Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > ~*~Fly Like an Angel Part III ~*~

Pre-school: Chapter two

by Meg2005 2 reviews

Again with the preschool.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-05-07 - Updated: 2009-05-07 - 1652 words

0Unrated
**************************************

‘I look like a total slacker walking into a school like this with you looking like that.’ Brendon whispered as he held Grace’s hand while they walked into the school.

‘Baby, you look just fine.’ Grace whispered as they were passed by various older students.

‘Honey, is this a high school too?’

‘Yeah.’

‘You want our boys going to school with high schoolers.’

‘Brendon, they aren’t in the same building. They have nothing to do with the others.’ Grace walked into the office and up to the desk. ‘Hi, we have an appointment at 12:30 with June Pierce.’

‘Are you Grace and Brendon Urie?’

‘Yes ma’am.’

‘Alright, I’ll let June know you’re here. You can go ahead and have a seat.’ The woman smiled. Grace walked over and sat down next to where Brendon had already taken a seat. They had not been sitting long when a woman in her mid-thirties came out all smiles.

‘Mr. and Mrs. Urie, it’s so nice to meet you.’ She smiled shaking Brendon’s hand before shaking Grace’s as well, ‘Mrs. Urie has told me all about you two. Please, let’s step into my office.’ Grace followed Brendon and the woman in and took a seat.

‘Alright so before I take you on a tour, I want to get to know your boys a little bit. Tell me about them so I can get a feel for their personalities.’

‘Well we have two: Caleb and Chace. They will be four in May.’

‘So they are about three and a half.’

‘Yes. Caleb is the quieter of the two. He’s shy and very reserved. He is sensitive but very happy.’ Grace smiled.

‘Chace is our daredevil. He is loud and outgoing, he has a high energy level and he’s pretty much a ladies man.’ Brendon joked. Grace shook her head as the head mistress chuckled at Brendon’s enthusiasm.

‘They are both very articulate for three year olds and they seem to be fast learners. Both have a little bit of separation anxiety but Caleb more so than Chace.’

‘Do you know why that is?’

‘We adopted them a few months ago. Their mother was terminally ill and she passed away.’

‘Oh I see.’

‘So far it has not been a big problem. They were in pre-school before their mother passed so I don’t think that it will be that much of a problem. Besides, they know that they are going to start school again soon.’

‘Will one of you two be available if we need you during the day?’

‘For now, Brendon is at home for a couple more weeks and I’m always here, I’m the CEO for the company I work for so if you need me then I can leave to come get them.’

‘Alright well let’s go on a tour and while we’re on our tour I can tell you a little about our school and what you can expect if you enroll your boys.’ Grace nodded as she stood up and followed the woman out of the office.

Grace and Brendon followed the woman on the tour of the beginning school and listened to her talk about everything from their curriculum to their accreditations to the uniforms required for school days.

‘Any questions?’ June asked as Grace and Brendon stood outside.

‘Are there programs for full day pre-school? I know that you have two programs through out the day but…’

‘There are not but what we do in situations where parents work during the day is that the kids are just enrolled in both programs and have a naptime between the two school days; so the morning session goes from 8:15 to 11:30 and then the kids nap from 11:30 to about 12:45 or 1 and then they get up and go until the day ends at 3:45.’

‘That’s fantastic.’ Grace smiled, ‘We have a couple more schools to look at but if it’s alright I’d like to give you a call tomorrow after we’ve talked about everything.’

‘Of course! I look forward to hearing from you.’ Grace and Brendon shook her hand again before starting towards the next school.

The next two schools were more of the same. The teachers seemed nice and smart and worked with the children well. The administration was a little bit more lax than they had been at Meadows. Grace wasn’t particularly happy about that but the tuition was cheaper and at Centennial the kids were not out of school until 4.

The last school that was on the list was Kinder Cottage. Brendon had heard of this school before and over his dead body were his two small, sensitive children going to this school. He was just humoring Grace.

‘Hi, we have an appointment at 3:00 to talk to the director.’ Grace smiled to the reception who was currently working on a snack.

‘Urie’s?’ she asked with a mouth full.

‘Yes.’

‘Alright, she’ll be right out.’ Grace sat down next to Brendon before her iphone vibrated in her bag. She quickly pulled it out only to realize it was a text from Brendon.

/ I do not like this school, love. I have a weird feeling about it.’ /Grace was about to reply when the director walked out. She was an older woman that looked a little stressed.

‘Hi, you must be Grace and Brandon.’

‘Brendon.’ He muttered.

‘It’s nice to meet you.’ Grace smiled following the woman into her messy office.

‘So what can I do for you today?’

‘Well we have twin three year olds we’re looking to put into a pre-school program. I work during the day and I figured they needed to be in school.’

‘You can’t keep them?’ the woman asked looking over at Brendon. He kind of had a deer in the headlights look as he looked over at Grace.

‘I thought it would be more beneficial for them to go to school during the day so they could be prepared when they begin kindergarten.’

‘I see, well what do you want to know?’

‘Can you tell me a little bit about your program?’

‘Did you look at the packet that was sent to you?’

‘Yes.’

‘Well all the information should have been in there. Do you have any questions?’

‘Actually yes, I do.’

‘Well?’

‘It said in the packet that you provide lunch and snacks. Can the boys bring their lunches to school? Caleb is a little bit of a picky eater…

‘No, we do not allow food from home. It helps with bullying.’ Brendon snickered at this comment.

‘So if one of my boys does not like what you are having at school?’

‘He eats it or he does not have anything until snack time.’

‘I’m sorry, if he doesn’t like what you give him then he doesn’t eat lunch?’

‘No ma’am, we’ve found that it cuts down on the picky eaters.’

‘Do they have any scheduled nap times?’

‘We have a half hour nap time.’

‘That’s it?’

‘We’ve found that most three and four year olds only nap between fifteen to twenty minutes.’

‘I’m sorry, ma’am do you have any three year olds?’ Brendon asked.

‘Brendon!’ Grace scolded.

‘Is there any way that we can take a tour and look into some classes?’

‘I’m sorry ma’am we do not allow visitors in class rooms during the school day. It disrupts the learning process.’ Grace nodded. She knew instantly what Brendon was talking about.

‘Alright then, I think that’s it.’ Grace said.

‘When are you looking to enroll your children?’

‘Probably within the next few days, they have been with us for a couple of months now and they are starting to get restless in the house.’

‘You said you had two boys?’ the woman asked as she pulled two forms out of the desk drawer and began punch in numbers on her calculator looking up at the young couple every so often and punch in more numbers.

‘Yes?’ Grace was a little confused as to what was going on.

‘Alright well tuition for two boys is going to run about fifteen thousand, five hundred dollars a year plus a two hundred dollar teaching fee. We will be able to place them in classrooms with in the next month.’

‘I’m sorry; first off, they won’t be in the same class room?’

‘No sir, we’ve found that if we split up twins it makes it easier for them to cope. If you’ll fill out this information we can start the placing process.’

‘Wait, no.’ Brendon said. Grace didn’t have to be the bad guy this time, Brendon was going to do it and he was going to love it. ‘I’m sorry, We just came here from the meadows school and the tuition there was only two thousand dollars more and their education system is much better than this one. I don’t know what you’re on lady but three and four year olds need a lot longer than twenty minutes to nap and they need to eat what they are comfortable eating. We are not enrolling our boys in this school.’ Brendon got up from the desk and walked out of the office.

‘Enjoy the rest of your day.’ Grace said before she quickly followed Brendon out of the office and out of the school. Grace chuckled as she got into Brendon’s car.

‘What are you laughing at?’

‘You’re so sexy when you get annoyed at someone and it has to do with the boys.’ Grace giggled before she pressed her lips to Brendon’s.

This is what she had always wanted: someone that loved her and wanted children. Someone who protected their families when needed. Someone who was just like Brendon.
Sign up to rate and review this story