Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses

Something Is Changing Inside You.

by DontCry 1 review

for what it seemed to be an unbreakable friendship, would this be the end?

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-05-17 - Updated: 2009-05-17 - 1554 words - Complete

1Moving
I smiled as the young blonde girl took the guitar from my sweating hand's, wiping my forehead with the loose material that was placed in my back pocket, I headed backstage to our room. I was soon greeted by loud music and what seemed to be yelling, what was going on?

Opening the door I saw the TV had been smashed and kicked on it's side, along side the shattered piece's of glass that was spread across the floor and the noticeable hole that had been punched in the wall. Shocked I hadn't noticed Axl standing in the corner, hand's in his hair and his eye's shut. I opened the door a little further stepping inside a wimper could be heard, closing the door I found Izzy behind it backed up into the corner, his thin frame shaky uncontrolablly, looking up at me with those brown eye's that seemed to despritely scream for help.

Axl must have been in one of his mood's and poor Izzy was in the wrong place at the wrong time, taking his hand I led him out the room and placed him agasint the wall. His face covered by his messy hair, I could tell he had been crying. Lifting his head Izzy tried to restrain from my grip, I gently moved his hair to one side revealing a swollen and brusied up cheek.

'Oh, Izzy.' I sighed, pulling him into a hug.

Tiny cry's could be heard as his breath shortened and turned into heavy pant's, running my hand through his hair I placed a kiss upon his head before pulling away.

'Do you know where the rest of the band Is?' I asked.

Izzy simply nodded.

'Go join them.' I weakly smiled, watching Izzy slowly stumble down the hall and around a corner.

stepping into the room again Axl hadn't moved, he just stood there his drained body resting agasint the wall, his arm's placed by his side and his hair hung over his face. Closing the door I walked around the couch to where Axl stood and rested agasint the back of the couch, with my arm's folded I did nothing but stare at the lost singer that helplessly cried out for help inside.

'I didn't mean too.' Axl whispered, not lifting his head, not moving at all.

I knew he didn't mean too he was a good guy, just like any of us he had his bad day's, cept his was more often and a little more noticeable when he wasn't in the mood for anything.

'I know.' I replied.

'I don't know what to do anymore, Slash.' Axl said in a low tone, you could hear the pain and regret in his voice as he spoke. 'I'm scared.'

I sighed as my heart was aching, It had been only a week since Axl had thrown himself agasint me begging for help as he clung to my shoulder's I could tell that he was coming down from some substance he'd taken. I looked down seeing his green eye's glazed over and full of remorse, he managed to pull himself up and lean agasint my chest, I held him close. I felt him pull away and that's when he turned and told me..

'I don't want this anymore. the pain, regret and sorrow I try to drown out as I finish another bottle. I don't want to be angry all the time, I don't want to hurt you guy's anymore!. It hurt's me, when everything fade's away and reality's slowly coming into view again, I realise what I've done. I cry endless night's, Slash. I can't take it anymore, I don't want the band failing, I don't want to lose this!.' He cried, his cheek's soaking, his eye's red and puffy. 'I'm telling you this now, because when another one kick's in, I'll forget everything and I don't want to make another mistake.' and as I held his shaking body I felt his heart drain of all hope and faith.

The first three day's were complete hell. I was brutily beaten down, called everything you could name off, and hated. It wasn't easy, but I wasn't going to give up on him. and here I was now a week later.

'I know, Axl.' I replied. 'I'm here for you, I was within those three day's and I am now. I'm not going to

give up.' I saw Axl lift his head, his eye's watering as tear's remained falling down his cheek's.

'I have.' He whispered.

I continued starring at him, his eye's not moving from mine. I could feel tear's coming and I wasn't about to let Axl see. How could he do this? I helped him through everything, and he turn's back to his precious drug's!, I was hurt, I had tried everything and now I still had to continue watching him fade away into fist's of rage and a crying mess.. I didn't know if I could.

Breaking from his stare I turned and walked out the room, hearing footstep's behind me I refused to stop.

'SLASH!' I heard Axl cry, his voice shaky and broken.

I closed my eye's and keeped on walking until I reached my room, where I drowned out my feeling's from a bottle of Jack.

I woke up several hour's later my head thumping, I groaned as I pulled myself out of bed and lit a cigarette. I sighed and wondered if Axl was okay, I hated walking away from him. I cried silent tear's that night and prayed for a hopeful tomorrow.

But how wrong I was mistaken..

Meeting up with the band in a little studio the hotel kept in the back, there was no sight of Axl. I saw Izzy sitting on the amp, I looked at him trying to see if the bruise that stained his cheek looked any better, but I couldn't see his hair was in the way. He turned and caught me looking at him, he smiled and nodded as if too say, I'm okay. I smiled back as I grapped my guitar, within second's the door flew open and in walked Axl. his eye's blood shot and it looked like he hadn't slept, he scanned the room making eye contact with Izzy he just winked.

'What are we recording today?' Duff asked, a smile across his face.

'Sweet Child O'Mine.' Axl replied, grapping the mic and taking a seat on a table that was pushed agasint the wall.

I started to play as the rest of the band started joining in, Axl's word's were mumbled and quiet. I glanced at Duff who looked at me with the same ' what the hell ' expression I had and it seemed the rest relised it too. during my solo, my finger's slipped the alcohol I had endlessly dranken the night before had taken effect.

'STOP!' Axl yelled, turning and starring at me. 'Can't you play!, It was one song and you managed to fuck it up!' he continued slamming the mic on the floor that landed with a thud.

'I slipped! I'm not fucking superman Axl, I do make mistake's!' I screamed back. 'Unlike someone I can fix them!'

Axl's face never changed the anger still raging through his body, but I wasn't stupid as soon as I said it, I saw the sadness fill his eye's. It was hard yelling and screaming at the one person I trusted and loved, the only person I could ever talk too. I watched as he said nothing but simply storm out the room. I sighed, placing my guitar down I raced out after him.

'Why are you doing this?' I asked. seeing Axl had stopped and lent up agasint the wall. 'You told me you didn't want this to happen.. Axl your making it happen!'

His head dropped.

'I don't care.' He said. I could see he was hurting but I couldn't deal with this much longer.

'Axl.. I'm not stupid. I know you do, I'm trying to help why wont you let me?' I sighed.

'I'm not dragging you down.' Axl whispered turning to face me before he walked off.

----

That was all I remembered as the alcohol took affect and drained most of my thought's and memory away. It had been year's now since I seen Axl, and the pain was still there and I still thought about him everyday, and wondered if he was okay. sighing I hung my head, flicking on the radio the sweet tune filled the room causing me to breakdown into tear's..

Give me a whisper, and give me a sign. Give me a kiss before you, tell me goodbye. Don't you take it so hard now, and please don't take it so bad. I'll still be thinking of you, and the times we had, baby.

And please remember that I never lied, and please remember how I felt inside now honey. You gotta make it your own way, but you'll be alright now sugar. You'll feel better tomorrow, Come the morning light now baby.

And don't you cry, don't you ever cry. Don't you cry tonight, baby maybe someday. Don't you cry.
Sign up to rate and review this story