Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Heartbeats

Ch. 2: Hope? Maybe....

by WhiteFang323 0 reviews

Kakashi wakes from unconsciousness. Shori chapter, but the next is INSANELY LONG for some reason. My fault....

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Characters: Kakashi - Published: 2009-05-20 - Updated: 2009-05-20 - 466 words

0Unrated
Dammit….
Kakashi slowly came back into consciousness, becoming aware of his head ringing like shit. He groaned slightly, keeping his eyes shut tight.
Where am I?
He chanced a look, and opened his right eye a slit. Kakashi groaned, closing it again. He remembered.
“Shit…”
His mind instantly went back to the interrogations, the torture, the staring eyes….
A knife of pain shot through his body, jolting both his eyes open. He tore off his mask with his right arm and vomited onto the stone floor, the pain jolting to every part of his body. He moaned, and turned onto his left side, trying to block out everything that had happened during the past few days, but to no prevail. The pain just increased, and grimacing, turned once again onto his back. Kakashi lay there, gasping for breath, though each breath he took hurt his body as it went into his lungs. He gained a little more consciousness as the hurt swept through him. His breathing calmed, and he slowly began checking his injuries from last night. Or day? He didn’t know, it was always dark here. He groaned inwardly, as his left arm and both legs were badly broken. Considering how each breath pained his chest, about five to six ribs my have been cracked, and judging from the blood dripping out of his mouth and seeping though his shirt and down his forehead, some internal organs had definitely been ruptured, and he must had suffered some sort of head injury. He was cut and bruised everywhere, and everything hurt. He looked around himself to have some sort of knowledge of where exactly in the hideout, or base, whatever you wanted to call it, he was. He eyes met with three stone walls, and bars. Kakashi decided that he was lying in some sort of cell. A locked, barred one. He smirked mirthlessly at the waste of it all.
Guess there’s no way of getting out now……not like I could before though…..heh…..”
If the Akatsuki would lock a disabled, wounded man who couldn’t even walk to save his life up to prevent escape, then they wanted the information out of his head badly. They couldn’t do much more physical torture anymore to him, that was for certain. It was what they were most likely going to do next that frightened him. He broke into a cold sweat, remembering Tsukyomi, the nightmare realm that Itachi had forced him into. Worse fates were in his future for sure. He smirked.
I’m definitely not getting out of here…..alive. But dammit…..I gotta say alive…..for the Leaf Village…..For Anko.
This though gave him a trace of hope and courage, and he fell back into a cold, dark, nightmarish sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story