Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > .all.the.days.

.nothing.to.it.

by ViciousHouse 5 reviews

You gotta strive to be misunderstood.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2009-06-17 - Updated: 2009-06-17 - 628 words

0Unrated
The first rehearsal was pretty average. Ben talked about the rehearsal schedule, and the writer, a bookish woman named Laura, told us about her play. Then we read through the script twice and were told to wear comfortable shoes because we’d be doing a lot of standing next rehearsal.

“I still can’t believe we got the leads,” I told Gerard as we left.

“Yeah,” he said. “It’s a lot of work.”

I rolled my eyes. “It’s also exciting,” I said. “I’ve never been the lead before. Especially in a show like this.”

“You’ve done plays for years,” he said.

“Well, yeah, but I’m usually a more minor role,” I said. “Like that time I did Annie. I was Grace.”

“I don’t remember.”

“You weren’t even in the show,” I said, climbing in the passenger seat. “Nobody expects you to.”

He sighed as he pulled out of the space.

“Do you want to go get some ice cream or something?” I asked. “I’ll buy.”

“As long as you’re buying, definitely,” he said. “Where to?”

“McDonald’s?” I said, pointing out the window.

“Sure,” he said, and pulled into their parking lot. “Should we go in?”

“Why not?”

We went in. I ordered a Crunch McFlurry. He got an M&M one. I paid and we headed to the back to sit in the corner.

“Alixz?” someone said.

I turned to look. It was Lindsay Margolis, sitting at a tiny little table, reading a book and eating a McFlurry of her own.

“Oh, hey,” I said.

“I thought that was you,” she said. “Fancy running into you here.”

I laughed a little. “Yeah. We just got out of rehearsal and decided to stop for ice cream.”

“McFlurries are great, aren’t they? I love the Crunch ones.”

“Are you kidding?” I said. “Those are my favorites.”

“Mine, too.”

“Uh,” I said, noticing that Gerard was shifting his weight from one foot to another, obviously eager to go sit down. “We were just going to go over there,” I said. “You want to come sit with us?”

“Sure.” Lindsay picked her stuff up and followed us over to the booth in the back. “By the way, I’m Lindsay,” she said to Gerard.

“I’m Gerard.” He slid into the side of the booth that was against the wall.

I slid in next to him, and Lindsay sat across from us.

“I heard about you two getting the leads in We Never Were,” she said. “Congratulations.”

“Thanks,” I said.

“Was that what you were at rehearsal for tonight?”

“Yeah,” Gerard said.

We ate and talked for a while, until Lindsay’s cousin walked up, fresh off his shift and ready to leave. Lindsay said she’d see us at rehearsal and left with him.

Well, I’ll rephrase — Lindsay and I talked. Gerard only talked when one of us said something directly to him, and then his answer was in as few words as possible.

“What is with you?” I said when she left. “You only act like this when either Zeke or Lindsay are around.”

“Like what?” he said, as though his behavior was nothing abnormal.

“Like . . . Completely antisocial and maybe a bit rude.”

“I’m not rude.”

“Most of the time, you’re not.” I rolled my empty McFlurry cup between my hands. “What, do you not like them or something?”

“They’re okay.”

“Then what is it?”

“Don’t shrink me.”

“I’m not shrinking you. It’s just . . . The whole jerk look isn’t a good look for you.”

He looked at me with flickering eyes, even though his face was solemn. “That might be the lamest thing you’ve ever said.”

We burst out laughing.
Sign up to rate and review this story