Categories > TV > Dark Angel > We'll Fight Till The End!

What Its Like To Feel Alone

by Loralee_jk 0 reviews

Category: Dark Angel - Rating: G - Genres:  - Characters: Alec - Published: 2009-06-10 - Updated: 2009-06-10 - 2018 words

0Unrated
What Its Like To Feel Alone

“OH GOD! IT HURTS, IT HURTS!” Came the screams of a crying 214 from the basement as another dark green injection was put into her arm. Her wrists and ankles were chained to the wall. She had a scar down her right cheek and another one down her left arm, from her shoulder to about 2 inches past her elbow, along with other little scars, cuts, scrapes, and bruises all over her body. Her dirty blond hair was covering most of her face. She didn’t want anyone to see her face anymore. She was cold, hungry, bleeding, tiered and for the most part, all alone. Alec had been dragged away almost 3 hours ago, and she hadn’t seen him since.

“Its ok, stop crying” came Steve’s voice from across the room when they were along again. 214 looked up to where the voice came from, to see that he was completely covered in black and blue bruises. She could barley see him. Plus the fact that her eye was bleeding and she was trying to keep it close. 214 hadn’t even know why he was there. Or when he even came in. Same with Kat and CeCe on either side of him. She could see them all now. None of them had a twin except Steve, but his died after birth. And they weren’t involved in the shooting like she and Alec had been.

The only reason she could come up with was the fact that they were from her and Alec’s unit. In a twisted way it all made sense, because she and Alec were involved there was no proof that the rest of their unit wasn’t. As soon as Loralee thought it wasn’t possible to feel any worse. Mentally or physically she was proven wrong. Because of her and Alec the rest of her unit was here too. She just realized in the past few days she’d probably seen every member of her unit at one point or another. They’d all just recently started coming in. So unless they all got into deep trouble, Manticore had dragged them all down here with her and Alec, but he’d been gone for so long he may even be dead. As soon as the though entered her mind, it was blown back out. One of the many heavy doors that lead to their little dungeon was opened and in fell Alec- bloody mess and all. Loralee, CeCe and Katy’s faces immediately lit up, at the sight of their C.O. Steve who was like a brother to Alec just gave him a nod of acknowledgement. For some reason they all had the thought in there mind that guys can’t show their feeling towards each other. But after a good 10 sec. of 494 not moving, all their face’s changed to horror.

“Get the fuck up, ya little runt!” yelled one of the MANY pissed off guards that Alec had made mad in the last few days. Not to mention the old ones from last week who just refused to work with him in any way, shape or form. Although Alec was definitely not the runt of their or any other unit, he was indeed little. In the last 2 weeks alone he’d lost at least 13 pounds, and 9 pounds before that. He was becoming extremely sick all the time and always seemed a little pale. And for a growing 11 year old boy to be losing that much weigh was just not safe. For him or Manticore. They couldn’t afford to lose anymore X5’s after the 12 09ers that just got away. Especially not one as valuable as Alec.

“Get up!” yelled the slightly over weight man, before he kicked Alec in the side, for not moving fast enough. Then kicked him harder, causing him to fall back onto his side in pain. But 494 still did not yell out. He wouldn’t give him that satisfaction. But the pain was clear on his face. Again the man kicked him, this time actually causing him to fly backwards a little. “I SAID GET UP!” yelled the very pissed of guard. But Alec couldn’t. He could barely move. And again the guard raised his foot to kick him.

“STOP IT!” screamed CeCe from her spot in the dark. “STOP IT!” She sounded like one of those girls from a horror movie screaming for her life.

“THAT’S ENOUGH!” Came a booming voice from the door. It was Lydecker. He was standing in the door frame, looking completely relaxed. Any other man that came into a room with bleeding 9 - 11 year olds would be horrified. But then again Donald Lydecker wasn’t much of a man. “Their 6 months are up.” He said referring to 494, 214 and the rest that had been down their that long, “And the rest don’t know anything.” He continued nodding his head towards Steve, Kat, and Cece, as well as any others in their unit. He then made a disgusted face at Alec “Take ‘em all to solitary, and get ‘em patched up,” he told the guard with a bit of a groggy voice, before walking away, with the sliding doors closing behind him. He’d seemed a little disoriented

The man just looked down at the young X5. “You’re a lucky one, you are” He whispered loudly to him before radioing in some more guard to help him with the 5 kids in this room, as well as about the 21ish others in different rooms.

2 DAYS LATER

Kat was lying in a white bed, in a white room, that like all the other rooms had one window with bars on it. It was only 5:30 am but the sun woke her up. She looked around to see who else was still in the room. Steve was still in the bed next to her, but he’d been sleeping for 2 days straight. Cece was across the room also sleeping, but 494 and 214’s bed were both gone. Alec had been sleeping since they got their, but Loralee had woken up a few times and talked with her and Cece, before falling back to sleep. Her and Alec had been hurt the worst, but after Steve came in they stopped paying attention to her, and began focusing on Steve, probably because he’d given them so much lip. So she got a few days grace while Steve got anything but…… which is probably why he and Alec were still sleeping. Neither of then knew when to shut up, and stop pissing of the men with the power.

But the more Kat thought about it the more she started to realize, if they hadn’t done that then maybe Loralee, her self, Cece, and who ever else was in the room at the time, may have gotten more cuts and scars, then they would have it the two male X5s weren’t there. But that was why they were the CO and SIC. You wouldn’t think it from just hanging out with then for a few days. But if you really knew them you’d quickly learn they’d gladly die for anyone in their unit. That’s just the kind of people they are.

“WHAT!” Steve yelled out sitting up quickly. He blinked a few times before looking around confused. “We’re in solitary now. You’re fine” Kat soothed, giving him a half smile, then standing up and walking over to him. For the most part she only had a broken arm, a few bruises, and some cuts. “...it was just a dream” the young X5 said softly, wondering if she should have said that. None of the guys wanted to appear weak and waking up from a dream like that, they would consider weak. They still didn’t realize that the guys were the only ones that thought that. The girls thought nothing of it.

“YEAH I know” boomed Steve. Yup she definitely shouldn’t have said that. Now he was mad at her...again. “Where are the others” Steve asked a little frantic looking around quickly a little panicked. He wasn’t concerned about Alec. He could take care of himself. He was looking for the rest of their unit; Cece, Biggs and all the others.

“Relax.” soothed Kat again. “Loralee and Alec were taken to another room, and I haven’t seen any of the others.” Steve looked down a little taken back by that. “As for the whole wiping of the brain on Loralee...I don’t know if it worked...I can’t tell”

Everyone quickly learned that 214 had been seen on camera with a gun, shooting down Manticore soldiers. Manticore immediately put her down to the scientist and tried to whip her memory and replace them with different ones. No one had been really able to talk to her, so they couldn’t tell yet.

Kat was about to say something else, when she heard the door began to unlock. She dashed back to her bed and pulled the covers up, just in time for the door to swing open and in walk 4 men with two beds.

In them were Tav, and Todd. Both looked sedated, with just shaven heads. They -like Steve -didn’t know when to keep quiet and both had various cuts, scraps, bruises, and a few scares that would probably be gone in a few months.

Tav was rolled in beside CeCe and Todd was rolled in beside Steve. The four men hooked up both of their heart monitor, as well as one that recorded their breathing, before leaving and locking the door behind them.

CeCe had been woken up from all the noise. They had been anything but quiet while brining in the two X5s. “Oh my god!” She cried out, as she got up from her bed, and walked over to Tav. “Oh my god Tav” she said looked down at him. She was about to reach out to touch his chest when Tav opened his eyes and with a groggy voice said “What do you want now!” CeCe’s eyes opened widely,“AAAAAAAA” She didn’t think he was awake. She screamed and fell backwards.

“STOP SCREAMING AT ME!” Tav yelled at her, before hitting her with one of the pillows on his bed.

“EVERYONE SHUT THE HELL UP!” Yelled Todd who was now awake, and sitting up. CeCe screamed again, from her surprise of now having Todd awake too. She could have sworn they had both been sedated. “CECE, SHUT UP!” Steve, Todd, and Tav yelled all three sitting up looking at her a little pissed off.

“You people are so hurtful!” she hissed back at them, before walking over to Kat. She knew she’d understand. It was just something guys simply couldn’t comprehend. “God! I’m happy to see you guys and all you do is yell at me! I hate you all” she said darkly towards them. She knew they were just being guys, but did they have to be mean about it?

Tav was about to say something back, as was Steve, and Todd, but all three were stopped by Kat. “OK!” She yelled out “We’re all happy to see each other, let just stop there” Tav was about to say something when Kat glared at him and hissed “I said stop!” he simply closed him mouth.

“HA-HA!” CeCe laughed and pointed at him. Kat gave her a look and she stopped.

Steve decided to step in “So who knows were Alec and the others are?”

CeCe looked down and sadly said “I think Alec died. His hearts monitor went off, and the one that recorded his breathing went straight and was making noise. Then three people came in and wheeled him away trying to get his heart working again. Then like six minutes later the same thing happened to Loralee.” CeCe was barley able to finish. She had to watch it alone, and was crying as she told everyone else.

Everyone became silence.
Sign up to rate and review this story