Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Can You Keep A Secret?

Hello Chicago...

by kviciousbenji 1 review

Ace and Sonny move to Chicago to persue their dreams...Mostly gonna be TAI and ARTTM so sorry FOB fans!

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Humor,Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-05-16 - Updated: 2009-05-17 - 1121 words

0Unrated
"I could get used to this," Ace spoke as she peared out the window of our 4th story apartment. The Chicago skyline was in the distance as the sun set causing the sky to turn a cotton candy pink splashed with bits of orange. She turned around swiftly to the living corters where I resided. My hair in a messy bun, glasses at the tip of my tiny nose as I tapped away at the keyboard on my laptop seemingly lost in my work.
"Are you going to be working on that all night," October questioned as she nodded towards the open word document where I was writing up another album review for our music blog, Permanent Jetlag.
"I have to get this done," I answered, voice monotone as I concentrated on the glowing screen. She sighed and starting pushing the laptop closed, causing me to look at her.
"Look, I know a lot of shit as gone with Nate and us leaving home, but you gotta get over it. You're 22 years old! Live a little, sweetie," she said brushing my bangs out of my face. Ace was write of course, I mean Nate was the reason why I've burried myself in work. Ever since we left 2 weeks ago going from the blistering heat of Phoenix to windy Chicago I couldn't help but feel horrible for breaking off my relationship with him.
We had been dating almost a year when I finally decided it was time for change. I need to break free from my routes and go to where my heart decided to take me. I opened the laptop up again, clicked save, and shut it once more surrendering to the truth that I was faced with.
Ace smiled and brushed her fire red hair back into a ponytail humming. "Oh," she squeaked turning back to face me again,"Lets go to Angels and Kings tonight!"
"No," I said flattly as I began to stand up off the couch and walk into my bedroom. Ace followed behind me pouting,"Why?"
I grumbled as I buried my face into the pillows layed out on my full size bed. I turned onto my back and stared at the ceiling,"We finally finished unpacking and I'd really like to relax a little while."
She rolled her eyes and poked my side,"We can relax with a few shots! Come on, Sonny, you have to get out sometime. Again, she was right, but I just didn't feel like going out after all that's gone on. Nate's face still burned at the back of mind from the day I ended it. He looked like a puppy who was hit by a car and was kicked while he was down. I shook my head trying to jolt the image out of my line of vision.
"Come on, get your ass up and make yourself pretty," Ace said poking my sides. I jumped,"Okay! Geeze, stop poking me!"
She grinned in satisfaction at her victory and walked out of the room. I groaned as I sat up and made my way to my closet.
What to wear...
I ran my hands over the clothes that lined the closet feeling the materials brush my fingertips. I finally picked out a slim fit shirt with a faded peace sign on the front and one of my vests and a pair of skinny jeans and made my way into the bathroom. After dressing I did my simple eyeliner and adjusted my nose ring. The final touch after all was done was my Snakes and Suits ampersand necklace. I walked into the living area where Ace awaited. Her hair was down to her shoulders, a bright red shade. She had a flower clipped into it and she wore a sweetheart neckline dress that was a simple classic shade of black. She looked like a classic Hollywood star.
"Well, someone is all dolled up tonight," I smirked as she twirled and laughed. She flipped me off and soon we were off.
Once we entered I noticed a sign mentioning a fun little open mic and anyone could sign up. Ace's eyes lit up,"Sonny! You should try it!"
I shrugged as I stared at the list. I couldn't...could I?
Ace let out of breathe in frustration and wrote my name across the line.
"But Ace, come on, you know as much as I do that I'm horrible in front of people I don't know," I said as my forhead creased from worry.
"I'll sing, you just bring your guitar skills," she spoke simply. My heart eased a little as we made our way to the stage area. There was a rack of guitars there that performers could use. I grabbed one that was black laqoured and looked gorgeous as ever. I plucked the strings tuning it a bit.
Just then the person who had gone up first had finished and stepped off and that's when our names were called to the mic. Ace grinned wildly as she sat on stage in front of the microphone set up. I sighed and made my way up taking the seat next to her. I began to strum the chords and soon enough Ace began;
Say you're sorry
That face of an angel comes out
Just when you need it to
As I pace back and forth all this time...

I noticed as I looked out to the crowd from time to time that people were moving closer, turning their attention to us. I put my head back down again strumming. The song was over in no time it seemed and we walked off only for Ace to be stopped by a boy wearing a flannel shirt and a vest with a large peace sign necklace draped around his neck.
"That was a Taylor Swift song," He said with a smile looking at Ace. She blushed looking down at her shoes. "Yeah. We always play White Horse," She spoke, her eyes seeming to turn a brighter green as she looked at him.
"Nick," he said holding out his hand,"Nick Santino."
"Acelynn Johnson, but everyone calls me Ace," she took his hand and smiled.
"Gorgeous name. Can I buy you a drink," He asked her.
She nodded and walked off with him to the bar. I raised an eyebrow and made my way to an area of seats and plopped down, my eyes gazing at my surroundings.
"Nice set up there," a male voice spoke causing me to jump a little. "Oh crap I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."
I turned to the voice and was met by a pair of dark brown eyes covered by large thick rimmed glasses...

To Be Continued...
Sign up to rate and review this story