Categories > TV > Dark Angel > We'll Fight Till The End!

The People I've killed

by Loralee_jk 0 reviews

Category: Dark Angel - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Alec - Published: 2009-06-10 - Updated: 2009-06-10 - 2921 words

0Unrated
The People I've killed

“Ready positions!” hollered one of the guards to Alec and Loralee, who were getting ready to fight. Everyone knew that Alec could beat Loralee. She may be faster but he was a year older, and stronger
.
The only reason they were going to fight was because Alec had just got out of solitude. Manticore wanted to see if he was back to his regular strength. Loralee was a challenge, Alec knew this fight would take a while. Witch was saying a lot, considering he could beat other trangenics twice his size in only a few minutes. Loralee however was indeed faster. Normally it wouldn’t be a problem for him but she was also a great fighter, and smart. She used everything to her advantage. But mainly the reason was they were best friends and didn’t want to hurt each other...and Alec really was NOT back to his regular strength yet.

“214! GET YOU’RE ASS OVER HERE!” demanded the guard, who looked pissed at Loralee for not coming right away. She would rather talk to Annabelle, and Bashiar. But she ran over when he called her designation none the less.

They were both dressed in black, green and brown tops and pants- your typical army clothing. As were all the other X5’s in the room. They walked to the center of the mat in unison but from opposite sides. They looked each other in the eyes, on whether they were really going to fight or just fake it.

Loralee read Alec’s eyes as if he were speaking them. They were going to fight. Loralee knew why. Manticore would be watching Alec closely to see if he was still affected by the accident. They couldn’t afford to fake it this time. So they bowed there heads, press there hands together in front of them as if they were praying and began.

They circled each other first to see any movements of weakness. Loralee saw one. Alec’s feet were a few C.M. wider then his shoulders width. She dropped down to the ground in a crouch with two hands shoulder with apart one leg tucked under, so he had nothing to grab, but her other leg that was stretched out. Went right between his two, and she quickly turned her body left along with were leg, tripping Alec to the ground in the process.

Alec was ready though, he dropped to the ground with hands out front to catch himself. Now they were both on the ground in a crouch position, and well they kind of looked like monkeys.

Alec Pounced on Loralee tackling her backwards, with him on top. But like I said, Loralee was fast. Before he could pin her down she blurred to the side, and missed his hand that would have grabbed her throat. Alec did a back-flip and was on his feet again. As was Loralee who did a front-flip.

For the next 2.5 minutes they swung fists and feet at each other, a long with tackling and head-butting. By this time Loralee had a bruise on her: arm, upper left leg, stomach and she was pretty sure she had a broken finger.

Alec just had a bruise on his upper arm, and 2 scratch marks, one on his left cheek and the other on his chest.

For two 9 and 10 year olds they sure knew how to fight. And for a 9 year old girl Loralee sure seem to have some claws. But in the end Alec won. who finally got Loralee’s hands pined down to the ground with her back flat against the ground because Alec was sitting on her.

Surprisingly that was usually how there fight ended, whether they were pretending on not. But sometimes Loralee would be on top, with a smug smile and a pissed off Alec.

“K that’s good, you two head to the showers.” yelled the same guard who had told them to fight in the first place. He was holding a clip board, so he must have been marking them.

Alec swung his leg over the other X5, and extended a hand to help her up. She took it, smiling. Then pulled on it hard causing Alec to tumble down beside her. She gracefully got up and dusted off her pants.

“Don’t let anyone tell you you’re a poor sport” Alec said with obvious sarcasm in his voice.

“Screw you, you broke my finger!” replied the younger X-5. “You know you had it coming” She didn’t sound mad. She was saying it in a mocking manner.

They both knew she wasn’t a poor sport; this was just there little on-going game they had. Alec got to his feet and they stood there talking about whatever came to mind.

“I told you two, to go to the fucking showers, 2 minutes ago. Why the hell are you still here?!” the TAC officer screamed, very pissed off. They knew he wouldn’t do anything about it, besides yelling at them- as far as Loralee was concerned, she didn’t care but……Alec, well Alec’s reaction was different.

“Oh yeah? Well FUCK YOU!” Yelled Alec and holding up his two middle fingers and crossing them over each other. Most of the X5 knew that 494 had anger problems. It was always funny to see him get mad, just as long as you’re not the one he’s mad at. Causes if you are....well then you’re pretty much screwed.

The man didn’t do anything. He knew to stay out of the way of an angry killing machine-being a 10 year old child didn’t really factor into it. He just picked up his gun and used it to point to where the showers were. “Get going” he said, this time with little emotion in his voice. He didn’t want to get him madder, or have him know he was scared. They had all been trained for situations like this, and every human there knew not to piss them off, and to back off, unless they were getting violent. Just keep calm. Don’t move. And give the order again. Thankfully they headed to the showers without much more then an angry glare from the boy.

Most people and X-5, didn’t want to make 494’s mad. He had a tendency to get violent. He had an anger management problem, were if you got him really mad you end up in a HUGE fight with him winning, and you with a few broken bones, and the taste of your own blood in your mouth.

Alec’s unit were all experimented on when they were two. Manticore was trying to make them more animal like with out changing there appearance. They didn’t think it worked. They’d been working on them for 4 months, and nothing. They weren’t getting faster, stronger or smarter. Well with Alec they couldn’t really tell, he was extremely smart. Even for and X5. But the rest of his unit had a regular IQ for X5. So they figured he was just smart. Manticore finally let them go back to there regular routine.

FLASHBACK

X5-494 and X5-214 were out on a little mission in the forest, they were just out there to kill about 8 people, probably homeless people- no-one would miss. They always seemed to smell really bad. Manticore would give them weapons, they each had a gun and were all trying to get away, and if they had to they would kill the ‘Children’ that were running after them. Five were already dead, killed in minutes, and they were now on the hunt for the other 3. It wasn’t hard to track them. Their smell gave them all away. Both X-5 knew that they were closing in on the fence and maybe even trying to climb it. 494 went left and 214 went right, to cut them off. Loralee saw the 6th person. He was: tall, thin, about 30 and running for his life. But more importantly he was her target. And she was the terminator

“Hi” she said brightly. She may be going to kill him, but she didn’t have to be rude about it. The man stopped dead in his tracks. He was smiling too. Loralee wasn’t sure if it was because he thought he could kill her, or if he though this little game was over. ‘Whatever’ she thought. Didn’t matter to her, he was as good as dead. She began walking to him when she heard a noise on her left- a twig breaking under a foot, then another noise on her right. A cocked gun. Then in-front of her the still smiling hobo was holding HIS gun out. She didn’t have to look around. She knew she was surrounded. ‘Ahh crap!?’ She scolded her self. Positions had changed, and the rules were different. The hunter had now become the hunted.

She could see the first man holding up one finger, then two, then 3-BANG. All three guns went off in one shot. Hitting her in the: leg, chest and back. Blood splattered everywhere, and there was still more coming. All three men came up to her in unison. “KILL OUR FRIENDS WILL YA?!” Spit the second guy, raising his gun and shooting her in the stomach. “HUNT US LIKE ANIMALS!” hissed the 3rd guy then shot her in the rib cage. X-5 214 was no idiot. She knew they weren’t going to kill her. They wouldn’t give her that satisfaction.

NO, they were going to torture her for killing their friends. The same thing she would do if she were them.

“LET SEE HOW LONG WE CAN SHOOT YOU BEFOR WE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM FOR YOU’RE LIFE!” yelled the first guy. He didn’t shoot her, though. Instead he kicked her in the head. Hard. Loralee didn’t scream, She gave a small cry of pain but not loud enough for them to hear. Then he raised his gun to her knee. But it never came. There was a gun shot but it wasn’t aimed at her.

A male scream cut the air like a knife. The first man fell to the ground. Not dead just in pain. Loralee knew Alec was here now. He would help her. She also knew he wouldn’t give THEM the satisfaction of a quick death either.

The last two remaining men spun around looking for the new killer. In a blur they were both on the ground with broken noses and one bleeding eye each. Alec came blurring to his friend. There was blood everywhere. There was some coming down her face from her head, were she’d been kicked. It was dark red, some of the blood looked purple it was so thick. He could tell she was having trouble breathing, from the holes in her chest he could hear the effort put behind each breath. It looked like something from a horror movie, but on a 6 year old child instead of a movie star.

“God” Alec whispered in horror. He’d seen some pretty gross stuff in his short 7 years, but it had all happened to people he didn’t know. The worst part was he knew when he got older he would be seeing a lot more of this. Maybe even on him. “hold on-” he cautioned while looking for one of those stupid radios they always had.

“Hold on, I’m gonna call Someone” he was mumbling now. “This X-5 494. Demanding medical attention” he said in a strong voice. “There’s been a complication, with the target, and a medical emergency with X5-214”

“494 this is Lydecker, what’s your position?” asked the Colonel. Alec knowing full well they wouldn’t send anyone unless the whole mission was complete. “The target’s are terminated” he lied. It wasn’t a complete lie, most of them were. The 3 remaining would be soon.

“Very good. Sending medical attention now.” Lydecker told him. “Over and out” then signed off.

Alec looked up from his radio, to his friend. “I’ll be back” he promised, and then squeezed her hand. She didn’t move, didn’t even seem to acknowledge him. ‘Maybe it’s too late. Maybe she’s already dead’ he thought. ‘NO! She’s a soldier. She WILL make it’ with that he stood up and walked over to them. Humans that in his mind were now lower then dirt.

He could feel all his anger coming back now. He may not be allowed to show emotion, but that doesn’t mean he didn’t know what they meant, or how to use them. Alec now knew what all the experimenting was about when they were two. It had something to do with what was happening to him now.

The color of his eyes turned a bright green, making it look like they were glowing. Then his clothes turned black and it looked like they melted into his body like a second layer of skin, but black...And with fur now growing on it, and was completely covered in it within 10 milliseconds. A black tail sprouted from him, and he had ears on the top of his head. He had...well changed in to a panther. ‘Panther DNA does kick ass’ he thought darkly, as he saw the terrified looked in their eyes

He gave out a growl then a primal roar, with his fangs showing brightly. The first man had gotten up. Big mistake. He was in-front of them all. He’d be the first to go.

Alec snarled. Then ran and pounced of him. Before the man could fall to the ground 494 had already killed him, by biting into his neck with his fangs. He stood on top of his target, blood dripping from his mouth and fangs. He lifted his powerful paw and swung it across the dead mans face. Leaving 4 claw marks across it. He’d marked his kill. Now onto the next. He walked over the dead man. snarling, then circled the 2nd one. He was shaking. But 494 DID NOT care. He bit his arm like a starving dog would at food. He popped all of the veins in his wrist. It was gushing blood. The man screamed in agony, clutching his arm and doubled over. The X-5 brought his deadly paw down swiftly across his throat. Leaving 4 claw marks. The man was barely breathing. 494 bit into his chest, scratching it, and then biting it some more until he found what he was digging for, a beating heart. He picked up the heart with his mouth, ripping it from his chest, with veins braking and blood spilling, and chomped on it. It literally exploded in his mouth... Blood was everywhere. But X-5 494 wasn’t done yet. He spit the remains of the heart out. Then growled and walked over to the last one that he still had to kill. 494 knew he could make all of this scarier and more painful, but he was running out of time. The medical help would be here soon.

The third man was the most scared. He’d witnessed what this animal had done. He knew what would happen to him.

So he ran. He turned his back on the enemy and ran for his life once more. 494 was happy at this. He knew that this would be even scarier. The man had turned his back to him so he would have no idea when the pain would come. A very stupid move. 494 ran after him, as quiet as the wind. The man had no idea the animal was right behind him- literally only 2 steps away. 494 bit at his leg moved his head right to left- left to right viciously , causing more pain. 494 swung his head back so quickly and strongly it sent the man flying. He landed beside a tree, metres away and crying in pain. The fall had made him break 2 ribs and an arm. 494 walked over to him scratching him across the forehead, leaving 4 claw marks.

494 could hear the medics coming he had less then a minute to finish this and get out of there. So he bit into his neck savagely, ripping and tearing it. The man had already died but 494 kept at it. He realized he only had 20 seconds left before the paramedics would be able to see them. He let go of the dead man, with more blood dripping from his mouth. He ran off as fast as possible.

When the paramedics got there they saw 4 very disgusting looking people- three men and one little girl, the only survivor. “Holy shit” said the dark haired man. He’d worked at Manticore for 5 years now and never had he seen anything like this.

494 kept running until he couldn’t hear anyone anymore. He ran to a pound. He was still mad. Not just at those people, but at how he let his emotions totally take over him. He’d become what Manticore wanted. A cold-blooded killer. He changed back to human again. The taste of blood filled his mouth and nostrils. And was shocked at what he saw as his reflection. There was blood all over it. And none of it was his.

END OF FLASHBACK

214 and 494 had made it to the showers. They stripped down and got into to separate stalls , still talking about the most random things, while they sopped up and washed their hair.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&0_0&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Sign up to rate and review this story