnap Zander and do a Spanish Inquisition if I didn’t bring him to meet him within the first week of our relationship.

“Yeah,” Zander says easily. He has no idea what he’s in for. I’ve tried to make him as comfortable as possible because Bob can be a little…protective, shall we say? I’m normally comfortable with how they’ll all behave around people I bring them to meet; not that there have been many, but I’m a little worried about this one.

“Ok,” I sigh. I take his hand in mine, squeezing it tightly as we walk up to my apartment, where my family is eagerly awaiting us.

I start to tense up as we walk up the stairs, and Zander definitely notices.

“It’s gonna be fine. They’ll love me.” Zander smirks at me playfully, kissing my neck softly.

“I know.” I smile at him. I look the other way and mumble to myself, “They better or we’re screwed.”

“What?” Zander asks.

“Nothin’.” I do a big fake grin, before a mental sigh. I cross my fingers for good luck.

I knock on the door and Zander gives me a strange look.

“What?”

He raises an eyebrow. “This is your apartment, right?” I nod. “Then why did you knock on the door?”

“To announce our arrival.” I smile cheekily, then open the door. I want to groan when I walk in. They’re all assembled in the couch, waiting for us.

When I say, assembled, I mean as assembled as they can possibly be. Which pretty much means in the same room at the same time. Frankie is stretched out on the floor, with his hands behind his head. Mikey is on the couch, Ray is sitting Indian style on the table, and my dad is in the chair farthest from us. Notice; no Bob.

As I scan the room for him, and begin to become hopeful that he isn’t here, I notice him by the window. He’s on a weight bench. Lifting weights. We don’t even fucking have a weight bench. Bob looks up at us in mock surprise, dropping his weights with a loud thud.

“Oh, you’re here.” He says, flexing. His voice is even lower than usual, and if I didn’t know him so well, I’d be scared. I look at Zander out of the corner of my eye and see him gulp.

“Hey Bobert,” I say, trying to make my voice sound normal. I smile at all of them, squeezing Zander’s hand as I turn to face my family. Bob clears his throat loudly and sits down on the couch next to Mikey.

“So, yeah. This is Zander.” I try to think of something else to say, and fail miserably. But it doesn’t really, matter because I have a feeling that it will be the last thing that I’m gonna get to say for a while. This is where they take over.

“Cool hair,” Frankie says, lifting his sunglasses off and eyeing Zander’s purple chunks. “Naturally black, right?”

“Uh, no actually. I dyed it.” Zander touches his violet bangs self consciously.

“Really?’ Frank asks him, raising his eyebrows. “It looks natural.”

“Thanks,” Zander says, smiling. I want to kiss Frankie for starting things off on a good note.

My dad stands up awkwardly, and offers his hand to Zander. “I’m Gerard.”

“I know. Hi.” Zander shakes my dad’s hand, and to my surprise, blushes. I suddenly remember that Zander is a My Chemical Romance fan. He must be excited to meet everyone.

“So, yep. I think you already know, but that’s Ray, Bob, Mikey, and Frank. And, you just met Dad, so…” I trail off, not sure what to say.

They all wave, and then it’s Bob’s turn. “Do you want something to drink Zander?”

“Um…yeah, sure.” Zander says, not sure how to answer the question. I want to groan, because I know Bob’s gotta be up to something.

“What do you want?”

“Doesn’t matter. “ Zander answers smoothly.

“Sit, I’ll get it.” Bob says, walking into our tiny fridge and pulling out a can as we sit down on the couch. He comes back and hands the can to Zander, who stares at it blankly.

“Um…I don’t usually…drink alcohol…” Zander says as he looks at the Corona in his hand(which I know is Bob’s. We keep it for him, so that he has something to drink when he’s around. Corona is his favorite.)

Bob fakes surprise. “Oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to grab that one.” He takes it and goes back to the kitchen. Mikey sighs, while Ray stifles a laugh, and I get it. They wanted to see if Zander would drink it. Wow. That’s kind of low. They’re actually testing him.

Bob returns with a Coke, which Zander accepts, after asking me if I wanted some. I refused politely, not wanting them to freak if we drank out of the same can.

Mikey tries to relax the mood a little bit, speaking up for the first time. “I’m starving. I’m going to pizza.” He looks at everyone. Ray starts to speak, but Mikey holds up a hand. “I think I know what everyone wants.” He furrows his brows in concentration. “Bob, pepperoni and sausage, Ray, barbecue chicken, Gee, pepperoni, Frankie, vegetarian, Charley, three cheese.” He pauses on Zander. “Ok, I don’t know what you want…”

“Um…I’ll just have the vegetarian one I guess.”

Frank’s eyes widen and he looks at Zander. “You’re a vegetarian?!”

Zander nods. “Yeah.”

“Dude, I love this kid!” Frank bursts out. There’s a moment of silence, which is filled by laughter a second later. Frank clears his throat. “Sorry about that.”

Zander smiles. “It’s cool.”

“Ok, I’m going, be back…whenever I feel like.” Mikey says.

“You better feel like being back in the next forty five minutes Mikey! I’m fricken hungry!” Ray yells as Mikey heads toward the door.

Now there’s one less person in the room, and unfortunately it was the person that I was least worried about causing trouble. But so far, Zander’s doing great, and I’m beginning to relax.

As I play with Zander’s fingers, I notice my dad murmur something to Bob and Ray out of the corner of his mouth. Bob looks disappointed, but Ray gives him a stern glance and says, “Bob and Frankie come downstairs with me for a sec to look at my car.”

Bob groans, but follows. Frank smiles at us and trails after them. It’s obviously so that my dad can have Zander to himself for judging; Frank doesn’t really know shit about cars.


My dad shoots me a look, which I take as my cue. I guess it’s only fair; he’s been fairly quiet. He gets a shot.

“I’ll be right back,” I say, shooting my dad a pleading glance as I head to my room, shutting the door. Immediately, I put my ear against it, straining to her the quiet tones my father and Zander use in conversation.

“Zander, I like you. I just want to make sure of one thing.”

“Ok,” Zander says, and I know only I can hear the slight worry in his voice.

“How do you feel about Charley?”

Zander takes a deep breath. “I love her Gerard. She’s amazing. She’s so beautiful, and so strong. She’s so talented. I don’t even think that she knows it most of the time. I can’t imagine a more…awesome…wonderful…perfect person. I’ve never met anyone like her.” He breathes out softly.

My dad is quiet. “Will you take care of her? Will you keep her safe? Not just from other people…but…from herself too…if she needs it?” This is the big question, and the moment that my dad asks it, I know Zander will answer it right.

“Always. No matter what.”





What'd you think of it? I hope it did it justice....:-) Rate and Review...pretty please? For M&M cookies? (That must be the thing for this story....)heehee
Sign up to rate and review this story