Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > .waste.of.time.

.then.the.backlash.

by ViciousHouse 4 reviews

Hey, how long until the music drives you wild?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-05-23 - Updated: 2009-05-24 - 524 words

0Unrated
My hands were numb as I clapped and Gerard returned to his seat.

I stared at him, feeling like my eyeballs were on the verge of falling out.

He looked at me, looked back at the dark-haired man, who was speaking, and then looked back at me and shrugged.

I shook my head and focused on the dark-haired man.

“So, within the next couple of weeks we’ll give you a call,” he was saying. “Thanks for coming.”

Gerard, Lindsay and I stood up and left the theater.

“You both did really good,” she said.

“Thanks,” I said. “I love your voice.”

“Oh, thanks,” she said, and smiled. “I hope you get in.”

“You, too.”

“See ya.”

“Yeah, bye.” I looked around for Gerard. He was getting a drink of water from a nearby fountain. I motioned for him to come over.

“What the fuck was that?” I asked as soon as we were outside.

“What was what?” he said casually, as though he hadn’t just sang circles around Lindsay and me in there.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa,” I said, stopping in front of him. I pointed a finger at him. “You do not just go in there and sing like that and then act all casual. ‘What was what?’” I said, imitating him.

“I do not sound like that.”

“Well, excuse me for being a girl, I can’t mimic a guy voice --- that’s completely irrelevant. Where in the hell did you learn to sing like that?”

He just blinked at me. “Like what? Seriously. It wasn’t that great.”

“No, it wasn’t ‘great’ at all. It was insane. It was spectacular.”

“Spectacular?” He shook his head and stepped past me to continue walking.

I speed walked to catch up with him and overtook him in several steps. “Are you kidding me?”

“Uh, no. Are you?” He unlocked his car and climbed in the driver’s seat.

I climbed in the passenger’s seat and was too focused on Gerard’s vocal cords to remember to buckle my seatbelt. “Gerard.” I stopped him as he put the key in the ignition. “Why didn’t you tell me you could sing like that?”

He shrugged. “I thought you knew.”

“I knew? How could I know?”

“You’ve heard me sing.”

“Well, yeah, but that was just humming along to whatever songs we were listening to --- that wasn’t, like, full-out singing like you did in there.”

“So you’re telling me there’s a difference.” He started the car and backed out of the parking space.

“Uh, yeah. I’m telling you there’s a world of difference.”

“Like how?”

“Like, I’ve never heard anyone, ever, sing like you did.”

“Now you’re just exaggerating.”

“Since when do I exaggerate?”

“Since now, apparently.”

“Gerard!”

“Alixz. It’s not a big deal.”

“Yes, it is!”

“God! Will you stop?” He glared at me as he stopped at a stoplight.

“Fine.” I held my hands up in surrender. “Look, can we go somewhere? I don’t want to go home just yet.”

He grinned. “It’s like you read my mind.”
Sign up to rate and review this story