Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > Be Mine

Chapter 5

by evry1lovesmichelle 1 review

Michelle wakes up next to Chuck.

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Pierre Bouvier - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2009-06-18 - Updated: 2009-06-18 - 2139 words

0Unrated
Chapter 5



It was about 10 am when we finally woke up. We were still laying on the couch.


I look up at Chuck to see if he was awake. His eyes were still closed. I put my head back down.

“I guess we fell asleep eh?” He said. He rubbed his face and then put his hand back down on mine.

“Yup. And now we don’t know what happened in the movie.” I kidded.

“What was it called again?” Chuck asked, still half asleep.

“Hmm..... good question.” I chuckled.

10 seconds later, Chuck started talking again.

“I hope no one walked in on us while we were sleeping.” He said.

“I doubt anyone saw us. Thats good because they would think of something else.” I chuckled.

“Yeah, your probably right.” He smirked. He started to play with my hair.

I smirked. “What time is it?” I asked.

He looked over at his watch. “Its 10 am.”

“oh, I better call my peeps. They don’t know that I’m here.” I said worried.

He grabs his cell phone. “Here, you can use mine.”

He handed it to me. “Thanks.” I slowly got up, and walked into the bathroom that was down there. Chuck was still laying down. Two minutes later, I got off the phone with my mother. and I walked back to the couch and sat down.


“So is everything alright?” Chuck asked.

“Yep! They figured that I would fall asleep here. They said I could stay for the day since we have homework to do.” I said.

“Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well I’m going to make an omelette, you want some?” He asked.

“Sure. You do know how to cook for me don’t you?” I asked.

“Michelle, I cook for you all the time, you would think I would know how to cook for you.” He chuckled, and stood up.

“Right...” I said, then chuckled.

He shook his head at me and went up the stairs. I tried to find something on tv for about 10 minutes, and then I gave up and went up stairs to the kitchen. After we had some breakfast, we went back in the basement to start on our homework. We sat beside each other at the table.

Chuck was flying through his work, but me on the other hand, I just couldn’t motivate myself to do anything. I just sat there, looking at the paper, and my hand supporting my forehead.

After Chuck got a question done, and looked at my paper and at me. “You give up already?”

“Actually, I gave up before I actually tried, because I knew I would give up.” I said.

Chuck gave me a small smirk. “Here, I’ll do the first question for you.” He grabs the paper, and starts to read it.

2 minutes later, he gave me my paper back. “There you go. That should help you finish it now.” He smirked.

“Thank you, but I doubt it.” I chuckled.

“You know, when you do try, your not that dumb. You just have to keep your mind from wondering off.” He said seriously.

“I know, I do try but, my mind has a mind of its own.” I said. Then smirked. Looking at the paper, I tried to figure out the next question.

He smirked at me, and continued with his homework. I was starting to right something down, and I saw him looking at me again.

I look at him. “I’m finally trying to do my work, and now your staring at me. and Its really distracting!” I kidded.

He didn’t say anything.

“What?” I said, then smirked.

He was looking into my eyes, and I couldn’t help but look into his. We then slowly leaned towards each other. We were both nervous, then right when our lips touched, we heard someone opening the basement door.


David comes down the stairs. “ hey Chuck,”

Chuck and I moved away from each other really fast. and then pretended to do our work.

“Hey guys!” He said. Then he started thinking. “Michelle? Why are you here so early in the morning for?”

“I have to get my homework done, because my parents think that its done but..” I lied. Still working on my paper. Me and Chuck smirked.

“Riiiighhhht....” David replied. “So what movie did you go to see?”

“Spider Man 3” Replied Chuck. He was blushing a little bit. But managed to stop, and started acting serious.

“Cool! Was it any good?” David asked. Still kind of suspicious.

“Meh, it was okay, I still think the 2nd one was better.” I said, as I was looking at David.

“Yeah, I was going to say the same thing.” Chuck said.

It was silent for about 2 minutes before David got the hint that we wanted to finish our “Homework”.

“Well, I guess I should go. You guys are so serious right now. and its scaring me. Especially you Michelle.” He said.

I smirked. David left after he said that.


“So, was your dad happy when you told him that you got accepted?” I asked. But I already knew what the answer would be. His dad is a lawyer and really wants Chuck to follow him in his foot steps.

Chuck looked at me. “I never seen him so happy in my whole life. It was crazy!”

I did a little chuckle. Then got serious again. “Are you looking forward to being a lawyer?”

“Why of course I am. You know that I’ve always wanted to be a lawyer.” He replied shockingly.

“Well I know, but, I think thats just what your dad wants you to be. Throughout your life, he kept saying that you were going to be a lawyer, and you’ve heard about it so much that its all that you know.” I said. “What would he do if you wanted to do something else with your life?”

“He would be crushed. I know that he always wanted me to be a lawyer, and I don’t want to disappoint him. But, I really do want to be a lawyer Michelle. I really do.” He said.

I looked into his eyes. “I believe you Chuck.” I then smirked, and continued to work on my paper. But I always had a feeling that he wouldn’t be happy being a lawyer. He’s a really good drummer, and I know that he knows that. Once in a while, I always tell him that I can see him in a band and going on tour. But he just shuts me down. His band right now, they do shows every once in a while. But a lot of people never even heard of the band. If he tried a little harder, I think something good could come out of it.

A couple hours later, we were done our homework.

“I better get going, I gotta do my chores and stuff.” I said, as i got up and grabbed my book bag.

Chuck stood up. “Okay, I’ll walk you there.”

“You don’t have to Chuck.” I said.

“Since when do you like walking by yourself?” He asked, and smirked.

I thought for a second and smirked. “Good question.”

We just walked out of the house, when we saw Pierre standing just a meter away from us. He looked kind of pissed off.

“Are you okay Pierre?” I asked.

“I saw you guys sleeping together last night.” He replied, and was really upset.

“Nothing happened man.” We were just watching a movie and fell asleep.” Chuck said truthfully.

“You always knew about how much I cared about her, didn’t ya?” Pierre asked.

“Pierre, if you like me so much, than why haven’t you asked me out all these years?” I said, getting upset.

“Michelle, you know why!” He shouted.

“So I can’t go out with anyone because you love me, but wont go out with me because you don’t want to ruin our relationship? We’re not even going out and your ruining it!” I shouted back.

“So you guys are going out with each other!” He said, then did a upset chuckle.

“No, we’re not.” Chuck was trying his best to stay calm.

“Then why do people keep telling me that you are?” He asked.

“Your the one thats always sleeping with every girl that you’ve been with. Even that April girl.” I said. I crossed my arms and looked away.

Pierre was shocked. “Whoa whoa whoa!! You actually thought that I had sex with her?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I?” I asked.

“I never did I swear. That’s why she broke up with the first time and this time.” He said.

“You didn’t?” I asked, and shocked. I looked into his eyes while he was talking to me.

“Nope. She kept trying, but I never did because for some reason, I kept thinking about you. So that’s why she didn’t like you. I guess she knew.” He said, then smirked as he was looking in my eyes.

We stood there for about five seconds. Chuck felt really awkward, and didn’t know what to say.

Chuck does a little cough. “Well, shall we start walking you home?”

I look at Chuck. “Oh yeah, right.”

“I gotta make my way to work anyways. I’ll see you guys later.” Pierre said, then turned away and started to walk.

“Bye.” i said. Me and Chuck started walking in the opposite direction side by side. As we were walking I looked back to look at Pierre. He was looking at me too, smirked, and turned away. I did that also.

We were on my block, and during the whole walk, we didn’t say a word. Then I asked him something.

“Chuck?” I asked.

“Yes?” He replied curiously.

“Umm, are we going out?” I asked anxiously.

“Uhh, I don’t really know. What do you think?” He said nervously.

“I don’t know either. I think it would still be kind of weird. But with everything thats happened so far. Like us falling asleep last night, and us almost kissing this morning...” I said.

We stopped in front of my house, facing each other.

“Maybe we should kiss, to see if its weird or not...” He suggested.

I didn’t really know what to think. “Uhhh..... okay, if your okay with it...”

“What? You don’t want to?... we don’t have to” He said nervously.

“No, no, we can. We wont really know till we do it.” I said, also nervous.

We moved closer together. then, we scanned the street to make sure no one was outside. I slowly put my arms around his neck, and his hand were resting on my waist. we hesitated for a few seconds, and right when our lips touched, we looked away from each other.

“I’m sorry.” He said.

“Its okay Chuck. At least we know now.” I said. We avoided eye contact.

“Yeah. Well, I’ll see yeah on monday.” He said. We let go of each other.

“Okay, see ya.” I replied. He started to walk away, and I just stood there, watching him.

“Chuck?” I said loud enough so he could hear me.

He turned around.

“Its going to be awkward for a few days isn’t it?” I asked.

He smirked. “Just for a few Michelle, just for a few.”

I smirked back. Then he continued to walk home. I entered my house.


My parents were home, and I guess they saw me and Chuck outside. I think they thought that we kissed.

“Hey hunny!” Mom said happily.

“Hi mom.” I responded.

“You get your homework done at Chuck’s?” She asked.

“Yup.” I said as I setted my book bag on my bedroom floor.

“Are you going out with him now? You guys have been spending a lot of time together these days.” She asked.

“We always hang out like this. And no, we are not going out.”

“You can tell us hunny, you don’t need to hide it.” She said smiling.

“It doesn’t matter if she’s going out with him or not. At least she’s not hanging around with that Pierre kid a lot.” Dad said. He was washing the dishes.

“Why? What’s wrong with Pierre?” I asked curiously.

“What’s wrong with him? I thought you hated him now.” Dad said.

“I don’t hate him, he’s still my friend.” I said.

“He sleeps around with all of the girls, and parties. and he ditched you before the prom.” Mom said.

“Well, he’s changed mom. And I know for a fact that he has.” I said.

After that, I started my chores, and stayed home for the rest of the weekend.
Sign up to rate and review this story