In which our hero catches a train, slaps a ferret and a weasel ponders what might have been, meeting Hogwarts for the first time
- Nits: A few grammatical errors, but over all, nothing really really really to complain about .. :)
Likes: Well done. I'm not sure how much you're going to follow Cannon, but even if you don't, it's still very good and I look forward to reading more.
- ahhh... nicely done... progressing nicely... should be interesting, where you take it from here, and also how quickly you progres... (a chapter or two per year or schooling for more?)... Hogwarts is great... what kind of mother / guardian will she be? ... will harrry share this fact with the others (i hope not, or only paritally). gluck and great chap.
Author's responsewhen there is no major even happening the school years will pass fairly quickly with a couple of months per chapter
Major events will be a seperate chapter/chapters
you will have to see what sort of mother/guardian hogwarts will be
- Sorry but did you have to make Ginny look like a baby?
Author's responseshe's a spoilt 10 year old girl with a Harry fixation! as she would be if she was the only girl in god knows how many generations!
she won't always look like a baby, but she won't be like the canon princess!
(#) anakhuskerfan 2009-07-01 10:59:11 PMGood story so far, I'm glad that you're going away from cannon and making it Neville and Padma rather than Ron. I hope that Harry and Hermione both get sorted into Ravenclaw. Interested to see how close to cannon you keep it or if you will completely ignore it.
- Very interesting. As for critique, i have to say that you could add a bit more detail, some more flesh to your rather inventive bones. Sometimes it feels like you weren't quite done with the text before you published. Nevermind. It's an enjoyable read as is. I like the new connections, i like the mindscape and i really like the wands. Yes, Super!wands are a staple these days, but staples become staples for a reason. The Scion-title was great, and i can just see Harry insist on it from annoying people. Like an insult to others that they themselves have to say. He seems the kind. I'm eagerly awaiting your sorting.
Thank you very much for the review, i always appreciate an honest opinion! I know super wands are a staple in many ff's now but i wanted away to briefly introduce flamefire, to the story as he will be important later on.
I'm quite pleased with my mindscape, i think that it has a lot of potential.
The scion thing had been done before but i liked it as a way to annoy malfoy.
I am very pleased with my sorting (coming next chapter). I think i have managed to get a fairly origonal idea for it.
Thanks again, seeds
- WOW! There has always been a connection between Harry and Hogwarts and I'am glad that you added that relationship maybe she can protect his mind from nosey people. I can't wait to see what Hogwarts does to Snape when he steps out of line. And Thanks again for giving Harry some desent friends. HOORAY!!! NO FAN GIRLS ALLOWED.
Author's responseahhh yes, severus snape. i have plans for severus snape.
many thanks for the review