Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu Yu Hakusho

Fragile Simplicity

by Fuuma 1 review

No one understands Keiko quite like she does. [Yukina + Keiko]

Category: Yu Yu Hakusho - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Characters: Keiko, Yukina - Published: 2006-04-01 - Updated: 2006-04-01 - 272 words - Complete

1Insightful
Author's Notes: Yet another drabble request from my Live Journal. These are fun to do. It doesn't make any sense, but I kind of like it.



Fragile Simplicity

Most people don't even notice her as they walk by. Maybe they glimpse once, but they ultimately focus their attention somewhere else, perhaps at that dress in the shop window, or that car in the lot that they could never afford. She is one of those people who is evaluated and then forgotten, because one assumes that they will never see her again - like so many other faces in the crowd. She is not overly beautiful or glamourous, therefore she is not worthy of attention.

And on it goes. A dreary cycle. She sits there in the shop, sometimes reading a novel, othertimes glancing out the glass panels with the look of a young girl dreaming of her Prince Charming. Maybe that's what she is.

But I don't think so.

She's waited so long. Her faith is unshakable. Most wonder... what binds her? It's a shame, they think - she's so young, so talented, she could amount to so much - and yet she waits for an idealistic reality that could very well be an illusion.

But I understand.

It's really quite simple, I know. I too am looking for someone I may never find. It's only natural to cling to hope, no matter how foolish it may be, when it's the only light in the darkness. It's a simple thing that many cannot seem to comprehend. But we know.

Yukimura Keiko is beautiful in her simplicity.

If only she waited for me instead of him.
Sign up to rate and review this story