Categories > Anime/Manga > Bleach

The Meaning To Protect

by TiedUpInMyCloset 0 reviews

I died..... I became a Soul Reaper. My chain broke.... I became a Vizard. I was slaughtered like an animal... I became a Hollow. And, now, I fight both sides of the war.

Category: Bleach - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2009-06-22 - Updated: 2009-07-22 - 1220 words

0Unrated
Go to http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x7/mistypussy/x0anime0girl0x.jpg for pic of the girl.


Name: Sanken Kyokoma (Last, First)

Meaning: Kyokoma- "Hollow Guardian" Sanken- "Heartless Devotion"

Race: Hollow:Vasto Lorde-Arrancar

Position of Hollow Hole: In the middle of her collarbone.

Mask: A plain, bone-white choker fitted to her neck. Has a single, black gem in the middle.

Personality: Quiet and a bit more cynical than is considered safe. Kind to those around her, but is aggressive when one under her protection is even slightly startled. Sarcasm is her form of defensiveness. Smart but a bit of a daydreamer. Tries to hide her naivete. Sense of humor is twisted. Feels the need to help-and-run, due to her constant fear of Ulquiorra harming those she aided. Likes to stay in the woodwork when she does stay with a patient for an extended period of time.

History: Was to be recruited by Aizen. He used the Hyougoku on her, but she vanished into the vast sands of the Hueco Mundo shortly after regaining conciousness. Is completely neutral in the war between the Soul Society and Aizen. Randomly switches sides and aids them by healing the combatants in battle. Still manages to maintain her Zanpakuto from her time as a Soul Reaper. Her Zanpakuto's name is Kurofuchi, which translates into "Dark Abyss". Once healed a dying Soi Fon, whom was sent on a mission into the Hueco Mundo. The future 2nd Division Captain remembered her from Kyokoma's time as a Soul Reaper. Kyokoma denies any recollection of her one-time friend. So, Kyokoma merely bowed and left with her gratitude. Was eventually found by Aizen. She was given as a reward to the 4th Espada, Ulquiorra. Has a jagged '4' tattooed onto her left bicep to show that she is his unwilling promised. She remained uncontrollable by Aizen, due to his former connection to her during her Soul Reaper life. Always wanders around, a bit paranoid that Ulquiorra will come and retrieve her. Claims that her only powers are to heal and protect. Other powers are claimed to be raw and uncontrolled when released.

Zanpakuto: http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp230/SeleneLyngvi/anime.jpg

This is Kurofuchi. She is Kyokoma's Zanpakuto, and also her inner Hollow from her original Vizard heritage. Keeps her eyes closed until she goes into battle. She has two 'release' forms, much like the Shikai and Bankai of Soul Reapers. Switches her eye color with Kyokoma when she uses her 'Shikai'. Appears to the naked eye when Kyokoma uses her healing powers, which are much like Orihime's, to make sure that Kyokoma is not harmed in any way. Creates barriers around beings she deems worthy of her "Queen's" protection in battle. When she is unsheathed, she doesn't appear as a katana or any weapon. She appears as the silver demons featured in the picture.

Start of Story:

The great, black-and-white expanse in front of her stretched on for miles, far beyond where even she cold see. A nonexistant breeze made her slightly shiver. Though the environment was peaceful, it gave her an uneasy feeling. Her light burgundy eyes drifted shut.

She was in the repose of a standing slumber, but her senses were on alert for the slightest amount of spiritual pressure. Satisfied that nobody was around, Kyokoma opened a garganta, or dimensional rip, and stepped through it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Soi Fon herself flash-stepped to the 4th Division's main building, worry only shown by how tight her fists were clenched.

"Unohana!" she called over to the other Captain. The kind-looking woman immediately turned her attention away form her paperwork.

"Is it...?" she asked quickly. Soi Fon nodded. They rushed off.

At the 13th Division, people were being shoved aside and ushered away. The bloodstained Captain, lying on his side, was coughing horribly. Blood stuck to his long, white hair, and it slowly dribbled onto his pale robes. Unohana moved to his side, and tried to keep him stabilized. "Soi Fon,"she instructed calmly, "Can you get that Orihime girl?"

"She's the one that Aizen kidnapped," Soi Fon replied, frustrated. "The substitute and his friends are out to rescue her." Her brow furrowed. "Unohana, do what you can. I know someone who can help. I will be back."

With that in mind, she disappeared.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kyokoma leapt from rooftop to rooftop, lost in thought, like always. She suddenly came to a stop, right at the edge of a roof. Leaning haphazardly over the end, she peered curiously at the people below. Oh, how simple they have it! Eat, sleep, go to school or work, and die. That's all they do, in the end. There weren't any problems, well, like she had, anyway. She mentally dropkicked herself.'

'All right, stop it with the self-pity,' she scolded herself, 'It doesn't get you anywhere.'

There were the occasional humans that had abnormally high spiritual pressure, of course. That was to be expected. She stretched out with her pesquisa, checking yet again for other, more distant forms of spiritual pressure. There was an immense one in the distance, about two kilometers away. But she wasn't interested in that one at the moment. At approximately twenty yards to the north was a Gillian, and it was moving in her direction at a relatively high speed. It would reach her within minutes. That was also to be expected. When in the human world, Kyokoma needed to make her spiritual powers seem deceptively weak. If she didn't, then every soul -alive human soul- within a ten-mile radius would be crushed, high spiritual pressure or not.

She didn't even bother drawing Kurofuchi. The Menos Grande shot up in front of her, blotting out the sun with it's massive form. Kyokoma looked up at it in disdain. She tugged down the collar slightly, just enough to reveal her Hollow hole. There was a loud, high-pitched noise, like a banshee scream. It came from within the hole that condemned her to a life of lonliness.

Fearsome dragon heads shot out, their scarlet eyes gleaming with menace, standing in great contrast with the platinum scales on their hides. Their great, long necks seemed to go on for forever. The vicious beasts then proceeded to devour the now-defenseless Gillian.

Now, there was nothing left of the Hollow, and Kyokoma's 'familiars' retracted back into her empty mark. She indifferently pulled the collar back up, and looked back towards that powerful pressure.

It was now moving at flash-step speeds, in her direction. Kyokoma reached out with a finger and drew it through the air, as if she were taking some icing off of a cake. She tasted her finger thoughtfully.

A smile ghosted across her face, gone as quick as it came.

She sat down, swinging her legs off the edge like a child. She waited, knowing that she would not be disappointed. And she wasn't.

A lean figure appeared next to her.

Kyokoma smiled again, this time in recognition.

"Hello, Soi Fon. It's been awhile. How can I help you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought that this would be an appropriate place to end. How does it sound so far???????? Rate and review me on what you think!!! Constuctive criticism is appreciated, no flames. Praise is good, too. The faster you tell me, the faster I can update!!! ^.^
Sign up to rate and review this story