Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Deceiving.

Sixteen.

by goodgollyitsHOLLY 4 reviews

Chapter sixteen.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2009-05-12 - Updated: 2009-05-13 - 1179 words

0Unrated
I apologize for the lack of excitement in this chapter, it's just a mundane filler. I promise the next one will be good and exciting.

Sixteen

Whoever thought of shopping two days before Christmas was stupid. It was only 1:30 and the mall was packed with last minute shoppers, a cranky me and an over exited pregnant girl with with a credit card.
"Have you gotten anything for Ryan yet?" I asked as we sat down to lunch. At Rain Forest Cafe, of all places.
"Nope, I'm saving him for last. I figure if I get all of the stuff I need out of the way first it would be easier." Holly said taking a bite of a chicken tender as she did her little food dance in her chair.
"Why did you need to buy so many clothes?"
"Because this," she patted her belly "is only going to get bigger and I have to look cute, even when I'm swollen everywhere and cranky.
"I know that, but you don't need that many clothes when you'll only be able to wear them when you're pregnant." I said as she gave me a hard stare.
"Are you feeling okay Cait?"
"Yes. I just want to finish so we can get out of this crowded mall and go home. What are you getting Ryan anyway?"
"Um, the complete Freaks and Geeks series on DVD and a new macbook. He's been saying that he's having a lot of problems with the laptop he has now so I figured I'd get him that. I ordered some Egyptian instruments for him too. They're being delivered later on today."
"Sounds like someone is going to have a very good Christmas." I smiled, my stupid cranky mood uplifting when I saw the sparkle in her blue eyes.
"I hope so." She said before slinging her purse over her shoulder and picking up her bags after we paid our bill and made our way to the stores that would have Ryan's presents.

-

"Isn't it cliche to get your wife jewelry for Christmas?" Brendon asked as he and Ryan drove to the Tiffany's at the Forum Shops at Caesars. Ryan just shrugged slightly as he looked over his shoulder before merging into another lane.
"It might be."
"What are you getting her anyway?"
"Well, my mom has this really cool antique silver oval locket with a piece of turquoise in the middle and it's bigger and I have a picture in it already and I know Holly would really love it."
"So then why are we going here? I'm confused."
"Well the chain broke so it's just the pendant and when I bought her engagement ring I saw this silver chain with a few diamonds on it." Ryan explained as he parked his car. "And she really wants one of those 'Return to Tiffany's' bracelets. The round one, not the heart."
"You are so whipped. You're willingly going to Tiffany's to buy jewelry and you didn't even fuck anything up."
"Well I want her first Christmas married to me to be happy and everything she's ever dreamed of. You can't tell me you wouldn't do the same for Cait."
"I would..."
"Then why are you nagging me?" Ryan snapped.
"Because it's fun to get you all worked up Ryro." Brendon teased before ruffling Ryan's hair. Ryan huffed and rolled his eyes before getting out. "So is Holly really excited to be a mom or is she still scared shitless?"
"Well, she's both I guess. I can tell she's excited and I can tell she's not as scared as she was when we found out, but ever since your olive on a tooth pick comment she's been freaking out that she'll look like octo-mom or something in a few months even though there's only one baby and not eight."
"Ah, yeah. Octo-mom is my favorite x-men." Brendon said. Ryan gave him a questioning look. "What?"
"Nothing." Ryan shook his head before they reached the doors.

-

"Where's Ryan?" I asked a few hours later as we lugged all the bags inside.
"Um, well he has the day off so he could be anywhere." Holly replied as she pulled some wrapping paper and gift bags out of the hall closet. "He's with Brendon so..."
"Oh." I nodded before looking around the apartment. Even though I had only moved out yesterday, it looked so different. It was like I was never even here at all. "Are you and Ryan going to buy a house?"
"Maybe someday, but for now we're good here."
"That makes sense." I told her before joining her on the floor so we could wrap presents for our boys and each other.

A few hours later everything was wrapped and bagged. Holly was tired from our day and went to go take a nap while I hung out in the living room with the TV on.
"Sup bebe?" Brendon asked as he barged into the apartment like it was his own.
"Chillin'." I said as I watched my love and Ryan walk in with a few bags. "She's taking a nap." I told Ryan. He looked like he was looking for something and I assumed it was his girl (which was a correct assumption). He smiled and nodded his thanks before heading off to their room.
"So how was your day?" Brendon asked as he sat down next to me.
"Kind of boring and hectic at the same time. I'm never shopping this close to Christmas ever again."
"Yeah, where we went it was pretty packed too."
"Can we go home?"
"Of course we can." He held his hand out to help me up before we went to say a quick goodbye to Ryan. It didn't take us very long to pick up our bags and head out to my car.
"Ryan picked you up then?"
"Yep." Brendon yawned. The rest of the night was spent hiding Brendon's presents, decorating a five foot fiber optic tree, making Christmas cookies...only to have Brendon: the human garbage disposal eat them all before I could even finish making the frosting, and then cuddling on the couch with some peppermint hot chocolate. "So do you want to blow off my family and spend the day together or hang out with them?"
"I think we should hang out with them." I said as he groaned. "Who knows babe, they might have some amazing presents and fattening food for you to devour."
"Well when you mention the finer points of the holiday." He chuckled before wrapping his arm around my shoulder and bringing me to a tighter hold. The night was content; peaceful, and little did we know that things were about to change.

Oh man. So, I think I'm going to work on the next chapter right now (which may be in two parts...). If I get a break tomorrow from packing for my trip on Thursday and running errands I'll post but if not I'll try to update on Tuesday or Wednesday. You know the drill, read and review lovelies. :D
Sign up to rate and review this story