Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > A Thousand Cheers For Sweet Revenge

Howling of Wolves

by kai_kai 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2009-04-28 - Updated: 2009-04-29 - 1264 words

0Unrated
The wind howled against their pale skins and greasy hairs and it lullabyed them. They all lied down around a fire they produced. Everyone was asleep except for Mikey. He looked around the black desert. Black because of the ashes from the previous fire. Black because of the starless night sky above them. His eyes shifted around at his friends. He wasn't used to seeing them wearing their uniforms without their instruments - their instruments that died in the fire.

Mikey sat up. He wrapped his knees with his arms. Everything began to get cold and he wished that the fire was back again. The small fire they produced was dying. There was no more wood to feed it.

"Can't sleep?" a thick voice said.

Mikey tuned around to see that his brother sat up too, looking at him. Gerard was almost unrecognizable. There were dark circles around his eyes, as if they were the usual eyeliner that he used to wear. His white blonde hair was matted with dirt.

"I'm afraid they might murder me in my sleep" Mikey said, quite childishly.

Gerard grinned. He seemed amused by his brother's fear of being murdered in his sleep.

"Where will we go now, Gerard?" Mikey asked, "Now that the Black Parade is gone, where will we go..? After we die?"

His big brother couldn't answer that since he didn't know the answer himself.

Then somewhere in an unknown distance, there were howling sounds heard. They echoed to every corners of the desert...as if there were corners in this desert.

"Wolves" Mikey whispered as he looked around the vastness.

Gerard looked around too and shook the others awake. Ray was the first to wake, then Frank, then Bob. They all listened intently to the howling sounds.

"Where are they?" Frank asked, standing up trying to see through the darkness.

"It sounds as if they're all around us" Bob said, fear was obvious in his voice.

"Are they gonna eat us?" Frank suddenly asked. He looked at Gerard.

"No" Gerard shook his head.

They heard a yelp then a whimper from an animal.

They all stood up.

"Something's out there" Ray said.

They all waited. The silence was deafening. The howling sounds stopped and they looked around fearfully.

Another whimper was heard and it seemed close by. It came closer and closer.

"Guys..." a scared voice of Frank said. He pointed towards the darkness where a wolf limping came towards them. Its injured leg was bloody and so was its body. It was whimpering with pain.

Ray sweared loudly. Mikey, Bob, and Frank backed away. Gerard stared at the poor animal.

The wolf seemed to stare back at them. Then quite suddenly, the animal fell on the sand, whimpering. It was breathing heavily and managed to let out a last howl, then it stopped breathing. It was dead.

"What kind of person would do this?" Ray said.

"A hunter, perhaps" Frank suggested.

"If it were a hunter, it would have taken its meat..." Bob said.

Gerard touched the animal's wounds. "It was stabbed...numerous times"

"Who the devil would-" Mikey gritted his teeth.

"I'm guessing it's..." Ray said, looking at where the animal had come from. "Gerard, I thought they were after us"

"They are after us..." Gerard replied, "after they kill everyone in the parade"

"But...how about Fear? Regret? They ran off and abandoned us...they're gonna get killed too?" Mikey asked and looked at the animal.

"I'm not sure" Gerard whispered. He looked around. He thought that maybe it was best to leave this place. If they stayed any longer, the whole place will stink of decaying wolf corpses.

"We need to go away. We don't want to be smelling dead wolf, do we?" he said to all of them. They all nodded in agreement.

"You know...I'm hungry" Frank suddenly said, eyeing the dead wolf.

"Frank, you wouldn't dream of eating a wolf, would you?" Bob said, elbowing Frank.

"No. 'Course not" Frank looked away, "I'm vegan"

They all started to walk towards they-don't-know. They decided to head for north.

Walking was a strange thing to do, since they haven't really walked. Gerard and Bob were limping. Frank, Ray, and Mikey's gait was awkward. None of them looked back.

As they walked, they always encountered a dead wolf, or a dying wolf. "It looks like there was a killing spree" Frank said. Their noses became irritated with the smell of dead wolves. As they went on further, the dead wolves become to grow lesser in number.

They did not want to stop walking; they wanted to walk farther away because the smell of dead wolves was still in the air. They needed a place with a cool desert air around it.

Everytime they reached a sand dune, Bob would stumble and someone had to help him. It was getting difficult for Bob to walk and Ray had to support him all the way. They continued walking, but they were gettng slower. They were drunk with thirst.

"Can we stop walking for a while?" Frank asked. Everyone noticed that he was sweating so bad and that he looked as if he couldn't go on. They all stopped for a while. Frank lied down on the sand and looked at the night sky. No stars.

"What's the plan now?" Bob asked. No one had the energy to talk or answer him. They all lied down, breathing heavily, inhaling the desert air. Their thoughts wandered off to the wolves. Where were they? Where were the five men who were about to murder them? Gerard knew that if they killed everyone else in the Black Parade, they're next on the list. But they haven't appeared yet...does that mean that they haven't killed everyone? Did they kill Mother War? Are they killing someone right now? Or are they after them right this second?

"Who among us do you think will die first?" Bob said, trying to humor everyone.

"I bet it's Gerard" Mikey suggested sarcastically.

Gerard glared at him, "No. They'd kill the weakest first" he said and smiled when Mikey frowned.

"Where shall we go...now that the Black Parade's gone?" Ray asked as he sat up, "no afterlife"

"Well...I think I'm gonna burn in hell" Bob said. "How do they kill?" he suddenly asked curiously.

"Well did you see how they killed those wolves?" Frank said. "They heartlessly stabbed them!"

"So they'll stab us too?" Bob said, "I wouldn't want to die like that"

"They don't want to waste their bullets on animals. They want to kill us...with guns" Gerard explained.

"I wouldn't want to die like that either" Bob said, lying back on the sand.

None of them spoke a word now. "I wish I had a gun" Ray said, "so that I could kill myself first before they do"

Frank laughed at that thought.

They grew silent and seconds later, they heard Frank snore. One by one, they fell asleep. But Gerard didn't. He felt insomniac that time and thought that he might stay guard for a while in case something comes up. The minutes flew on like hours to him but his eyes didn't fail him. He remained still, sitting up and watching everything. He thought he was hallucinating when he saw a dark figure walking alone in a distance. But as he looked closer, the figure looked more real to him. The figure seemed to walk to them. He stood up and looked more closely. He couldn't make out who it was.

He waked the others up.
Sign up to rate and review this story