Categories > Original > Romance

Under The Rain

by Fujiwara 1 review

I felt something heavy being draped over my shoulder and I looked up, meeting Luke’s light brown eyes that were dangerously close to my own. I felt my heartbeat race and I took a sharp intake of ...

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Published: 2009-07-04 - Updated: 2009-07-04 - 698 words - Complete

0Unrated

Under the Rain

*

"When you love someone so much you'll just have to give them what they love. Even if it hurts you."

**

[//]
*

"What are you doing here?!" Luke yelled over the noise. The rain was pouring so hard that we wouldn't be able to hear each other properly unless we raised our voice. "You're soaked!"

I shivered, regret flooding over me. I should've brought my jacket.

"Yeah, well," my teeth were chattering. "So are you!"

Smooth Lorraine/, I told myself internally. /Real smooth.

"Idiot," I heard him mumble. He unzipped his jacket.

The rain felt like small, cold pebbles against my neck making me wish that Iwas at home. My brother was going to murder me.

I felt something heavy (and /wet!/) being draped over my shoulder and Ilooked up, meeting Luke's light brown eyes that were dangerously close to my own. I felt my heartbeat race and I took a sharp intake of breath. His eyes had small green flecks in them.

He zipped his jacket up to my neck.

"C'mon," he said, putting his arm around my shoulder. "I'll drive you home."

My feet didn't -/couldn't/ -budge. I was frozen in place.

This was the guy who -a few hours earlier -had turned me down. The guy who had left me standing in the middle of the hallway, trying to fight back tears. The guy who was the reason why I got into detention and missed basketball practice. The guy who was the reason why I went to the park, in the middle of a/storm/, and cried my already blood-shot eyes out.

The guy who I was irrevocably, deeply, stupidly, idiotically, hopelessly in love -sorry I meant -/like with. The guy who had a girlfriend who he /claimed /to be /in love with.

This had to be a dream. A weird, stupid dream that my tired mind came up with.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I said, shrugging his arm off my shoulder and stepping away from him.

I ignored how /different /and /cold /I felt.

"What does it look like I'm doing?!" he snapped, trying to grab my hand.

I took a few steps back and he froze, his eyes meeting mine. Even though we were almost a foot apart, I saw him froze and his hand, which was trying to reach out for me, faltered.

"Lorraine," he said, his voice so low that I thought that I was imagining it. It wouldn't have been the first time that I did. "I'm -"

And all of a sudden, his arms were around me and I felt him bury his face in my hair. We stood like that for what seemed like hours, but in reality couldn't have been more than ten minutes, properly content. I leant my head against his chest, aware that the tears that I had been trying to stop had escaped. I tried to choke back a sob.

"Shh," he said, tightening his hold. "Don't cry."

"Why should I?" I said, my voice coming out hoarse.

He flinched and pulled away.

"What's wrong?" he asked me.

I laughed, though not humorously. "Nothing is."

He didn't say anything and just kept on stroking my cheek with his thumb. Ikept on talking.

"You have a girlfriend."

His face remained expressionless.

"You love her."

No response.

"/But/ you /like /me."

He wasn't looking at me anymore.

"Now," I said, balling my hands into fists. "Do you," I punched his chest."Have any," Another punch. "Idea," he hadn't moved an inch. "How confusing," I was pretty sure that I was only hurting myself. "That is?"

I was about to give him the hardest punch I could muster when he caught my wrist and pulled me closer to him, effectively knocking me out of my senses. Iwas vaguely aware of the fact that he had tilted his head down and that we were just a scant millimeters apart.

"Has it ever crossed your mind?" he said, his breath fanning over my face making me blush. "That maybe," he leant closer still and I could feel his lips hovering near mine. "I was only trying to make you jealous?"

And he kissed me.

Sign up to rate and review this story