Categories > Original > Romance > The Proposal

She

by Fireworks8725 0 reviews

She wants to marry him. He wants to wait. But why wait with a love so true?

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2009-06-18 - Updated: 2009-06-18 - 780 words

0Unrated
The proposal

“Will you marry me?” He asked, on bended knee.

Finally! I’ve waited so long! She thought.

“Yes!” She exclaimed, and threw herself at him.

Suddenly, she heard a low buzzing sound….almost like an ipod?

What IS that? She lifted her head and looked around…

It was all dark…

She slowly opened her eyes and felt a cold realization spread through her body. He lay beside her, asleep. His naked chest heaved up and down somewhat erratically, yet usual for him.

Her eyes scanned her bedroom. The only light was coming from the computer screen at the other end of the room. She rolled over sadly, placing her head just below his shoulder, where it fit comfortably. She closed her eyes, attempting to receive one more glimpse at her dream before it left her mind.

She sighed.

He wants to marry me. I know he does…he said so. We are going to be together for the rest of our lives… she thought to herself.

She drifted off again easily, feeling him breathing under her. He seemed completely unfazed and peaceful, despite an angry look on his face that was always there when he slept, regardless of his current mood.

She cuddled in closer; with the mind set that close was never close enough where their bodies were concerned. Soon she was back in her dream, partly conscious and forcing it to come back into view. However, a stream of fresh sunlight disrupted her light sleep and pried her away from her dream for the final time. She gave up.

For the next week, she did not attempt to dive back into her fantasy world of wedding plans or imaginary proposals.

I can wait…I will wait…I won’t force it. He’ll ask me when he’s ready. He loves me. He’ll ask me one day. She resolved.

Her nights alone were painful and lonely, longing for the sound of his breathing nearby. Reading love novels made her need for him grow stronger, so that when she finally was with him again, she was uncontrollable and full of lust and love for this man that held her heart so tightly.

Finally, when she couldn’t keep it inside any longer, she mentioned her thoughts of marriage to him.

She of course wished that he had been the one to bring it up, the one to want it the most. Just like a childhood dream…but she needed to know. When would it ever happen?

“Do you want to marry me?” she asked one day.

“Of course.” he replied.

“When?” she blurted, exasperated with impatience.

“Five or six years. I want to finish college and get a good job…”

“But!” she stopped herself. It seemed so long and so far away. How could she persuade him to marry her sooner? She didn’t want to force him or rush him into a wedding he didn’t want or wasn’t ready for.

“That’s a long time.” she said sadly.

“Well maybe if I get a job soon, we can live together.” he added.

Her heart swelled.

“Really!” she sang out.

Oh, I’d love that so much! To finally move out of my parents house! To buy my own groceries! I want this so badly!

She hugged him tightly; still saddened about waiting six years to wear his ring and take his last name…

She had wanted marriage since she was a little girl. She even envisioned her perfect dress…and random things like bridesmaids and a guest list. Everyone around her was planning weddings now, and she was just as swept up in the craze. How could she not be? She was always with him anyways, it felt so right.

Why wait? If you already know who you were going to marry, why waste any more time? She felt like she was only waiting to prolong the inevitable. She knew they would never be apart...they belonged together.

She knew they could handle a wedding, and being married. They could handle anything as long as they were together. She wanted to have children with him. Her life only truly promised to start, now that he was in her life.

Sometimes she wondered if he felt the same, but then he would do or say something wonderful and she would have no doubt at all that he loved her completely.

She was sometimes filled with a dread, knowing that every sweet gesture wouldn’t lead up to him on his knees with a ring box on his open palm. Even still, she acted like each day would be the best day of her life.
Sign up to rate and review this story