Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Listen to the Rain

by shy0music0girl0vicky 1 review

Haylee and Frank come from completely different worlds. But they both have one thing in common: they both find their only comfort in the rain.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] [R] - Published: 2009-05-17 - Updated: 2009-05-17 - 674 words

1Insightful
Haylee
I sat alone in my cold room, curled in a little ball on my bed, tangled in my thin blankets to keep warm. I just sat there thinking, waiting for the sound I stayed up for every spring. The steady thrumming of nature's lullaby and the only thing that made me feel safe and at ease in the hell hole I called home. I looked out my window patiently, the light of dawn giving off enough light for me to see the heavy grey clouds floating in the horizon. I smiled to myself and looked at the water droplets falling from the atmosphere. I closed my eyes and allowed myself to drift off and forget my troubles
The rain had finally come. I had no reason to be afraid.
~One Hour Later~
I woke up after my alarm went off at 7 to see that the rain had stopped falling and the sun had chased the clouds away. The only sign that it had rained was the water on my window pane. I sighed softly to myself and got out of bed, walking into my bathroom to get ready for school.
5 minutes later I was out of my shower and examining my body in the mirror. Scars and bruises covered most of my visible skin. I ran my fingers slowly over my stomach and flinched as I ran my fingers over one of my larger, fresher scars. I frowned and took gauze from my cabinet and put it over the scar as I walked into my room to get dressed. I picked up a random pair of red skinnies and a black shirt and hoodie and walked cautiously out of my room. I peered into my parent’s room and let out a sigh of relief when I saw they were both passed out.
I ran down the stairs and out the door grabbing my iPod and backpack off the table by the door before I left. I walked across the street to school, my iPod blasting Blessthefall into my ears. I put my hood up as I walked into the building and tried my best to blend into the crowd. I opened my locker and took out my biology book and disappeared into the crowd again, not noticing all the eyes staring at me and the whispers that they said.

Frank
I stood by my locker, my mind in a haze. And it wasn't from pot. It had rained last night and earlier this morning and my spirits felt lifted. It felt like the rain washed away all my problems and left me with nothing but the good things in life. It made me forget about my parent's divorce and all the ridicule that the other kids gave me. Made me forget the fact I came home every day with a bloody lip or nose. It made me feel like nothing could touch me.
I smiled and remembered that feeling, spacing out until I felt someone trip over my outstretched legs.
I looked over to my side and saw the small brunette from my history class gathering her things, her head down. I knelt down beside her to help her gather up her scattered possessions. She looked up at me and looked away immediately muttering a small "thank you" when all her things were back in her backpack. Before I could say "it's okay" to her, she hurried away and disappeared around the corner.
She was a very small girl, an inch or too I only saw her face for a moment, but I realized how beautiful she was. Her face was angelic and innocent and her skin was a beautiful pale peach. But what drew me in the most were her large, expressive green eyes; outlined with black eyeliner almost as thick as mine. They were so beautiful but so sad and guarded. I captured an image of her and kept it in my mind. I smiled and picked up my bag as I walked to my class.
She was so beautiful....
Sign up to rate and review this story