Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I'm Nobody

Make Damn Sure

by jajajajaime16 10 reviews

The daylight brings drama! Please reveiw if you can!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2009-07-03 - Updated: 2009-07-03 - 1047 words - Complete

5Ambiance


"Just tell me why." Dani gripped the bottles tighter in her hands.

Gerard sank down into his mattress, not meeting her eyes. "I...don't...know."

"When did you start? Was it before or after your grandma-"

"Shut up! Just shut up!" He'd never yelled at her like this before. "Don't try and analyze me! You'll only realize that you can't help."

Dani's temper could flare just as much as his. "Fine. I'm friends with other people in this house. So you can help yourself to this." She dropped the empty bottle on the floor with a loud crash, and tossed him the one that was still full of liquid. Dani picked up her bag and stomped up the stairs to the kitchen.

Gerard looked bitterly at the broken glass on the floor and the alcohol bouncing up and down on his bed from the impact. He stuffed the latter behind his pillow and moved to pick up the mess on the floor, grumbling.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Dani? Something wrong?" Donna asked when she showed up in front of everyone else with tears in her eyes.

This was so stupid of me...I shouldn't have come here. She racked her brain for excuses. "Um...I..."

"What did he do?" Mikey sighed angrily.

"He...he didn't do anything...um...Frank, Mikey, can I talk to you up in your room for a sec?"

Frank paused from writing messages to Mikey in syrup and they both nodded.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

While Gerard was busy sulking/being scared shitless down below them, the other three sat on the floor in Mikey's room, contemplating what to do about the situation.

"Okay, he's just being a jackass, so..." Frank waited for someone else to come up with some spectacular solution to all their problems.

"So how, if he won't listen to us, can we make him stop?" Dani voiced the question no one wanted to ask.

"I don't know? Magic?" Frank said. "Oh, I know a magic trick!"

Mikey shook his head. "Now's not the time, Frank."

Dani and Mikey went off into their separate thoughts while Frank grabbed a tissue and started doing God knows what.

"Well, I really don't want to have to, like, go 'tattle to mommy and daddy,' but it seems like that might be the only thing that might work for him," Mikey reasoned.

Glancing at Frank, who was making a fist and shoving the paper inside, Dani sighed. "But he'd hate us for it."

"Yeah, but it'd be doing the right thing for him in the long run, and he'd understand that."

"Look!" Frank laughed. He held up the fist encasing the tissue and made some kind of "Poof!" noise as he flipped them both off, making the paper fall to the floor, which he seemed to think was hysterical.

Dani rolled her eyes. "Someone hasn't ever grown up."

Mikey laughed. "Nope. You'll never take us alive!"

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

"Jesus, why can't you freaking listen to me?" Gerard asked her.

"You don't listen to me! Hypocrite." Dani shot back.

"Look, just...try...to understand where I'm coming from. Please," he begged.

"Fine," she huffed, sitting down next to him.

"I'm sorry I yelled at you," Gerard began.

"You should be."

He waited for her to finish. "Okay, and I know it was wrong. I know that now. But I...I can't help it. It's not like I'm forcing you to drink or anything. It's not like I've been wasted when I'm around you all the time or anything."

"That's not the point, Gerard!" she argued.

"Then what is the point?"

"That you have a problem!" Here he goes. He's gonna deny it.

"I don't have a problem," Gerard said confidently.

Cliché number one, Dani thought sarcastically.

"I can stop any time I want!"

Cliché number two. "Then why don't you?"

Shit. She's got me right where she wants me. "Because...because I don't want to," he finished lamely.

She rolled her eyes. "You know what, I'm leaving."

As soon as she stood up and crossed the room, Gerard was behind her, grabbing her wrist. "Please. Just let me."

Dani focused on the look on his face. Ignoring the tiny part of her that said to forget about it, she shook free and kept walking.

"Dani," he said. "I love you."

He grabbed her face hard in his hands and kissed her. She started to squirm and tried to break away, but gave up and let him.

"That didn't change anything," she breathed when they finally released each other. "You still need to quit."

He thought for a minute. "Shit, I'll try, okay?"

Dani smiled, content with that answer. "Good. You better make damn sure that you try your effing hardest, okay?"

He nodded slowly, still unsure if he'd be able to do what she wanted.

"I just...don't want you to end up anything like him." She pursed her lips and tried to lighten the mood. "So we have a deal?" She held out her hand for him to shake.

"Deal," he agreed, shaking her hand at first, but then ended up just reeling her in for another kiss to seal the deal.

She laughed quietly. "You do know your brother and my cousin are right outside this door, listening to everything we're saying, right?"

He froze. "What?"

"Ah, I'm traumatized!" Mikey screeched from the open door of Gerard's basement bedroom. "Ew! Cooties!" he joked.

Frank nodded enthusiastically. "That was so weird. I never knew Gerard was a lesbian!"

They all rolled their eyes at Frank's serious tone and trooped back upstairs for lunch, the drama of the morning forgotten for now.

I'm sorry this is sort of short, but I really wanted to get something on here before the weekend and FuckWad was being really funky this past week and wouldn't let me post anything.
To everybody who's stuck with this shit and actually lets me know what they're thinkin'-I love you all so much! So big group hug for everybody! And cookies! And popsicles! And confetti!
Lol, I'm just in a really happy mood today. But I'm serious about that confetti xD
Reviews are amazing :) *hint hint*
Song that happens to be stuck in my head and happens to go with the chapter- "Make Damn Sure" by g'old Taking Back Sunday
xoxo-Jaime
Sign up to rate and review this story