Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan

My Happy Ending

by Pump_Up 1 review

Are Pierre and Amanda really happy together?

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Chuck Comeau,David Desrosiers,Jeff Stinco,Pierre Bouvier,Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2009-06-26 - Updated: 2009-06-26 - 1306 words

0Unrated
“Amanda!” he screamed, trying to reach that blond haired girl as she walked. She pretended not to hear him. She walked faster “Amanda!”
They were at the place where a concert would be performed in a few. The whole bunch of people standing on his way made it impossible for him to reach her before she’s got to the backstage. However, that didn’t matter to him. He had all access to the backstage. The only thing he wanted was to get to her, it didn’t matter how or where.
He walked through those people screaming her name. Nobody thought he would ever be at the crowd, so nobody even suspected he was the person they thought he was. Everyone thought he was just too much alike him.
“Amanda!” he screamed as loud as he could.
That was when she passed through the security guy and got in the backstage. A little before fading away among all those doors, she faced back and shot a cold look at him. Her blue eyes filled in with tears showed him that she was still really upset. He felt paralyzed in that moment. He didn’t know either if he should carry on or forget about her. He didn’t know exactly what to say whenever he reached her or even if his words would be worth something, but he knew he still wanted to go after her. He wanted the chance to talk to her. That’s what made him keep on walking and screaming her name. Nobody around him thought that was strange. He could easily be just another fan that saw her walking by.
With difficulty, he managed to leave that whole bunch of people behind himself and run at the direction of the security guy that was guarding the backstage. He knew that man, so he didn’t even bother to show his identification.
“I’m sorry, but you can’t come in.” said the security guy, stopping in front of him and blocking his way.
“You just gotta be kidding me.” He replied laughing “This is the very last show of the newest tour of my band. It’s not just my wish to get in there, it’s my obligation. Now, if you excuse me…”
“Mr. Bouvier, this is not your band’s concert.”
“Oh, it isn’t? So who is it, then?”
“Summer’s.”
“Look, Summer is the opening band. Technically, this concert is not Amanda’s band’s, but Simple Plan’s.”
“Simple Plan is not getting in before they get out. They will leave by the doors at the left and you’ll get in by the doors at the right. You won’t have any kind of contact with them.”
“And who decided about this shit?”
“Amanda and your band mates.”
“What do you mean?! I understand that Amanda don’t want me to go in, but I can’t find logical that the other guys of my band want to stay in the middle of the crowd before our concert.”
“They think it would be best if you and Amanda stay away from each other by now. They thought you show wait a little bit before talking again.”
“I don’t care! Amanda is my wife, I don’t care about what they think it’s best for us! I had a terrible day to be here now and I want to get in to see my wife!”
“Your ex-wife, you mean.”
“I didn’t sign anything yet. Asides, you’re just the security guy, you’re not paid to offend me! I want to talk to Amanda!”
“Pierre, calm down.” He heard Jeff asking and soon felt a hand touching his shoulder. His four band mates were right behind him “We won’t stay in the middle of the crowd, but we won’t go to the backstage either. We’ll stay at a special cabin made for us. It’s better of this way, Pierre.”
“Jeff, she’s my wife. I want to talk to her before something worst happens!”
“Pierre, Amanda is really hard to deal with.” Said Seb “Forget about it for a while. Let’s just watch their concert as civilized people and, some other day, at some other time, you can talk to her.”
“At this some other day, at this some other time, I may wake up divorced.”
“Give her sometime to think about it, Pierre.” Said David, touching his shoulder
Ignoring his own will, he finally accepted to calm down and follow them to the cabin.
Soon, the girls were on stage. However, they didn’t seem to be too interested into playing something. They looked a lot more interested into standing for Amanda and her rage about him.
Amanda, the beautiful blond haired and blue eyes chick, approached the microphone. She was the band’s lead singer. But she didn’t sing. She waited for the crowd to calm down before start talking to them.
“I know that the end of my marriage with Pierre is all over the magazines and that each one of you guys knows what happened. But… I know that he’s here tonight, I just don’t know where to find him looking among you guys. There’s a song… some other band’s song… that seems to tell me exactly what I wanted to tell him and that’s why we decided to start over the concert with this song. So… Pierre, wherever you are, this song is called My Happy Ending, by Avril Lavigne , and I want to dedicate it for you.”

Let's talk this over
It's not like we're dead
Was it something I did?
Was it something you said?

Don't leave me hanging
In a city so dead
Held up so high
On such a breakable thread

You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be

Chorus:
You were everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
And all of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy ending

You've got your dumb friends
I know what they say
They tell you I'm difficult
But so are they

But they don't know me
Do they even know you?
All the things you hide from me
All the shit that you do

You were all the things I thought I knew
And I thought we could be

Repeat Chorus

It's nice to know that you were there
Thanks for acting like you cared
And making me feel like I was the only one
It's nice to know we had it all
Thanks for watching as I fall
And letting me know we were done

He was everything, everything that I wanted
We were meant to be, supposed to be, but we lost it
All of the memories, so close to me, just fade away
All this time you were pretending
So much for my happy…

Repeat Chorus


At the end of the song, both Pierre and Amanda had tears on their eyes. He didn’t know what to say to get her to forgive him, she didn’t know if she could ever be able to forgive him. She was right about everything. He had committed too many mistakes and he had always listened to what his friends had to say about her. How would he ever fix this up?
Well, but to understand how Pierre and Amanda ended up this way, we have to go back on this story. Way back at the moment they started this relationship. Actually, a little before that, when a whole bunch of lies started being told to just fall down over them at their marriage.
Sign up to rate and review this story