Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Innocent Like Roller Coasters

Shut Up and Let Me Go

by nicole_ownsxxx 2 reviews

Well, he's creepy.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-06-21 - Updated: 2009-06-22 - 1443 words

5Ambiance
It was seven o’clock Saturday morning, and my phone, which was charging beside my bed, was going off loudly and repeatedly. At first I just kept silencing my phone, but after the fifth time it rang, I took the battery out and threw it on the floor. I was normally a heavy sleeper, but things woke me up more easily when the sun came up. Light mixed with noise isn’t a good combination for a sleepy Lily.

If it was important, it could wait a few hours, because I refused to wake up at seven in the fucking morning on a Saturday. Besides, nothing was five-text-messages-in-a-row important, save from nuclear bomb threats and a semi full of chocolate being over turned in the street outside of my house.

I fell asleep for four more hours, and once I’d gotten up, stomped around for a few minutes, taken a shower and brushed my teeth, I put the battery back into my phone and checked my messages. I was still in my towel, and while my phone was turning itself on and receiving the messages, I got dressed. I found a pair of short black shorts with white pinstripes and a purple shirt, and my checkered Vans. I couldn’t find any socks, and my phone was going off like crazy, so I just went without and checked my phone.

I had fourteen messages, starting from two o’clock this morning.

They were all from Jacob.

baby, I love you
I’ve never felt this way about a girl
dont leave me
text me bck
lily, Im serious
Im sorry about Mlisa. I did for u.
I just want us to be together
I just want to see you
come outside
im on ur lawwwn. Come hyur..
Im not leavinga;your ahrda.
Ill alwys lub u. n only u.
I nned bllanke.imnotleaving..
eiayvhalekjgiamvkkdjfalkjfd

Slowly and cautiously, I walked over to my window, which faced the front lawn, and saw a boy asleep in the flower bed. I stuffed my phone in my pocket and went downstairs and out the front door.

I walked across the yard to the flower bed, where Jacob was peacefully snoring, covered in dirt and reeking of beer. His phone was open and still in his hand and there were several beer cans and a bottle of tequila beside him. So that explained the drunk texting.

Luckily, my mother was visiting friends, and she’d left at nine this morning. She must not have noticed him sleeping in her gardenias.

“Jacob. Jacob! Wake up!” I screamed. He turned over.

“Oh Lily! You finally came out. What time is it?” he asked sleepily.

I folded my arms across my chest. “It’s almost noon. What the hell are you doing?”

He stood up, and I took a step back. He also smelled like a dog that had been rolling in road kill, but that came with the territory of sleeping outside, I supposed.

“I knew you’d come see me,” he whispered, reaching his arms out towards me. “I knew you loved me!”

I jumped out of his reach. He was filthy and hung over. “Jacob, I don’t love you. We only dated for a couple of weeks. What are you doing here?”

“I needed to talk to you. After I ran into you last night, I realized that you’re the only one for me. And I had to see you again, and I couldn’t wait for morning. So I came here, but you were already asleep.”

“So, you think sleeping in my flower bed wasted is supposed to win me back?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow. “I think not.” I turned to walk back to the house.

“Lily, just hear me out,” he said desperately. He ran towards me and tripped, then got back up and grabbed my wrist. I yanked it away from him.

“Don’t touch me. Go away,” I cried.

“Just listen, Lily, please!”

“What?”

“I have never been so in love with anyone in my life. When I moved here last year, you were the first person I ever met. You were pretty and nice and fun, and it took me a whole year to work up the courage to ask you out. I never thought I deserved you, and when I saw you come into school with Gerard, all smiling with ice cream and laughing, I assumed the worst. I wanted to make you jealous, and Melissa was mad, too, so…well, you know. And now, I’m asking for your forgiveness. It’s all I want,” he said.

I blinked. “Did you script that?” I asked.

“Yes.”

I rolled my eyes. “Whatever, I forgive you. Now go away.” I turned around and tried to go back in the house.

“Wait!” he said again. I turned around. “Will you go to the Ball with me?”

“No. I told you, I already have a date,” I said, placing a hand on my hip. “Now, go away before my mom comes home and sees you.”

“But…but…we only broke up yesterday. How do you already have a date?” he asked, looking truly broken hearted. I felt kind of bad, but sleeping on my front lawn was creepy, so the feeling went away after about three seconds.

“Gerard asked me last night.”

His eyes flashed with anger. “So you were cheating on me. The whole time, huh?”

I leaned my head back and ran a hand through my still wet hair. “Oh my God, no. For the millionth time, there’s nothing between me and Gerard. We’re just going to the Ball because we don’t have dates anymore, since you and Melissa decided to ‘make us jealous’, or did you not remember that? Don’t be a fucking hypocrite and accuse me of cheating when I saw you making out with his girlfriend!” I screamed.

“You said you forgave me for that, Lily!” he yelled back.

“Well, excuse me if I’m a little bitter!” I snapped. “You cheat on me, refuse to leave me alone, fall asleep on my front lawn, and now you’re accusing me of something I never did, but you did!”

“Lily, I love you! Excuse me if I’m jealous of all the time you spend with Gerard!”

“I spent just as much time with you as I did with him!” I yelled. “Not that it matters now, because we are OVER!” I tried to make a break for the house, but he cut me off and stood in the door way.

“Tell me something, Lily,” he said, pushing me against the wall. My back was against the wall of my house, and he had his arms on either side of me, so I couldn’t get away. I couldn’t drive away because my car was still dead (damn my procrastination!) and it wasn’t likely that I’d be able to outrun Jacob to the inside of my house, because the door was heavy and hard to open and close.

“Because-” I started, then stopped. Why hadn’t I called Jacob? Gerard had been my first thought. Frankie had gotten into some trouble in the beginning of the year and his punishment was to work as a janitor every morning and every afternoon after school, so he was already gone. Meg lived all the way across down. Jacob, however, lived only a few streets away, closer than Gerard even, and yet, he hadn’t crossed my mind when my car hadn’t started.

“I don’t know, Jacob. I was going to break up with you yesterday anyway, so it still doesn’t matter.”

“You cheated on me,” he declared.

“No, Jacob, I hardly think asking one of my best friends for a ride to school qualifies as cheating. Now let me go and get the fuck out of my yard,” I demanded.

He pushed off the wall and walked backwards, then got his phone and tequila bottle out of the flower bed.

“I’ll always love you, Lily,” he said without turning around, as he walked down the street back to his house.

“What ever, Jacob,” I called back.

I went back inside my house and locked all the doors.

Creepy.


=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

yeah, i don't know when i'll update again.
my best friend is coming to stay with me for a week.
she moved last week, the summer before our senior year.
typical, right?

anyway rate&review, all the cool kids are doing it.

(is the peer pressure working?)
Sign up to rate and review this story