Categories > Original > Horror > Water and Blood

Water and Blood

by Grudge_Lady 0 reviews

What was supposed to be a normal weekend at the Salton Sea turns into a blood soaked nightmare.

Category: Horror - Rating: R - Genres: Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2009-06-16 - Updated: 2009-06-16 - 727 words

0Unrated
The sea, from the distance, it was a sparkling blue. The rays of sunlight would dance upon it’s ripples as fish would dart beneath the surface. But up close, the sea was a murky brown. The rays of the evening sunlight would be trapped in a murky cell as fish would disappear from the shore or wash up onto the bone and scale made sand, dead and rotting from the poisons.

A lone, abandoned nightclub sat high up on the shore overlooking the brown sea, a pool jutting onto on to the sea’s surface. Two young women sat on the roof of this nightclub, looking out to the horizon. Their backs turned from the roads, their RV, the abandoned North Shore Motel and their friend. Their eyes grazed the pools green water and the dead fish piling up on the shore.

The taller woman wore a surgical mask due to the horrid stench of the sea. The smaller girl loved the smell and sat next to her in her bikini. “Ew! You really did go for a swim!”

They turned around and saw their friend, dressed in a lab coat and goggles pushed high up on her head. “Make anything cool in that little lab of yours?” asked the masked girl, Brittany.

Amanda sighed, “that RV sucks as a lab! I need a better lab.”

“I’m sure the people in Bombay Beach have labs you could use,” smiled the bikini clad girl, Mickey.

“I don’t want a meth lab!” growled Amanda. “Though, to answer your question, Brittany, I did make a bomb.”

“A bomb?” said Brittany, a bit worried.

“A stink bomb!” smiled Amanda.

Mickey sighed. “Oh great.”

“It was about to go off so I--” BOOOOOOMF! “-flushed it.”

“You blew up part of our RV didn’t you?” asked Mickey.

Brittany and Mickey climbed down off the roof of the nightclub and went to view the damage of their RV. A hole was blasted through the bottom from where the bomb had gone through the pipes. The whole bathroom fell out as well. Water began to flood out of the bottom and the rest of the RV. Brittany began to clap.

“Oh shut up,” said Amanda. “I want to see you try and make one.”

“Why didn’t you throw it out in the sea?” asked Brittany. “Couldn’t make this place smell any worse.”

“Where do we sleep now?” asked Amanda.

“It may not be my honeymoon, but the North Shore Motel,” smiled Mickey.

“I get to spend the night in an abandoned motel!” laughed Amanda.

“No,” said Brittany. She pointed at the nightclub. “You can spend the night in Aces and Spades.”

“What did Aces and Spades ever do to you?” asked Mickey. “Amanda, you can sleep in the bait shop.”

Along the dead shore was an old, abandoned bait and snack shop. “But that’s all outdoors.”

“Exactly,” said Mickey. “So when you blow it up, you won’t blow up much.”

Amanda sighed and sat along an old, rocky planter. She looked at the two them, “I think you two just want some alone time.”

Brittany smacked her in the back of the head. “If I wanted alone time with her, I wouldn't have brought you along,” said Mickey.

“Amanda, make sure you have a way of getting this RV fixed by morning,” said Brittany.

“Yeah, if we’re a minute late to the opening of Pirate Alley, I won’t be happy!” said Mickey.

“I don’t get what is with you and Bombay Beach,” said Amanda. The three had just spent the weekend in Palm Springs and now were spending a night at the Salton Sea so Mickey could really get out and explore one of her favorite towns in California, Bombay Beach. “It’s a Podunk town filled with trailers.”

“I love trailers!” said Mickey. “You know my saying: Mess with me, you mess with the whole Trailer Park.”

“I thought it was: If ya see the trailer a-rockin’, don’t come a-knockin’,” said Amanda.

“That’s only when I’m in the “mood”,” said Mickey. Amanda smiled and stood up. She whispered something into Mickey’s ear. Mickey gasped happily. “Orgasm in my pants!”

Amanda laughed. Brittany and Mickey headed off towards the motel and Amanda down to the shore towards the bait shop.
Sign up to rate and review this story